PDA

View Full Version : The all Inclusive HammEck

PeppinDeVerze
12-14-2014, 14:28
I wanted to make a post about my wonderful experience with the Mecks. First I want to thank the community for the abundance of information found on this forum, which ultimately lead to my decision on the Hammeck.

When I had first heard about hammock camping I was very excited about the idea but when searching I found out they came in all different types, and all different prices. First think I needed to figure out was what Iwanted. I knew I was very interested in a bugnet, but I wanted it integrated with the hammock itself. Given I have no experience still with a separated bug net, it just seemed like a pain to me. After looking through quite a few different manufacturers such as Hennesy, Warbonnet, Dream, Hammock Bliss and pretty much anything I could find on the internet I narrowed it down to a few. I purchased The Ultimate Hang to learn a bit more about the experience as a whole and then I asked the community what they thought and that's when the Mecks contacted me. David answered over 15 emails stock full of questions. I cant thank him enough for his patience and knowledge. I also think it is the best bang for your buck. A custom built hammock that start at $50 and can found for less occasionally in the clearance section.

All in all I could not be happier with my HammEck. In fact I should of posted this months ago, but I recently moved from NY to VT and when while the weather was good all I did was lay out in my hammeck everyday. I seriously did not even connect my computer to the internet, and that is a big deal for someone who went to school for computer animation and game design.

Anyway for those of you who are new to hammock camping or anyone interesting in a new hammock, I seriously suggest at least contacting the Mecks. The whole family is amazing. I believe the product sells itself so please take a look at my Dual Layer, Two tone, Netty with Ridge line Organizer.

The Complete set up
If you choose to go two tone, they ask what color you would like to have for these triangles
Ridgeline organizer is the way to go if you ask me. The Netty comes with a pouch for the net, I usually throw my water bottle in there, and my phone and other stuff in the organizer.
Craftsmanship is outstanding

gunner76
12-14-2014, 15:16
The Mecks are really nice folks and make some excellent hammocks

Dochartaigh
12-14-2014, 15:22
Looks great! What material (and weight), and color is the inside?

Firesong
12-14-2014, 15:23
That's a sharp looking hammeck!

Pshaw
12-14-2014, 15:42
That look sweet! I like the triangles on the end

meckelangelo
12-18-2014, 13:09
Peter, thank you for sharing your review and the great pictures! Love it!

meckelangelo
12-18-2014, 13:09
The inside is 70D (1.9 oz) Blaze Orange, from ripstopbytheroll.com.

Big_Country
12-28-2014, 17:37
Thanks for the excellent review, lets me know what I am in store for. Love my breezy so much that I just placed an order for a Netty. You cant' beat the quality, and customer service.

Chips
01-10-2015, 23:01
I decided months ago that I wanted to purchase my next hammock from the Mechs. I have never seen a bad review on the Hammecks or their products. Please keep posting reviews for the small cottage vendors.

ericfine50
03-09-2015, 13:08
Can you use Under-Quilts with them?

CoreyR
03-09-2015, 13:29
+1 on the Mecks doing great work. I have been a fan for awhile. I have a Breezy and an Envy and I love them.

gunner76
03-09-2015, 20:21
Can you use Under-Quilts with them

Yes...I have been using a 7/8's UGQ on my EnvyS and Meckie uses a HG UQ on his.

Picture is from the Yates Place Hang this past weekend and is my UGQ.

I was so warm in my EnvyS, I had to keep opening the top cover to cool off during the night.

JacobAllison
03-17-2015, 20:04
Can you use Under-Quilts with them?

Sure! They'll easily mount to the continuous loop at the ends. Someone else can probably weigh in better on this but they'd probably do well with the Triangle Thingies from AHE.

Philsweep
03-17-2015, 20:17
I have a hammock Netty and it the most comfortable hammock I own.

billygoat
03-17-2015, 20:26
I just got my Netty and hung this past weekend. Absolutely fantastic craftsmanship, attention to details and customer service. I'll be ordering another for my son soon. Will post some pictures after I go out again this weekend.

meckelangelo
03-18-2015, 22:35
I just got my Netty and hung this past weekend. Absolutely fantastic craftsmanship, attention to details and customer service. I'll be ordering another for my son soon. Will post some pictures after I go out again this weekend.

Thank you! :) I'm very glad that you're enjoying it.

cataraftgirl
03-26-2015, 06:44
I bought a Netty from another HF member off the For Sale Forum. I got it yesterday and took it for a test hang in the backyard. Awesome hammock. I think I've found hammock nirvana. It's an 11 foot in the ACU Camo, so it's 64 wide which is what I like. I've resisted an integrated net hammock for years, and I've always gone with a 10 footer due to being only 5'5" tall. The length & width of this hammock is super comfy, and the net isn't bothersome to me at all. The hammock is about a year old and has been trail used, but looks pretty much new. Really well built piece of gear.