PDA

View Full Version : Got my Custom Made Pak-It-Lite F.O.B. Hammock!

TZ75man
10-16-2014, 12:26
This is my 2nd Pak-It-Lite FOB hammock from Tony. I loved my 1st one, but had an idea to custom make a 2nd one for more of a "true" 4 season hammock. Normally the FOB comes with one window with screen that has a panel that you can zip up for colder weather. This hammock has proven to be very effective and warm so far (at least down to 38*, the lowest it's got here so far this year). But in Indiana it can get pretty warm and humid in the summer and I felt one window wouldn't give me the air circulation I needed. So, I contacted Tony and told him what I needed and this is the result:
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo5_zpsd5019f96.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo5_zpsd5019f96.jpg.html)

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo4_zpseb544145.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo4_zpseb544145.jpg.html)

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo1_zps3e88f96c.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo1_zps3e88f96c.jpg.html)

I also purchased the new suspension system for it. I love it! Really makes set up time quick and if you can't get the Amstel to relax (which I've had troubles with before on earlier set ups) you can always release the buckle on the tree straps.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo3_zpsd21082df.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo3_zpsd21082df.jpg.html)

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo_zpsec63ff1c.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo_zpsec63ff1c.jpg.html)

Tony really has done his homework with his hammocks, very quality oriented and well thought out. I've heard his hammocks being referred to as more of a "tactical" hammock, but that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a backpacker but more of a Prepper/Survivalist. This hammock will be my home away from home if crap hits the fan. Tony includes amenities in his hammocks that I just love. A ridge line accessory pouch that has pockets on both sides (4 on one side and 2 larger on the other). The larger pockets easily hold my full size Glock handily in reach. There is also a suspended suction cup from the ridge line that you can attach your cell or Ipad to that lets you be hands free to watch videos or what ever. At each end there are web loops to hang your light or a battery operated fan like I do. There are generous pockets on each side of hammock that you stuff extra clothing etc in. The pad pocket is already designed in to what I believe is a 30* lie angle. The hammock bed is aprox 59" and length of the hammock is 8', 5" with the weight being 2 lbs. While this may seem short to some, I'm 6', 220 lbs and a side sleeper and with the design of the hammock I'm very comfy with lots of room. I ordered and payed for my hammock on a Thursday and received it on Tuesday with Monday being Columbus day and no mail deliveries that day. Pretty awesome turn around time! I'm actually thinking of sending my first FOB back and having it customized with a 2nd window also. The only con I can come up with is that I wish I'd ordered it earlier in the year so that I could've enjoyed it more.

gunner76
10-16-2014, 21:24
Nice looking setup. 59" wide would be a bit narrower than I like though.

TZ75man
10-17-2014, 01:17
The way you hang in it doesn't feel narrow at all. I'm very comfy and being a side sleeper I have no problem curling up or lying semi on my stomach.

hutzelbein
10-17-2014, 05:15
Glad to see some feedback on Pak-It-Lite hammocks. There's way too little info on the website.

TZ75man
10-17-2014, 10:20
What info would everyone like? I could talk to Tony and have him put it on his website. He really is all about customer satisfaction.

theseakayaker
10-17-2014, 12:55
Thanks Fuzzy!

theseakayaker
10-17-2014, 12:56
Glad to see some feedback on Pak-It-Lite hammocks. There's way too little info on the website.

A call is all it takes to answer your questions.

hutzelbein
10-17-2014, 15:40
A call is all it takes to answer your questions.

Thanks, but the phone is not a good option for everybody. In my case, there is a considerable time difference, and although my English is not too bad, it's not always easy to understand somebody you are not used to on the phone. It's easier to read, especially if there are photos to illustrate.

In case you're interested, here are a couple of suggestions of what you could add to your website to make it easier for potential buyers to understand what they're looking at.

The exact specs for each hammock would help to get an idea if the hammock is suited to the intended user. I know that you say your hammocks are constructed in a special way so that the pure specs are not necessarily meaningful - but not giving them won't convince those who would like to know more. It's not clear whether the length of 8'5" is the ridgeline length, or the hammock body length. Most hammock makers give the hammock body length and width as well as ridgeline length. It's also not clear if the quoted weight includes suspension and other add-ons that might be exchanged by the owner. I'd always like to know the weight of the hammock only.
It's difficult to understand the differences between your hammock models. After studying your website closely, I think that the F.O.B. and the F.O.B. in Olive Drab are the same hammock, with the only difference being the fabric and fabric color. It doesn't explain the weight difference of 6oz, which is considerable if you just don't like camo. Then it's not clear what the differences between the F.O.B. and the ReconMN are. Again, after studying the pictures, I assume that the ReconMN is basically the same as the F.O.B. but with mosquito netting instead of fabric (?). But why does it weigh 32oz. when the netting should make it lighter? And what's the difference between your Scout models? Why is the weight different?
Pictures of the inside of your hammocks, especially the features like the pockets would be nice.
If I would like to, could I exchange the suspension for something else, like e.g. whoopies? If not, why?
Currently you have one video that is supposed to do it all. I prefer to have videos for different questions. One for "how do I hang this hammock?"; another one that shows the models and features. I would watch the latter first, to see if I'm interested at all. When I start watching and have to sit through several minutes of "this is how you hang the hammock", I might not get to the part that shows the features. I might decide that the whole thing is too strange (compared to other hammock suspension) and quit before getting to the more interesting part.
More photos would be very nice. Maybe happy customers could contribute.
Since your hammocks have a special construction, and you claim that although they seem to be quite short, they still provide ample room for taller users - why not show it? With photos and/or a video. A picture says more than a thousand words.
do underquilts work with your hammocks as well (since they seem to be cut differently than other hammocks), or do you have to use a pad?
if you do custom work, what is possible? For example, if I wanted a lighter fabric because I'm only half the weight of the weight limit (but my back would appreciate a couple less ounces because I'm not as big and strong as somebody weighing 200lbs) would you do it? If I wanted a cross-over between the winter and summer hammock (like e.g. the DH DangerBird), could it be done?
Shipping costs to Germany seem excessive with $71.75 for one hammock only. I have ordered with lots of US shops. Even two hammocks with tarps are usually around $50. If I have to pay more than usual, it would help to know why - and if there are options. (This obviously only applies for international customers; I assume you do most business with Americans. But there is a growing market outside the US.)

Those were just a couple of the thoughts I had. There probably is more information on the website than it seems on the first glance, but I don't really want to read it from A-Z and watch all the videos to get the answers to some basic questions. The first thing I do when I'm interested in any product is to find the page that gives me the overview and specs. If I don't get that, I have to be very interested to keep looking. It's simply so much easier to understand what I'm looking at if I get the overview first.

Your hammocks look very interesting, so it's a pity that they are not discussed more here. Maybe with more info on the website, this could change.

TZ75man
10-18-2014, 01:27
I'm not sure if Tony can answer any questions here as I think there are Vender restrictions on "chiming in" on their products. I'm not sure why, as I feel it would be a good way for venders to answer questions about their products.

hutzelbein
10-18-2014, 04:25
Sorry, you're right - I forgot that this was the "Review" section. Mods, you can delete or move my post if you feel it shouldn't be here.

TZ75man
10-18-2014, 08:42
Please don't remove hutzelbein's posts! Very informative!

theseakayaker
10-18-2014, 09:12
All I can say without getting into trouble on this site, since I'm a "vendor", I'm 6'2" @ 240lbs and there is ample room. In my sea kayaking business, I lone hammocks to clients for my tours. The tallest to sleep in one was 6'4". He said he slept like a rock. With this hammock, forget everything you know or have heard about hammocks or how they work. This is a different beast. Trust me.

mountainhanger
10-18-2014, 10:04
All I can say without getting into trouble on this site, since I'm a "vendor", I'm 6'2" @ 240lbs and there is ample room. In my sea kayaking business, I lone hammocks to clients for my tours. The tallest to sleep in one was 6'4". He said he slept like a rock. With this hammock, forget everything you know or have heard about hammocks or how they work. This is a different beast. Trust me.
Believe me we love new and different but we also love specs and pics and videos. . Alot of what hutzelben has said would help greatly. I'm interested for sure but with alot of new ideas in one package a video explaining and showing it all would help, especially the set up as I found that to be kinda hard to picture in my mind..plus what about weight limits up too 400lbs? And I don't think it would be wrong to answer questions about your product..In my opinion. . I'll be watching this thread for more info

theseakayaker
10-18-2014, 12:25
I'm interested for sure but with alot of new ideas in one package a video explaining and showing it all would help, especially the set up as I found that to be kinda hard to picture in my mind.

There is on my site.

mountainhanger
10-18-2014, 14:25
I had to go to youtube to watch the videos on my phone, I really like this but I am pushung the weight limit at 350 and I don't have trees that close or skinny together in my yard, but still might pick one up to give a try

TZ75man
10-19-2014, 04:01
The closest trees I have in my yard are 21' apart. Not the best option, but I have my original FOB hanging from them and it still works. I actually take an hour "nap" every nite in it before sneaking into bed before my wife wakes up (I work 2nd shift). To answer questions about different suspension systems working with the Pak-It-Lite hammocks, my original FOB is suspended with Eno Atlas Straps to the trees, with carabiners and Whoopie Slings then connected to the hammock. Anything that will connect to a loop will work as that's what's at each end of the hammocks. While this works, in the real world I'd find trees closer together where I didn't need a step ladder to get the suspension high enough on the trees. Another issue I'm having with this suspension and why I like the new Pak It Lite suspension better is that I can't seem to get the Whoopies relaxed enough to take my hammock down since it's been hanging a couple of months now. I have a feeling I'm going to have to cut one of the Whoopies. With the new Pak-It-Lite suspension, if this happens, all I have to do is relax the tree strap part of it and then remove the toggles from the hammock.

theseakayaker
10-19-2014, 08:53
Thanks, but the phone is not a good option for everybody. In my case, there is a considerable time difference, and although my English is not too bad, it's not always easy to understand somebody you are not used to on the phone. It's easier to read, especially if there are photos to illustrate.

In case you're interested, here are a couple of suggestions of what you could add to your website to make it easier for potential buyers to understand what they're looking at.

The exact specs for each hammock would help to get an idea if the hammock is suited to the intended user. I know that you say your hammocks are constructed in a special way so that the pure specs are not necessarily meaningful - but not giving them won't convince those who would like to know more. It's not clear whether the length of 8'5" is the ridgeline length, or the hammock body length. Most hammock makers give the hammock body length and width as well as ridgeline length. It's also not clear if the quoted weight includes suspension and other add-ons that might be exchanged by the owner. I'd always like to know the weight of the hammock only.
It's difficult to understand the differences between your hammock models. After studying your website closely, I think that the F.O.B. and the F.O.B. in Olive Drab are the same hammock, with the only difference being the fabric and fabric color. It doesn't explain the weight difference of 6oz, which is considerable if you just don't like camo. Then it's not clear what the differences between the F.O.B. and the ReconMN are. Again, after studying the pictures, I assume that the ReconMN is basically the same as the F.O.B. but with mosquito netting instead of fabric (?). But why does it weigh 32oz. when the netting should make it lighter? And what's the difference between your Scout models? Why is the weight different?
Pictures of the inside of your hammocks, especially the features like the pockets would be nice.
If I would like to, could I exchange the suspension for something else, like e.g. whoopies? If not, why?
Currently you have one video that is supposed to do it all. I prefer to have videos for different questions. One for "how do I hang this hammock?"; another one that shows the models and features. I would watch the latter first, to see if I'm interested at all. When I start watching and have to sit through several minutes of "this is how you hang the hammock", I might not get to the part that shows the features. I might decide that the whole thing is too strange (compared to other hammock suspension) and quit before getting to the more interesting part.
Since your hammocks have a special construction, and you claim that although they seem to be quite short, they still provide ample room for taller users - why not show it? With photos and/or a video. A picture says more than a thousand words.
do underquilts work with your hammocks as well (since they seem to be cut differently than other hammocks), or do you have to use a pad?
if you do custom work, what is possible? For example, if I wanted a lighter fabric because I'm only half the weight of the weight limit (but my back would appreciate a couple less ounces because I'm not as big and strong as somebody weighing 200lbs) would you do it? If I wanted a cross-over between the winter and summer hammock (like e.g. the DH DangerBird), could it be done?
Shipping costs to Germany seem excessive with $71.75 for one hammock only. I have ordered with lots of US shops. Even two hammocks with tarps are usually around $50. If I have to pay more than usual, it would help to know why - and if there are options. (This obviously only applies for international customers; I assume you do most business with Americans. But there is a growing market outside the US.)

Those were just a couple of the thoughts I had. There probably is more information on the website than it seems on the first glance, but I don't really want to read it from A-Z and watch all the videos to get the answers to some basic questions. The first thing I do when I'm interested in any product is to find the page that gives me the overview and specs. If I don't get that, I have to be very interested to keep looking. It's simply so much easier to understand what I'm looking at if I get the overview first.

Your hammocks look very interesting, so it's a pity that they are not discussed more here. Maybe with more info on the website, this could change.

I've been trying to answer all your questions via this site email but keep getting kick off. I think the site is timing out. The last email you sent, I had the same issue. Go to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PAKITLITE and post your questions there and I can answer them with out any issues. You can also talk with other folks who have my hammocks for more feed back. You really need to talk to Eric in Belgium is you're concerned about shipping.

theseakayaker
10-19-2014, 12:41
I had to go to youtube to watch the videos on my phone, I really like this but I am pushung the weight limit at 350 and I don't have trees that close or skinny together in my yard, but still might pick one up to give a try

I am currently doing load stress test on my hammocks. The hardware (support system and hammock end loops) have been taken to an immediate stress load of 500lbs. I am still waiting to to a long term stress load to see if that 500lb load with hold over a longer period of time. I will also be doing a stress test for the tear strength of the current hammock material itself, mainly the hammock body. That will be done using a 25gal water badder to simulate a body in the hammock but it will take some time to get the equipment I need for that test. From the preliminary testing done so far, I feel certain that the weight limits on my hammocks will go from 295lbs to over 325lbs and maybe even higher. As I get into using lighter materials for hammocks like the Snowblind, those weight limits will drop back down to 280lbs or 295lbs only because of the tear strength of the lighter fabrics.

If you want to check with me in the future to see how the test are going, just let me know.

TZ75man
10-20-2014, 10:36
While I don't have any pics of it yet. I do have the full system set up (rain fly, suspension). One of the things I like about the full system set up is that where ever the hammock fits, so does the rain fly. You can even leave the rain fly attached to the hammock to cut down set up time if you want. I can have my hammock hanging in under 5 minutes including staking out the sides with the suspension system and I'm a newbie at it. If I left the rain fly attached it would be about the same amount of time with a little extra time for staking out the rain fly. This could be huge when setting up in rain. One trick I did learn was to leave the foot end of the suspension almost all the way out before set up. This ensures it'll reach without having to leave the foot end on the ground until you extend it. You just hold the foot end in one hand, grab the toggle and insert it then adjust it taut. Can't get much easier than that. I really wish I had a video cam to film it, very simple set up.

theseakayaker
10-20-2014, 16:33
[QUOTE=TZ75man;1342001 I really wish I had a video cam to film it, very simple set up.[/QUOTE]

You can now get a new Gopro @ Walmart for $199. Great cams!

TZ75man
10-21-2014, 10:28
Ok, I took some pics yesterday of my first FOB that pretty much hangs 24/7. I "nap" in this every night for about an hour before going to bed. I have a secondary tarp above this set up for more of a protective tarp from the elements. Due to the neighbors kittens climbing the trees and then jumping onto the tarp, I didn't really want a bunch of little holes in my set up. Here's a pic how it normally is:
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo12_zpse484cd71.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo12_zpse484cd71.jpg.html)

Here's one with the whoobie over it. The poncho liner fits my hammock perfect and really helps keep the heat in even in windy conditions

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo13_zps19a6561b.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo13_zps19a6561b.jpg.html)

Here's one without the woobie. As you can see, the rainfly as the full system works perfect

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo15_zps5cfcbebd.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo15_zps5cfcbebd.jpg.html)

Here's an inside view of the pad pocket and the angle it's on in the hammock

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo11_zps3ea92362.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo11_zps3ea92362.jpg.html)

another with my MSS intermediate sleeping bag on the angle

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/fuzz2moe/photo9_zpse2cc38a8.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/fuzz2moe/media/photo9_zpse2cc38a8.jpg.html)

Hopefully these pics help to better understand the hammock.

theseakayaker
10-21-2014, 21:24
Cool idea with the poncho liner. I use mine every day but inside the hammock....over my body. You can also tie it under the hammock as back up to your closed cell foam pad on temps below 0. So, which do you like better the flannel liner or the calendared ripstop liner in your new hammock?

TZ75man
10-22-2014, 10:05
Haven't got to spend any time in the new one yet so I'm not sure which liner I like better yet. It got down to 32* last nite with wind. I stayed warm but my nose got a little cold. I need to swap out the hammocks but with all the overtime I'm working I just don't have much time. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to cut one of the whoopies off as I can't get either end to relax enough to let the hammock down. When I do, I'll use your suspension to hang the new one up so that I don't have those problems again.

Koolranch
11-13-2014, 11:54
These hammocks look really cool. I would love to see more close up pictures and videos.

TZ75man
11-14-2014, 02:58
I think Tony's doing a photo shoot this weekend so hopefully he'll have some better pics than what I have. There's a lot of little amenities that you don't see on his website. One I just discovered is a tent stake pouch attached inside hammock stuff sack. These hammocks have a well thought out design and are super comfortable. I loved my 1st one so much that I bought another. And then I worked a bunch of overtime so I could order a 3rd (customized also) with a custom made rainfly.

Koolranch
11-19-2014, 15:54
I like the way the zipper/door looks. It seams that I saw a similar design but can't place it. I would really like to see one in person.

GoatHanger
11-19-2014, 16:45
Wow, that looks really interesting. I'd like to take one of those car camping. Pretty cool.

Koolranch
12-03-2014, 19:36
I think Tony's doing a photo shoot this weekend so hopefully he'll have some better pics than what I have. There's a lot of little amenities that you don't see on his website. One I just discovered is a tent stake pouch attached inside hammock stuff sack. These hammocks have a well thought out design and are super comfortable. I loved my 1st one so much that I bought another. And then I worked a bunch of overtime so I could order a 3rd (customized also) with a custom made rainfly.

The photo shoot is taking a real long time.......

TZ75man
12-04-2014, 10:50
Tony's building a new Pak-It-Lite Hammock website. He's added a few new pictures and info on his old one (http://camphammocks.com/hammocks.html), but will have a lot more on the new website.

Koolranch
12-04-2014, 11:53
Tony's building a new Pak-It-Lite Hammock website. He's added a few new pictures and info on his old one (http://camphammocks.com/hammocks.html), but will have a lot more on the new website.

Nice

RIngFly
12-26-2014, 18:24
HI all I ordered my Pal - it - Lite on the 23rd got email today 26th saying it was shipped WOW .

TZ75man
12-27-2014, 10:03
Which one did you get?

RIngFly
12-27-2014, 17:54
Hi The Recon MN . I do not think I will be doing a lot of winter camping . I wint the hammock for Tenkara fishing , and traditional bow hunting . The most part hiking but some kayaking , and car camping . I am new to hammocks .

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!

TZ75man
12-27-2014, 23:50
I hadn't planned on doing any winter hanging either, and yet.........................can't seem to find a reason to take it down. I find myself taking naps in it every night lol.

RIngFly
12-30-2014, 13:19
Hi all , my Pak it lite Recon came today . It is 15- 20 with good wind . I set it up in my yard . It went up good . With a little fiddling it is up OK . It will take me a few times to get it the way I wint it . I need a wider pad and better OQ or sleeping bag be for I spend a night in it . It will be down neer 0 for the next few nights . I plan to play around with it for a week or so , and maybe spend a few nights in it if it only goes down to 20 . I am very anxious for spring, and fishing and Turkey hunting .

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!!

TZ75man
12-31-2014, 18:59
May I suggest the Solar Ridgerest Regular for your pad. They fit perfect and I've been down to 16* with no issues with mine.

RIngFly
01-01-2015, 08:44
Hi I have 20" pads now and they fit with a lot of room to spear . I ordered the large . Info has it at 24" and pocket is 26" so I hope it fits .

Koolranch
01-02-2015, 13:31
Lets see some pictures of the rigs... I really like the design.

TZ75man
01-02-2015, 16:12
I posted several in the beginning of the thread

Miguel
01-06-2015, 13:24
This hammock has caught my attention, especially the pad sleeve being already sewn in at an angle. I am a bit concerned about the length as I am 6'2". Any problems hanging an UQ with this hammock? I also appreciate that the vendor is willing to customize. May have to try one, especially the new light weight version mentioned on FB. When will they be available?

hutzelbein
01-06-2015, 13:35
It's an 11' hammock which should be plenty fine for you. Afaik the PiL hammocks are designed for pad use; I seem to remember somebody saying that you lose some comfort when using an underquilt. I think it has to do with the cut of the hammock.

