PDA

View Full Version : Loving my Zeppelin but had a Hennessy question

rookie
10-31-2014, 09:44
First off, LOVE the Zeppelin! Slept with it twice so far (once in my back yard and once camping) and this thing is amazing at heat retention! I found I needed to loosen up the secondary suspension to let some air under there! But I only got into 40s so far anyway and am looking forward to some winter camping.

I did have a question, though:

Seeing that I am 6'2'', I have a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe. So it's a longer hammock. The Zeppelin fits fine, but I have this feeling that once connected, the primary UQ suspension is very 'tight'. I connect the black biners directly to hammock suspension. It all stays in place as one would expect, but once I get in, I really can notice the tightness of primary UQ suspension next to sides of the hammock (on the hammock bug netting).

I guess what I am asking is:

Anyone else using this setup? How 'tight' (or maybe the right word is 'stretched') are the quilt sides when you put it on and - is this nothing to worry about and is expected or ? Obviously, I do not expect the suspension to be 'floppy'.

sr1355
10-31-2014, 14:01
WOOT!!! Glad it's keeping you warm and hope you get years of use from it. First the shock cord is brand new 100% elongation SC and will relax with additional use. The primary suspension has a big job and that is to keep the quilt pulled snug to the bottom of the hammock. This does result in tension in the primary suspension as one would suspect. We have used weaker smaller diameter shock cord but found that as the temperature drops, when you need the quilt the most, the elastics relax even further. This resulted in the dreaded "COLD BUTT SYNDROME" and having to get up during the night to fiddle and tighten things up.

You can stretch the suspension out a few time to relax it, like you would a new rubber band. This is get it moving in the right direction for you.... Hope that heps....