PDA

View Full Version : Battle between two hammocks

Cave Man
02-21-2015, 20:31
I am a tent or tarp guy ,but I am getting off the ground .I need help between the Envy-S and the XLC .

Please help with with the pros and cons
Thank You

SirMarkos
02-21-2015, 20:47
Never used either of them, but the quality coming out of the Hammecks - I'd buy the Envy-S right now if I were in the market for a new rig.

Cave Man
02-21-2015, 20:58
Yea I like the cover with net where your head will be, sleeping ,you can see and less wetness on the in side.

sonofthebearded
02-21-2015, 21:23
The envy-s looks like a neat design. I've never tried one, though. I can only say great things about Warbonnet and their quality. I doubt you could go wrong any way you choose, though.

The Tree Frog
02-21-2015, 22:16
I have the Envy. The S looks like some nice updates. I like mine, but also have the Blackbird, not an XLC. But I can say I like using the shelf and the footbox helps get comfortable.

Both have the top cover and netting available. Both come in 11 foot. Compare price and decide on shelf. Then pull the trigger!

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 09:38
I have the Envy. The S looks like some nice updates. I like mine, but also have the Blackbird, not an XLC. But I can say I like using the shelf and the footbox helps get comfortable.

Both have the top cover and netting available. Both come in 11 foot. Compare price and decide on shelf. Then pull the trigger!

Thanks all : Frog the shelf in the XLC comes with right ,but the shelf's in envy you have to pay right ?

Shug
02-22-2015, 10:31
I have found my XLC to be really comfortable and the view with bug-net is much improved. Plus the net is removable.....
Getting ready to do a video review of it.
Shug

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3894/15146467390_9ff1e91df6_z.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2943/15146469840_da52b37eb0_z.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2943/15160332038_eed5d60435_z.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3854/15160379957_10400d1ff2_z.jpg

billygoat
02-22-2015, 11:11
Is the shelf in the WB any use with the netting removed?

Shug
02-22-2015, 11:19
Is the shelf in the WB any use with the netting removed?

When you remove the bug netting the shelf and footbox are gone.
Shug

CorrosiveCookie
02-22-2015, 12:43
I am a tent or tarp guy ,but I am getting off the ground .I need help between the Envy-S and the XLC .

Please help with with the pros and cons
Thank You

Have you looked at Dream hammock, ShellHammocks, Grand trunk, or eno?

Philsweep
02-22-2015, 12:54
I have both a Hammeck and a Warbonnet, although not the models you are looking at. You can't go wrong dealing with either of these two vendors, they both make quality products and provide great customer service.

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 13:24
Have you looked at Dream hammock, ShellHammocks, Grand trunk, or eno?

Dream hammock I have looked at it and think it is great also .I did not want to have to put three into the mix .That hammock has the net vent at each end i believe .

The E-S has the cover with the large net vent and I would guess that people love it or hate it and I am trying to get a heads up .

Thanks

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 13:26
I have both a Hammeck and a Warbonnet, although not the models you are looking at. You can't go wrong dealing with either of these two vendors, they both make quality products and provide great customer service.

Agreed thank you..

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 13:28
I have found my XLC to be really comfortable and the view with bug-net is much improved. Plus the net is removable.....
Getting ready to do a video review of it.
Shug

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3894/15146467390_9ff1e91df6_z.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2943/15146469840_da52b37eb0_z.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2943/15160332038_eed5d60435_z.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3854/15160379957_10400d1ff2_z.jpg

Great pic Shug and info .

Many Thanks

punkisdead
02-22-2015, 13:28
I'm very happy with my XLC. The Envy-S looks interesting though. Looks kind of like my HH Explorer, but with a cooler bug net / over cover.

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 13:48
I'm very happy with my XLC. The Envy-S looks interesting though. Looks kind of like my HH Explorer, but with a cooler bug net / over cover.

I agree, The vent in the E-S could be a big advantage in condensation in the morning . I know even in the summer in the mountains on the East coast temp will drop to 40* often so the cover with the large vent my be a good or better option. I have not found anyone that has that model. Thanks

punkisdead
02-22-2015, 14:04
I will say that I like the lay of the XLC better than my HH. Why not order both and try them both out. ;)

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 14:09
I will say that I like the lay of the XLC better than my HH. Why not order both and try them both out. ;)

I did not know you could do that . It was my understanding that it was a special order and there would be no returns ?

punkisdead
02-22-2015, 14:18
I did not know you could do that . It was my understanding that it was a special order and there would be no returns ?

Who said anything about returns. ;)

Not sure about the Envy-S, but seems like every time I see a WBBB in the for sale forum they sell rather quickly for only slightly less than brand new. Chances are good that if you need to you could offload one or the other fairly quickly and only be out a little money. If you have the chance, your best bet would be to find someone who has either or both of them to try out before you buy.

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 14:30
Who said anything about returns. ;)

Not sure about the Envy-S, but seems like every time I see a WBBB in the for sale forum they sell rather quickly for only slightly less than brand new. Chances are good that if you need to you could offload one or the other fairly quickly and only be out a little money. If you have the chance, your best bet would be to find someone who has either or both of them to try out before you buy.

Ahh got ya , may have too it is the best way i am sure. There is one more thing I am sure of I will have two hammocks cos no way one goes back. Thanks again

punkisdead
02-22-2015, 14:39
Ahh got ya , may have too it is the best way i am sure. There is one more thing I am sure of I will have two hammocks cos no way one goes back. Thanks again

So very true. I went through a similar process starting with the HH, then ordering the XLC. It's unlikely I'll part with either. Now I have a spare to use as a loaner for friends and hopefully introduce others into the bliss that is hammock camping.

Squirrel
02-22-2015, 15:20
Caveman. Trying to PM you but your messages are full. Coukd you please send me your email address

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 16:42
So very true. I went through a similar process starting with the HH, then ordering the XLC. It's unlikely I'll part with either. Now I have a spare to use as a loaner for friends and hopefully introduce others into the bliss that is hammock camping.

I agree it may go down that way ,but trying to find someone with the E-S with two covers that uses the two of them.
Thanks again ,great help here.

gunner76
02-22-2015, 17:30
trying to find someone with the E-S

You could check with Hammeck and see if they have sold any to someone in your area. Or drive over to see them and try out a Envy S. The Mecks are very nice folks.

I do not have the XLC but I do have a BB 1.1 and a 1.7 double and find both to be very comfortable. Love that footbox and storage shelf.

Hammeck just released ( started production ) the Envy S a couple of weeks ago and I have one of if not the first one. Got a double layer 11 ft ACU Camo. I have spent a couple of nights in it so far and find it to be very comfortable. Used it the other night during our version of the Polar Blast and found the top cover did a great job of blocking the wind. I do miss the BB shelf so I have a added a ridge line organizer. The quality of the construction is excellent. I have yet to find a loose thread anywhere. Even with the Peekaboo top cover zipped up I still I have lots of room in it and the top cover is not flopping around in my face.

If you can afford it, get both hammocks and sell the one you do not want or keep it as a backup.

Cave Man
02-22-2015, 18:20
[COLOR=#333333]

You could check with Hammeck and see if they have sold any to someone in your area. Or drive over to see them and try out a Envy S. The Mecks are very nice folks.

I do not have the XLC but I do have a BB 1.1 and a 1.7 double and find both to be very comfortable. Love that footbox and storage shelf.

Hammeck just released ( started production ) the Envy S a couple of weeks ago and I have one of if not the first one. Got a double layer 11 ft ACU Camo. I have spent a couple of nights in it so far and find it to be very comfortable. Used it the other night during our version of the Polar Blast and found the top cover did a great job of blocking the wind. I do miss the BB shelf so I have a added a ridge line organizer. The quality of the construction is excellent. I have yet to find a loose thread anywhere. Even with the Peekaboo top cover zipped up I still I have lots of room in it and the top cover is not flopping around in my face.

If you can afford it, get both hammocks and sell the one you do not want or keep it as a backup.

Did not know that it is so new ,when I called they did offer to let me come and try one .It looks like E-S first then XLC and like you and others said try to sell one off .

I thank you

The Tree Frog
02-22-2015, 18:46
PS. Only Warbonnet offers the shelf. It comes standard on the Blackbird and XLC.

Cave Man
02-23-2015, 21:00
The XLC won the battle ...

Thanks all . . .

The Tree Frog
02-23-2015, 21:05
Congrats. Next hang I want to try it out for a few minutes. Short test drive!

punkisdead
02-23-2015, 21:21
The XLC won the battle ...

Thanks all . . .

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cave Man
02-24-2015, 16:41
Congrats. Next hang I want to try it out for a few minutes. Short test drive!

Yes anytime Frog .

Cave Man
02-24-2015, 16:42
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sounds good , Getting to old to be on that hard ground.

Thank you

cougarmeat
02-25-2015, 15:22
Now you've done it. Now I have to start budgeting to add an Envoy-S to my .... collection :)

Cave Man
02-26-2015, 14:03
I purposely did not get the winter top on the XLC .

1st. Because I do like to see when I wake, also all the little noises you hear that are a mile" away, but you think that they are next" to you.
Next I don't like the condensation that would build up on my tents let alone that cover a foot and a half from my face.
Lastly I have a excuse to get the Envy-S cos of the zip open area over your head . " just sayin "