PDA

View Full Version : Backcountry Comforter

LMychajluk
11-05-2014, 13:47
Anyone using these at home on their regular beds? Would it be too warm?

I could use a new comforter, and I was thinking of maybe getting the Backcountry Comforter, sticking it in a duvet cover, and using it on my Queen bed during the winter months. In the warmer months, I'd pull it out of the cover and use it with a double pad setup when tent camping.

Pros / Cons? Other thoughts? Thanks!

gnar
11-05-2014, 14:41
Anyone using these at home on their regular beds? Would it be too warm?

I could use a new comforter, and I was thinking of maybe getting the Backcountry Comforter, sticking it in a duvet cover, and using it on my Queen bed during the winter months. In the warmer months, I'd pull it out of the cover and use it with a double pad setup when tent camping.

Pros / Cons? Other thoughts? Thanks!

sounds like a great idea to me, ive thought about this my self but 3 young kids that I would not trust to be nice to it

LMychajluk
11-05-2014, 15:43
So, a couple more questions re: the Backcountry:

1) I understand the drawstring foot box, but what is mean by 'standard snaps'? Where are these snaps and what are they for?

2) Will the Backcountry be on sale along with the other quilts? What if I also buy an under quilt for my new Hammock? ;)

hutzelbein
11-06-2014, 05:55
In theory a great idea - I have toyed with something like this, too. However, chances are that the outdoor fabric is very slick, which means the comforter will likely slip around in duvet cover. I use my semi-rec sleeping bags as additional blanket in the colder months: can't use them on top of my normal blankets because they end up slipping on the floor. The other way round it's somewhat better, but there's still slippage. Otherwise it's always good to have multi use for any item :)