PDA

View Full Version : SBP on sale @ Amazon

BryanS
01-16-2015, 15:08
Just in case anyone is in the market, I noticed that the skeeter beeter pro is on sale for $40

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AIFLX2

cricky101
01-16-2015, 15:20
Great price if anyone is in the market. CamelCamelCamel shows it as the lowest Amazon price ever for it.

locknload
01-16-2015, 16:42
Hard to beat this deal. I may get it for my 10 year old daughter as it has a net. Thanks for the heads up.

Chum!
01-16-2015, 20:55
Isn't that always the case...just bought one for $60 last week and I thought that was a deal...smh

cricky101
01-16-2015, 23:14
Isn't that always the case...just bought one for $60 last week and I thought that was a deal...smh
Did you pay with a credit card? My MasterCard gives me the difference if something is less expensive in 90 days of purchase. I just got a statement credit for $30 for a floor jack I bought from sears and they sold cheaper on Black Friday. I think discover card does something similar. Might be worth looking into if you used plastic. I've had probably $200 over the last couple years refunded through the service.

Chum!
01-16-2015, 23:19
I've never noticed it before, but I'll look into it. Thanks!

Brancher
01-17-2015, 05:34
Hey, question: Ive used several hammocks but never this one, and it looks like a STEAL! but it is 30 oz with all the gear included. Questions:
1. Has anybody every modded this to lighten it up? Like whoopies, amsteel, etc? And how much weight did you save?
2. Also I like ridgelines, and I'd make on for install (and trim that bug net). Are the ends channeled or knotted? (for continuous loops, tie-on for FRL, etc)

Lastly, anybody know a final weight in a modded state? Thanks!

For comparison purposes, my current bugnet dl hammock is about 22 oz. If I could lose 8-10 oz it may be worth it to me

Wkerber
01-17-2015, 06:28
I took the stock suspension off of one and put on whoopies. I comes in right at 23 oz. Might be able to save another oz or 2, if you remove the sewn on stuff sack and replace with a sack out of 1.1 ripstop or sil. I don't think you'll get it much lighter than that.

Brancher
01-17-2015, 06:57
Thanks! I think it's is a good deal at that price, since my non-bugnet hammock is about 17 oz and adding a bugnet to that adds about another 7-8 oz or so. And definitely get rid of the stuff sack.

Cool. I have a set of whoopies lying around I don't know what to do with anyway!

Thx again.

locknload
01-17-2015, 07:04
I bought one last night and plan to swap out the suspension as well.

Chum!
01-17-2015, 08:40
Is the only reason to swap suspension to cut weight? I've been reading about people doing this but can' figure out how it would benefit me other than cutting weight, which isn't really a big deal to me right now. I did buy a set of ENO Atlas straps to pair with this hammock, but mainly to protect the trees...

runningwithscissors22
01-17-2015, 08:43
On Amazon, they are running a special on top of this:

Spend $50 on Qualifying product (these qualify) get 10% off
Spend $75 on Qualifying product get 15% off
Spend $100 on Qualifying product get 20% off

Savings automatically added to your cart. Both the hammocks and the straps qualify for the discount.

Chum!
01-17-2015, 09:16
Did you pay with a credit card? My MasterCard gives me the difference if something is less expensive in 90 days of purchase. I just got a statement credit for $30 for a floor jack I bought from sears and they sold cheaper on Black Friday. I think discover card does something similar. Might be worth looking into if you used plastic. I've had probably $200 over the last couple years refunded through the service.

Awesome! cricky101...you ROCK! I messaged Amazon this morning...here's their reply:

"Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on the "Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Hammock". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

Since the price of the item has changed within seven days of the delivery of the original order, I've issued a refund for the price difference in the amount of $24.00 ($63.99 - $39.99) . You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days. We can only honor one price drop per item."

Can't beat that with a stick...Thanks again!

drifter
01-17-2015, 14:04
Just ordered me another one, thanks for the info.

JCinPA
01-17-2015, 14:47
Dang, I just bought a Grand Trunk Double as my first hammock, but snapped this one up,too. Will let my son use one. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm not a weight fiend but for those of you who are, if you put amsteel loops in the ends of the hammock and swapped out the steel biners for aluminum climbing biners you might save 6-8 oz. Based on what I found on the GT Double. If you lost the rope and the biners and just threaded a whoopie sling through the end channel you'd save a few more ounces.

Katdaddy
01-18-2015, 17:48
I had to buy one at this price. My first hammock. I'm sure I'll be here a lot in the near future to see what I can see.

Chum!
01-18-2015, 18:30
I had to buy one at this price. My first hammock. I'm sure I'll be here a lot in the near future to see what I can see.

Right on...looks like we'll be learning together!

jason.williams.931
01-18-2015, 20:43
The sale is over.

I grabbed one earlier this morning before the sale ended. Thanks for the heads up.

BittyGoat
01-19-2015, 20:28
The sale is over.

I grabbed one earlier this morning before the sale ended. Thanks for the heads up.

The sale is not over. Still going on tonight. Get em while they last.

jason.williams.931
01-19-2015, 20:30
The sale is not over. Still going on tonight. Get em while they last.

Thanks for the update. I had wanted to send this to a few friends, but it was not showing the sale price last night when I checked it.

Tacoma96
01-19-2015, 20:37
Bought one for my son awhile ago, but ordered the Grand Trunk Suspension also