PDA

View Full Version : TX > Granger Lake, Feb 27-March 1

Rat
01-06-2015, 20:38
It's that time of the year again. The 15th annual Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt.

This is an extreme hunt, that means no food is allowed. Archery gear for hunting wild pigs and small game only. However, there is all kinds of fishing to be done. So, if you aren't a hunter you can still fish.

We do this at Granger Lake in Granger, Texas (just North of Taylor, Texas).

Officially it isn't a hammock hang per se, but last year we had as many hammocks as we had groundlings and this year I expect to surpass them with hammockers.

Last year was epic, we had plenty of hog meat and fish for a little over 50 people, so the food part is usually not a big deal. But it is an extreme hunt and there is the possibility of eating grubs and rotten pecans.

Fair warning, this isn't really a family event. Just imagine a bunch of bowhunting, fishing, hungry half drunk rednecks in the woods. If that sounds like a great weekend to you please come on out; if not, please stay home!

Either way I guarantee it will be a weekend you will not soon forget.

Last years thread from Texasbowhunter.com

GRXH 2014 the Epic Recap (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441726&highlight=grxh)

And this years thread: This is the planning thread and has all the pertinent details.

Inconceivable! The 2015 GRXH Thread. (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505282)

Like I said, more of an adult type gathering, or a Caveman type gathering, if you prefer a more personified descriptor. I don't want to make it sounds like a bunch of idiots though, we really aren't. We are very safety oriented with our archery gear, no drinking and hunting etc. But, after the hunt, it's on!

Plenty of trees!

No food...

humer91
01-06-2015, 22:02
Sounds like a lot of fun Rat, but i like bangs not twangs.

Rat
01-06-2015, 22:13
Plenty of bangs! Last year we lost a prop completely, broke one off at the hub, trashed a lower unit and put a hole in one boat! Plenty of bangs to go around.

Here's a shot of me and the crew towing out the boat with the lost prop.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zoTlB0ss01c/UwqX88DOjBI/AAAAAAAAGyI/Vl2dQKnL3dU/s800/20140223_100939.jpg

Tonykarter
01-06-2015, 23:15
Granger Lake. That is a pretty good crappie lake, isn't it? Crossbows allowed? Y'all sound like some sick *******s. I and my hunting/fishing buddy should fit right in.

sargevining
01-06-2015, 23:16
Just imagine a bunch of bowhunting, fishing, hungry half drunk rednecks in the woods.

So its like the Butt Bake with bows and no pot luck?

Rat
01-06-2015, 23:17
Yep, great crappie lake, and white bass too. Crossbow are allowed only if you can't medically shot a regular bow. They are allowed on the wma, but not at our hunt.

Tonykarter
01-06-2015, 23:37
Y'all have a good time. I'll be on Torpedo Bend crappie fishing with crappieforum.com that weekend at their group get-together at San Miguel. The last thing I shot with my Oneida was the bottom of my canoe. I now shoot a crossbow. Not a medical thing, an old age thing. After 50 and closer to 60 you can't hold at full draw for as long as you often need to. Everyone's after 50 day comes eventually...

hikehunter
01-15-2015, 03:32
I will be hiking the AT ....besides....I have not shot the recurve for almost a year.....maby we can talk at the McKinney Falls hang...