Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Brandon, I really shouldn't be asking questions....
    How tall is your fiancee?
    I agree with what you said about the HH pull outs and that really intrigues me about the Blackbird. That double layer OD is looking tempting...
    However, I'm concerned about getting cramped like I do in other gather ended hammocks. They are great to relax in but to sleep I've come to really dig the bridge style.
    I'm wondering about my 6'3" self fitting between those pullouts (hence the question on her height).
    I REALLY like the storage area. that's **** cool.

Scott
    Scott

"Man is a stream whose source is hidden."
    RWE

Images
    she is, 5'9. i had her scoot all the way down so she would fill the foot-box so you could see it better in the pic.

not sure what the max height is, but i'm 5'11, and if i scoot all the way into the footbox(or close) i have max upper body room, and my shoulder is close to the lower pull tab while the other pull tab is up even with or just past my head. if i want, i can slide up toward the head end by at least 6" and still have plenty of head and shoulder room. i normally have enough to where i can throw my left shoulder up over and behind my head and my elbow not hit the netting. i don't know if you could do this as easily as i do being 4"shorter, but seriously doubt your head or feet would be protruding into the side of the hammock like you're accostomed to.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Every time I see one of the pictures of your fiancee, she reminds me of Yancy Butler that I saw in one of the Claude Van **** movies.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    The more I look at warbonnet's gallery photos the more I think about the design. The more I really like the Blackbird. Just need to get some feedback on JRB underquilt compatibility. Personal preference is for underquilts vs. pads. But with the double layer allowing a pad to slip in for bottom side insulation it's a decision between single layer or double layer model.

Bad new for me was the too expensive air fares for a Oct-Nov Molokai backpacking/camping trip and now my co-worker fell out of a tree stand shattering a leg. Had to cancel any plans for a Superior Trail trip. The good news is a few extra $$s available for a warbonnet hammock. Looks to be a bunch of 1-2 nighters stealth camping out the back door. Perfect for testing a new hammock!
    Noel V.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Every time I see one of the pictures of your fiancee, she reminds me of Yancy Butler that I saw in one of the Claude Van **** movies.
    i'll have to google the name to see.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    . and now my co-worker fell out of a tree stand shattering a leg.
    Sorry to hear about your co-worker. I hope his bones heal well & quick.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    The more I look at warbonnet's gallery photos the more I think about the design. The more I really like the Blackbird. Just need to get some feedback on JRB underquilt compatibility. Personal preference is for underquilts vs. pads. But with the double layer allowing a pad to slip in for bottom side insulation it's a decision between single layer or double layer model.

Bad new for me was the too expensive air fares for a Oct-Nov Molokai backpacking/camping trip and now my co-worker fell out of a tree stand shattering a leg. Had to cancel any plans for a Superior Trail trip. The good news is a few extra $$s available for a warbonnet hammock. Looks to be a bunch of 1-2 nighters stealth camping out the back door. Perfect for testing a new hammock!
    Koaloha, et al,

We have not found a camping hammock that the standard family of JRB quilts does not fit....JJ has an earlier WB and a couple JRB quilts....Believe he has commented that they work fine a year or so ago... Perhaps he will wade in with an up-date....Bottom line is JRB quilts will work with the WBs.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Received a note from JustJeff. The Nest works fine on the Eldorado. Should be no problems with the Blackbird. Maybe if wanted a couple new tie out loops sewed to Nest & Mt. Washington.

1st season hanging. When I started this new journey was totally ignorant about everything related to hammocks. Have become a gear junky. H.A.S (hammock acquisition syndrome) has kicked in again. The learning process has made one nighters whether just a short walk or 1/2 day hike out the back door fun. Has reawaken me to the pure joy of just hiking my home area. Really stoked to field test the Blackbird and see if I can find this oak tree that I think it might be possible to hang from without another tree. I was "lost" when the tree found me. Can't relocate it,yet.
    Last edited by koaloha05; 09-16-2008 at 10:39.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hope and prayer
    Images
    This looks neat! Quick question for the newbie - what is the difference in the materials:

Single layer 1.7 od green
    Double layer 1.1 black
    Double layer 1.1 green 2nds

I'm off to the SEHHA this weekend - hope to see all the different hammocks. Already thinking of my next hammock

Also - if you need help on your website when and if you do one - lemme know...

Jim

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Jeez !
    It looks so strange
    I got to have one !

Can you check the shipping cost to Stockholm, Sweden,
    for a Blackbird ,Single layer 1.1 black , with the line option.

Ps, since it's pre-order, how long time are we talking about?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast