PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 HyperD has NEW colors

ripstopbytheroll
02-15-2015, 17:55
Excited to announce that with our latest production run we now carry a total of 16 colors in 1.0 HyperD diamond ripstop. All 16 of these colors are now available in either calendered/downproof finish for quilts or uncalendered finish for hammocks. We've lacked a good selection of earthtone colors in the 1.0 HyperD, so the bulk of these new colors are shades of brown, green, and black. New colors include: Khaki, Olive Brown, Olive Drab (uncalendered), Dark Olive, Charcoal Gray (uncalendered), Hunter Green, Coyote Brown, and Pure White.

1.0 HyperD - http://ripstopbytheroll.com/collections/1-0-oz-hyperd-ripstop-nylon

I want to say that expansion of this line is due in large part to vendor adoption of the HyperD material. Without vendor buy-in, funding this many color options just wouldn't be possible. In the near future you will begin to see high-end finished gear with matching material and colors from different vendors who may specialize in totally different things. This is pretty sweet as it gives you the freedom to mix and match gear from vendors using HyperD and have a matching setup :cool:. On the flip side, if you're looking to DIY, you will have full access to the same vendor quality HyperD material. You could be doing a full-on hammock/quilt build or accessorizing your finished vendor gear. Either way, this is just the start of what I hope is a lot of cool options opening up for the community this year.

As a side note, I've consolidated all the uncalendered/calendered 1.0 HyperD fabrics into one product per color to get things organized. There's a drop-down menu at the top that will allow you to select which finish you want for your project when ordering. As always...

Thank You

boulderv7
02-15-2015, 18:26
Awesome...I have a project in planning that requires white 1.0oz downproof fabric. Super psyched about this. Keep up the great work Kyle!

WaffleBox
02-15-2015, 19:41
[Insert obligatory request for you-know-which color here]

Gresh
02-15-2015, 20:09
What's the estimated weight rating on 1.0 HyperD? I remember the 1.6 having NO problem in a single layer holding me up.

ripstopbytheroll
02-15-2015, 20:24
What's the estimated weight rating on 1.0 HyperD? I remember the 1.6 having NO problem in a single layer holding me up.

I would put a comfort rating (strength and stretch considered) of 200-225 on a single layer.

ripstopbytheroll
02-15-2015, 21:44
[Insert obligatory request for you-know-which color here]

I have no idea what you are talking about.

WaffleBox
02-15-2015, 21:49
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Olive yellow bro :)

ripstopbytheroll
02-15-2015, 21:59
I also wanted to mention that we've been making incremental improvements in the finishing process for the downproof version of 1.0 HyperD since it's launch last summer. We're now doing some unique things that have improved the hand feel/softness as well the downproof rating.

I know the technical aspects of fabric aren't for everyone, so I'll stop there :). But to summarize - your HyperD quilt will be softer and hold more down.

hutzelbein
02-16-2015, 06:15
Three olive colored choices! Oh my, I guess I have to place another order...

Are you planning to bring out HyperD in navy some time in the future? That's no criticism - I'm just curious.

heycorb
02-17-2015, 12:55
Grunge plaid

ripstopbytheroll
03-02-2015, 14:37
Grunge plaid

If I ever find any plaid, I promise you will be the first to know.

heycorb
03-02-2015, 14:41
lol. gotta keep the hope alive.