PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Simply Light Designs

HesNot
10-22-2014, 13:26
I bought a SLD Tree Runner DL here on the sales forum and was impressed by the quality - so i just picked up a Trail Lair in order to have a bug net version. I had a question regarding tree straps as well which was answered very rapidly and the customer service from Jared has been top notch. I'll report when it arrives (shipping was super fast, admittedly it was a hammock he had already made and was in stock) but I just had to note what a great experience it was ordering from SLD!

The cottage guys here are really doing amazing work. I believe when the TL arrives both of my setups will be exclusively from cottage vendors (have an AHE Toxaway tarp and New River UQ).

I look forward to sharing my initial impressions when the hammock arrives.

mychal
10-22-2014, 14:17
Awesome! For what it's worth, I think it wouldn't matter if he had the Trail Lair in stock. I've ordered nothing but custom hammocks and tarps from him, and they've all been in the mail the next morning, including the one I ordered at 10 pm. If there's an outstanding order, that dude doesn't seem to sleep until it's shipped. And yet the product quality is top notch. He fits well with the other excellent cottage vendors here.

OutandBack
10-22-2014, 14:31
I sure hope you will post some picts when you get your kit assembled. It sound great.

GoatHanger
10-22-2014, 15:25
Same. Jared is awesome. I love my Trail Lair.

Enjoy!

Dutch
10-22-2014, 15:49
Not only do I like Jared's work but also his simple principle behind his gear. I haven't met him yet, but I would love to kick a hike with him. He make gear that is meant to be used.

Gravity
10-22-2014, 18:39
Trail Lair: Simple, practical, no-fuzz.

backpacker
10-22-2014, 20:09
Good to hear about your awesome experience. Post what your set up looks like when it's in.

weaver2469
10-22-2014, 20:36
Let me throw another good story into this thread. I contacted Jared last Saturday about making me a Streamliner from Dutch's Argon 1.6. He responded to an email very quickly and said it wouldn't be a problem, so I placed my order Saturday night. On Monday, Dutch shipped the fabric to Jared. Jared received it on Wednesday at 2:52 pm, per the usps tracking info. At 8:38, I received a notice from Jared that my finished hammock had shipped. In case you didn't follow that math, the total turnaround for a custom hammock was less than 6 hours. Wow. I couldn't be more pleased with the service. I am very excited to get the hammock. Thanks to both Jared and Dutch for their great service.

backpacker
10-22-2014, 22:18
Let me throw another good story into this thread. I contacted Jared last Saturday about making me a Streamliner from Dutch's Argon 1.6. He responded to an email very quickly and said it wouldn't be a problem, so I placed my order Saturday night. On Monday, Dutch shipped the fabric to Jared. Jared received it on Wednesday at 2:52 pm, per the usps tracking info. At 8:38, I received a notice from Jared that my finished hammock had shipped. In case you didn't follow that math, the total turnaround for a custom hammock was less than 6 hours. Wow. I couldn't be more pleased with the service. I am very excited to get the hammock. Thanks to both Jared and Dutch for their great service.

WOW! That's quick

michigandave
11-14-2014, 08:52
Adding another story of Jared's amazing service. First of all, I've been a long time supporter of his products, going all the way back to being the beta tester on the Trail Haven 11 2 years ago (still in service and going strong). Last week (nov 5th) I contacted him with some questions/availability on making a Winter Haven tarp for me. A few email's back and forth, he started making it, then I pulled the trigger for it officially on Thursday the 5th. Within the hour I had an invoice and an update saying he's finishing it up and doing the seamsealing. Friday morning I get an email (at 3:00 am), saying it's all done and here's the tracking. New tarp arrived on Monday the 10th. Amazingly fast and top notch quality. FYI, SLD is temporarily closed, but you can still order stuff (see website) for 2 weeks as his family sets off on a new adventure.

As I've said before, Jared needs his own vendor forum:
https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/95303-Why-no-Simply-Light-Designs-subforum