PDA

View Full Version : 2 quotes at a time?

Beast 71
08-18-2009, 00:36
How can I quote two people at the same time in the same thread? :confused:

gunn parker
08-18-2009, 00:45
You may need to manually type the quote tags in your reply.
you start with a [ then type quote=persons name] then paste in what you would like to quote, then close the tag by typing [/quote]
for example when I quoted you above it looks this but without the gaps.
If you want to quote from different posts it might be an idea to write it in note pad first and copy and paste it into your post here.

[ quote = Beast 71;141448 ]How can I quote two people at the same time in the same thread? :confused:[ / quote ]

then repeat that quote tag as often as you like.
hope this helps

angrysparrow
08-18-2009, 01:35

It's really much easier than that.
Look to the right side of each post at the icon - http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif That icon is a 'toggle switch'. Click it to 'highlight' that post, and as many others as you like. Then, when you click the 'Post Reply' button at the bottom left of the thread, all of the posts you selected will be inserted as quotes in the reply window.

Hooch
08-18-2009, 05:23
How can I quote two people at the same time in the same thread? :confused:I don't know what you're talking about.

How can I quote two people at the same time in the same thread? :confused:I don't know what you're talking about.

:lol::lol::lol:

gunn parker
08-18-2009, 07:26
Look to the right side of each post at the icon - http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif That icon is a 'toggle switch'. Click it to 'highlight' that post, and as many others as you like. Then, when you click the 'Post Reply' button at the bottom left of the thread, all of the posts you selected will be inserted as quotes in the reply window.

I knew there would have been as easy but just could not find it.
Thanks

Cannibal
08-18-2009, 08:39
No worries gunn, I spent about 2 or 3 weeks doing multiple quotes the exact way you laid out. Felt a bit of a fool when I randomly clicked that button to see what it did. :o

angrysparrow
08-18-2009, 08:42
Felt a bit of a fool... :o

Nah, there's no need to feel bad about not knowing something. We all do that sometimes. ;)

GrizzlyAdams
08-18-2009, 09:14
well there, I learned something today. Guess I can go home now!

Lo these couple of years, every time I put together a multi-quote post I did it with two windows. One to build the post, the other to get the quote I wanted in the VB format by hitting "quote" on it, and then doing a cut and paste.

When you got a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Thanks for asking Beast71, and thanks for answering AS. My productivity will now soar.

wait a minute, I think for that productivity soaring thing a better approach would be to get off HF and do some real work....

Grizz

NCPatrick
08-18-2009, 09:21
wait a minute, I think for that productivity soaring thing a better approach would be to get off HF and do some real work....

Grizz

Hey now, you're talking all crazy-like...

Cannibal
08-18-2009, 09:22
HOOCH WHERE ARE YOU?!
Grizz is off his meds! :scared:

Rain Man
08-18-2009, 09:33

WOW!!!! Live and learn!

Rain Man

fin
08-18-2009, 09:49
You guys really need to get a little sense of adventure, and just push the big, shiny red buttons now and then just to see what happens.:rolleyes::laugh: Must be the IT monkey in me, but I've been using that button for awhile.;) Sometimes being adventurous has its advantages.:eek::D

TeeDee
08-18-2009, 15:23
Heck - you don't even need to push the button - just let the mouse pointer hover over the button and a box with a nice text explanation of the button appears

headchange4u
08-18-2009, 16:20
The multiquote button is a new one on me also. Thanks 411.

fin
08-18-2009, 17:16

WHAT! And you're a mod!:lol: What else is lurking out there if you didn't know about this?:laugh:

gunn parker
08-20-2009, 03:56
I just tried it in another thread and it took a couple of goes but I saw that the icon changes to a green background once you have clicked it.

stormcrow
08-20-2009, 06:00
I just tried it in another thread and it took a couple of goes but I saw that the icon changes to a green background once you have clicked it.

You click all of the multi-quote buttons along the thread that you want to respond to and then hit the reply to message at the bottom and all of the ones that you "made green" will be in the body of your message. If that makes any sense.

TZBrown
06-02-2010, 08:41

I recently wanted to do a multi quote, but at the time could not remember how

I tried it here to see if it would work

You click all of the multi-quote buttons along the thread that you want to respond to and then hit the reply to message at the bottom and all of the ones that you "made green" will be in the body of your message. If that makes any sense.

Great info, and it works

Also this Bump may help some others.
TZ

krugd
06-02-2010, 08:53

Also this Bump may help some others.
TZ

Yep - helps me! TY

waddy
06-02-2010, 09:21
Many thanks for bumping this up!!!

MacEntyre
06-02-2010, 10:13
At first, I thought this was a noobie question...

...because I've always done it that way...

OMG! Wish I'd known about that!

I don't know what you're talking about.
Can anyone ever figure out what Hooch is talking about?

No worries gunn, I spent about 2 or 3 weeks doing multiple quotes the exact way you laid out. Felt a bit of a fool when I randomly clicked that button to see what it did. :o
So, if you felt the fool after 2 - 3 weeks... what about me using the manual method since 2007! :scared:

Nah, there's no need to feel bad about not knowing something. We all do that sometimes. ;)
If feel so much better now!

...a better approach would be to get off HF and do some real work....
But that leaves you with another dilemma... where to find real work?

You guys really need to get a little sense of adventure, and just push the big, shiny red buttons now and then just to see what happens.:rolleyes::laugh:
I feel terrible again!

Heck - you don't even need to push the button...
When do we get voice commands?

I feel better again!

This is exhausting! :eek:

- MacEntyre [back to the sweat shop!]

turnerminator
06-02-2010, 11:48
I have been educated too-Ive been copy and pasting. :)

Hawk-eye
06-02-2010, 11:57
Hi ... my name is Hawk-eye and I've been a manual quoter up untill the last couple months. :mellow:

Then one day I saw LIKE A BEACON FROM THE SKY (evangislist voice) the quick hand of multi-quoting from the master of the Muni ... Shug of multi-quoting.

I PM'ed the mighty one and I've been enlightened since then!

Can I have an Amen? :closedeyes:

All hail the power of the SHUG :lol:

MacEntyre
06-02-2010, 12:28
hey! no religion, even without multi-quotes! :lol::lol:

TOB9595
06-02-2010, 14:22

HOOCH WHERE ARE YOU?!
Grizz is off his meds! :scared:

Hi ... my name is Hawk-eye and I've been a manual quoter up untill the last couple months. :mellow:

Then one day I saw LIKE A BEACON FROM THE SKY (evangislist voice) the quick hand of multi-quoting from the master of the Muni ... Shug of multi-quoting.

I have been educated too-Ive been copy and pasting. :)

At first, I thought this was a noobie question...

...because I've always done it that way...

OMG! Wish I'd known about that!

Can anyone ever figure out what Hooch is talking about?

So, if you felt the fool after 2 - 3 weeks... what about me using the manual method since 2007! :scared:

If feel so much better now!

But that leaves you with another dilemma... where to find real work?

I feel terrible again!

When do we get voice commands?

I feel better again!

This is exhausting! :eek:

- MacEntyre [back to the sweat shop!]

WOW!!!! Live and learn!

Rain Man

First time I've been successful at multiquotes
Thanks
Tom

MikeN
06-02-2010, 15:12
work....

Hey, I thought this was a family place...what's with the 4-letter words??? :D

HamMike
06-02-2010, 16:23
Me too Thanx

Yep - helps me! TY
Mee too Thanx

Always wondered how you fellas did that too! Look at me I'm multi quotin!!

cgul1
06-02-2010, 16:33
scary stuff, never noticed

cgul1:cool: