PDA

View Full Version : Seam sealing Epsilon

DaleT
12-02-2014, 10:44
Hey Guys, I recently finished a tarp made from Epsilon and was curious as to what I should use to seal the ridge seam . Reading about sil net says it works best with silicone coated fabrics. I was also considering making my own from silicone and mineral spirits but I don't want to ruin the tarp or at the very least waste my time if silicon won't adhere to the Epsilon , thanks ,Dale

flatline
12-02-2014, 11:24
Hey Guys, I recently finished a tarp made from Epsilon and was curious as to what I should use to seal the ridge seam . Reading about sil net says it works best with silicone coated fabrics. I was also considering making my own from silicone and mineral spirits but I don't want to ruin the tarp or at the very least waste my time if silicon won't adhere to the Epsilon , thanks ,Dale

Permatex flowable silicone (http://www.permatex.com/products-2/product-categories/adhesives-sealants/sealants/permatex-flowable-silicone-windshield-glass-sealer-detail). Should work just fine and available at most auto supply stores.