PDA

View Full Version : Sheltowee Trace Maps For Sale at Outragegis

Ewker
08-27-2009, 11:19
Outragegis.com has finally made a map that covers the southern section. It covers the first 150 miles. The cost is reasonable $ 14.00 plus if you enter the code "Sheltowee" you can get an extra 30% off. I ordered mine yesterday. It is a trail that I want to start backpacking more of.

If you own any of their maps you know how good they are.

http://www.outragegis.com/store/product.php?productid=3219769&cat=1&page=1

Coffee
08-27-2009, 14:25
I remember using those maps for RRG. The first time they got me crazy turned around. Great detail, but the scale it huge.

Doctari
08-27-2009, 16:28
I remember using those maps for RRG. The first time they got me crazy turned around. Great detail, but the scale it huge.

They are much better now, still crazy big scale, but much easier to follow than that set you had.
BTW: You, Steve & I stayed atop Pooches Turtle Falls on that winter campout. It was not named on your map.

headchange4u
08-27-2009, 20:19
The newer verisons of the OutrageGIS maps are super nice. Some of the best trail maps I have eve seen. Their newest version of the RRG maps is really awesome as it shows trails over a 3D terrain. And they finally decided to include the Indian Staircase area.

I will definitely be picking up a set of the Sheltowee maps.

Ewker,

I just noticed that this is a map for only 1/2 the trail, mile 0-150.

stormcrow
08-27-2009, 22:29
That northern terminus for the Sheltowee Trace trail is only a short drive from where we did the Shawnee state park hang. That is a great map and I think I have a new semi-local hiking destination! Have any of you guys hiked much of it?

Stormcrow

Ewker
08-27-2009, 23:33
I just noticed that this is a map for only 1/2 the trail, mile 0-150.

The northern section will be out sometime next yr I believe. I have only hiked the first 15.5 miles so I only have 134.5 miles to go.

My map should be here Fri or Sat.

scooterdogma
08-28-2009, 05:34
thanks ewker, i've been waiting on these maps. I have a friend who hikes the ST every weekend and he says they probably did the northern section last because of the trail. It is not well maintained and is hard to follow in spots. They may have been giving the maintainers another year to work on it.

rigidpsycho
08-28-2009, 18:47
I was just on part of the Sheltowee last weekend onmy first solo trip. The trail I was on ends upon the Sheltowee to complete the loop. So Ewker if you ever want to hit parts of the northern section let me know. we could go to Cave Run Lake and hike part of it.

Ewker
08-31-2009, 11:26
I was just on part of the Sheltowee last weekend onmy first solo trip. The trail I was on ends upon the Sheltowee to complete the loop. So Ewker if you ever want to hit parts of the northern section let me know. we could go to Cave Run Lake and hike part of it.

I saw your pics and trip report on that hike. Always good to get out. Yeah I would be interested in doing a section of it.
I am still waiting for the map....tick,tock,tick,tock

There is a section I want to do that makes a loop. You start at Yamacraw Bridge and follow the ST up to Yahoo Falls then take the Negro Creek and Yahoo Arch Trail back to the ST then back to the bridge