Miguel
01-06-2015, 14:19
It's an 11' hammock which should be plenty fine for you. Afaik the PiL hammocks are designed for pad use; I seem to remember somebody saying that you lose some comfort when using an underquilt. I think it has to do with the cut of the hammock.

I must have missed something as the OP stated the length as being 8'5".

RIngFly
01-06-2015, 14:20
Hi when I talked with the owner last week he was getting more light

weight materials . He may have gotten it by now . He had a few light weight hammocks on order to build . Give him a call , he is very good too talk with . Good luck

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!!

Miguel
01-06-2015, 14:26
I see on his site 8'6"is toggle to toggle. I may have to try one of these. :)

hutzelbein
01-06-2015, 14:27

There was some confusion about the length and the info on the website was sketchy at best. But there's a picture on the PiL website now, which shows the specs: http://camphammocks.com/hammocks.html

The 8'6" length is the length of the ridgeline.

dakotaross
01-06-2015, 14:35

I guess because it seems to be made for having no sag, which pad use might help mitigate ridge issues. Otherwise, how could you LOSE comfort with an UQ?!?

I see on his site 8'6"is toggle to toggle. I may have to try one of these. :)

Yeah, but it says the length of the hammock is 11'6", which is the length we're normally talking about when we're talking length.

hutzelbein
01-06-2015, 14:53
I guess because it seems to be made for having no sag, which pad use might help mitigate ridge issues. Otherwise, how could you LOSE comfort with an UQ?!?

There are quite a few hammocks that are designed for pad use (e.g. Exped Ergo, Sky Bed, Amok Daumr). Most need the pad to provide enough stability or comfort. If you replace the pad with an underquilt, the hammock either doesn't work at all, or it loses comfort. If I understood it correctly, the PiL hammocks are not made from a rectangular piece of fabric, but have curves cut into the short edges. From experiments with cat-cut ends I know that depending on the severity and form of the cut, there will be one or more ridges. Those didn't feel great without a pad that counteracts the ridges.

Miguel
01-10-2015, 08:53
I'm somewhat intrigued with the notion of having the pad sleeve sewn on a diagonal which seems would keep it in the desired location much better than a traditional double layered hammock. I would love some more honest feedback from others who have tried it along with their experiences with an UQ. Anyone out there in cyberlandia willing to share?

Stevie
01-17-2015, 09:17
This is without doubt my next purchase. Currently clearing the decks for it just now. So keep an eye out on the sale section! (when I get enough post to place an add there).
Question, was the tailored option much of a cost difference?

Thanks,

TZ75man
01-17-2015, 10:24
Mine was the first so basically Tony had to kinda redesign the hammock for the window. He didn't have a pattern for it. The price ended up being a little cheaper than what he first quoted me (that's always nice!). Also it was completed and shipped a lot sooner then what he originally told me. I felt the price was very fair and I'm very happy with it. Tony's customer service is AWESOME!

Stevie
01-17-2015, 11:37
Mine was the first so basically Tony had to kinda redesign the hammock for the window. He didn't have a pattern for it. The price ended up being a little cheaper than what he first quoted me (that's always nice!). Also it was completed and shipped a lot sooner then what he originally told me. I felt the price was very fair and I'm very happy with it. Tony's customer service is AWESOME!

Thanks very much mate.

Looking forward to touching base with him and getting mine made up.
Maybe even tell him you recommended me - try and engineer a discount!

Gsx-rboy750
01-19-2015, 23:43

"Although my english is not so good" STOP lol You could probably teach 60% of americans better grammar

GreatBigDave
02-03-2015, 12:37
"...You could probably teach 60% of americans better grammarIn response to class wide complaints about German grammar, my grade school German teacher told us that all school children in Germany learn English and that they all speak and write it better than Americans. I was, of course, offended but the truth is that I learned more about English grammar in German class than I did in English classes.

hutzelbein
02-03-2015, 14:39
In response to class wide complaints about German grammar, my grade school German teacher told us that all school children in Germany learn English and that they all speak and write it better than Americans. I was, of course, offended but the truth is that I learned more about English grammar in German class than I did in English classes.

Maybe you write better German than I do, then :) Grammar is overrated anyways.