PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a Dream hammock thunderbird?

CAMay
01-26-2015, 19:09
I was curious to hear what you think of it compared to other hammocks like the Hennessy, etc. I am 5' 10", 200 lbs. I currently use the explorer from hennesy but would like an over cover for cold weather camping.

Kiwii
01-26-2015, 19:15
They are extremely popular, try posting or reading in the dedicated Dream Hammock section: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php/109-Dream-Hammock

mrjaw14
01-26-2015, 20:15
I own one. Great hammock. Friend has a hennessy, but I've never laid in it. Dream hammock will let you customize it and really make it yours.

Turk3
01-26-2015, 20:25
I have had BB, Hennessy Explorer Deluxe, ENO and Dangerbird...I own two Dangerbirids. I'm 5'10" 225 lbs. The over cover is worth it in colder weather and to me makes a big difference. Give Papa Smurf a call AKA Randy Smurf at Dream Hammocks. Randy is great to deal with ...I have actually bought 5 Danderbird Hammocks for my group trips and have had nothing but great experiences. There are a lot of great Hammocks out there and it is always helpful to try some out if you can. Good luck and hope this helps!
Turk3

krshome
01-27-2015, 19:02
I have a Thunderbird! I have owned almost every brand hammock made at some point but never a Hennessy:confused:. Thunderbird has been my favorite of all of them so far. It is an all-round hammock with the over cover or the net. I have other Dream Hammocks and they are all made very well. being able to pick the fabric is very nice too.

jnelson871
01-27-2015, 19:20
I have one of the now discontinued Darien UL models. It is by far the most comfortable hammock for me. I also own a WBBB 1.7 and sold a Hennessy UL. This is one well made hammock with a great set of features that can still mostly be found on their Darien model.

Your mileage may very!

Taozenqi
01-27-2015, 19:36
+1 on the quality and comfort of the Dangerbird. Randy is very service oriented and easy to work with on your individual selections. The overcover does add warmth here in the Mtns and the black overcover helps block out moonlight and enhances sleeping soundly for me.

Cali
01-27-2015, 21:20
I hsf a Dangerbird that was awesome, then got the Thunderbird and it is awesome. I checked out the Nighthawk (I think) at a hang and it is sweeett.

Turk3
01-27-2015, 21:38
Coldest I have gone is 25 degrees ....