PDA

View Full Version : newbie from Frozen Tundra

Daisypetal
01-13-2015, 14:23
Hi Everyone!

Brand spanking new to hammock camping. I am SUPERDEE duper excited to learn more about hammock camping. Tracker 87 on here is my boyfriend who suggested we try hammock camping since we enjoy the outdoors.
Looking forward to getting gear together, planning our first trip and learning more from you all for our journey into hammock camping. :):)

mbiraman
01-13-2015, 18:11
Welcome to the forum Daisy

Tumbleweed
01-13-2015, 21:13
Welcome to one of the best websites on the net. Tons of interesting info here. Rosholt here...

Tacoma96
01-13-2015, 21:17
Welcome to the forums. You will find all the info you need here.

hanggirl
01-13-2015, 21:40
Welcome to HF. Now you start the fun of researching and purchasing your "perfect setup". Is there such a thing? I don't know as we all seem to keep buying and switching out gear choices. Have a blast!

goobie
01-13-2015, 21:51
Welcome from the South of Milwaukee :crying: beautiful country up where you're at! No better way to enjoy the outdoors than from our slightly elevated perches!! Enjoy the journey, lots to learn here and plenty of support for those minor setup issues.

Daisypetal
01-13-2015, 22:32
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. Nice to see some of you aren't too far away. I went looking at some gear today. Lots to think about there. Glad for this forum.

goobie
01-13-2015, 22:45
Where were you looking, and for what gear? Most hammock related gear is best purchased from one of the vendors here on the forum. Just a little friendly advice:D:D

Daisypetal
01-14-2015, 10:53
Where were you looking, and for what gear? Most hammock related gear is best purchased from one of the vendors here on the forum. Just a little friendly advice:D:D

Online searching and checked out a few local stores last carry outdoor items. I am now going to take your awesome friendly advice and look at vendors on here. Been working my way through the forum and hadn't noticed them. Such a blonde I can be. :lol: Thanks goobie! :)

Sardog1
01-17-2015, 14:22
Welcome to the forum Daisypetal!

My girlfriend and I are in the same research mode as you and Tracker 87. There is a wealth of great info from the friendly forum members here and the forum vendors seem to go out of their way to insure that you are happy with your purchase.

Keep us posted on what you and T87 purchase other than, or in addition to the ENO.

Dux
01-17-2015, 17:40
Hi howdy,

Great area, Mosinee. All kinds of great land for hunting, hiking, backpacking and camping.