PDA

View Full Version : just jumped on some JRB sleeves

MedicineMan
08-24-2009, 21:33
it's the end of summer sale...now what am I going to do with the sleeves?
foot warmers
pillow
enhance a vest
any more ideas?

Canardly
08-24-2009, 21:45
I just bought a pair after my last hang in cool temps. I spend a lot of the night with one arm above my head (out of the quilt's cover) and it gets chilly. I figure the sleeves will be used with my JRB quilt.

Shug
08-24-2009, 21:54
it's the end of summer sale...now what am I going to do with the sleeves?
foot warmers
pillow
enhance a vest
any more ideas?
Stuff into clothes to take off the chill ... works well.
Leg Warmers
Funny Hat
Elephant Trunk
Use around neck on top to seal out draft in quilt.
Hand warmers
Pretend face mask

Scratch
08-24-2009, 21:58
I just bought a JRB down hood. Just 2.5oz and it's going to do a much better job of keeping my head warm this winter than my stocking cap. It's the 1st purchase I've made from JRB. I'm impressed! Great quality. And it arrived sooner than I expected. I may need to get the sleeves to go along with the down vest I have.

Mustardman
08-24-2009, 22:01
I was excited to see the end of summer sale, but disappointed that the Mt Washington 3 isn't on sale. I totally don't need the extra warmth of the 4-season, but sure would have loved to save a few bucks.

MedicineMan
08-24-2009, 22:12
For those who've done business with the Jacks you'd readily admit that the products are top notch, service excellent, arrival time sometimes seemingly instantaneous and they are available right here or on your phone anytime you might have a question.

Take-a-knee
08-25-2009, 09:55
I just bought a JRB down hood. Just 2.5oz and it's going to do a much better job of keeping my head warm this winter than my stocking cap. It's the 1st purchase I've made from JRB. I'm impressed! Great quality. And it arrived sooner than I expected. I may need to get the sleeves to go along with the down vest I have.

Another convert. Get the collar mod kit and sew it onto your down vest.

Scratch
08-25-2009, 12:58
Another convert. Get the collar mod kit and sew it onto your down vest.

Except that I also want to use it with my quilt, I'd consider doing that. I've thought about adding velcro to the vest ... since the hood already has velcro attached. I'll try it out a few times before doing anything permanent.

Take-a-knee
08-25-2009, 21:46
Except that I also want to use it with my quilt, I'd consider doing that. I've thought about adding velcro to the vest ... since the hood already has velcro attached. I'll try it out a few times before doing anything permanent.

You can do it either way. The free magic/velcro is on the "inside" of the hood. You can just fasten the velcro in front of your neck and it'll stay in place for quilt sleeping. Or you can fasten it to the applied velcro on any stand up collar, you just turn the hood inside out. I believe Smee said that he can push a No-Sniveler into the teens wearing a down vest with an attatched JRB Hood. JRB will send you instructions, I believe they are also at their site somewhere.

Scratch
08-25-2009, 22:03
You can do it either way. The free magic/velcro is on the "inside" of the hood. You can just fasten the velcro in front of your neck and it'll stay in place for quilt sleeping. Or you can fasten it to the applied velcro on any stand up collar, you just turn the hood inside out. I believe Smee said that he can push a No-Sniveler into the teens wearing a down vest with an attatched JRB Hood. JRB will send you instructions, I believe they are also at their site somewhere.

Thanks, T-a-K. I just checked out JRB's website and read the instructions. (Not something I normally do). Now, I'm even more impressed with the hood. However, I wish now I would have waited a week to buy it ... since it's on sale. :( Oh well, I'll consider the extra $10 bucks a contribution to keep good, USA quality coming to the hammock world.

Peter_pan
08-26-2009, 06:23

ALCON,

The collar mod attachment kit (will work on any stand up collar) is free.... So if you have a JRB Hood and get a new vest or sleep shirt send us a self addressed stamped large envelope and we will send you a kit to mod your new item.

Pan