PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews of Shamu and / or Topquilt with Climashield? - Comparing to other Synthetics

CubmasterTony
03-16-2015, 08:04
I'm looking at a Synthetic UQ/TQ combo, and right now, Molly Mac seems to be very close to the most affordable, and definitely the lightest of the options out there.

I'm looking at Arrowhead, Enlightened and DD as well. Everything to 30 degrees at least, full underquilts and top quilts. I'd be getting the molly mac version with Climashield.

My Comparison Chart -

Manufacturer - Total Weight - Total Cost
Arrowhead 55oz $368
DD Hammocks 65oz $184
Enlightened 52oz $340
Molly Mac 35oz $260

Cost Wise, Molly max is second Best out of the 4, and weight wise it is significantly better than any, Especially lighter than the Cheapest from DD.

Anyone have any idea how well the Molly Mac UQ/TQ compress, or how well they do at freezing temps?

ShooTa
03-16-2015, 08:18
dont forget DD has shipping involved too.

CubmasterTony
03-16-2015, 09:27
Good point. Need to figure that out for all of them i suppose.

MacEntyre
03-16-2015, 20:22
Anyone have any idea how well the Molly Mac UQ/TQ compress, or how well they do at freezing temps?
Mountain Goat and I (she's formerly Thing1) have no trouble using them to freezing. We are both warm sleepers. If you supplement, you can go much lower, of course.

The Climashield MMG Top Blanket compresses to about a liter and a half. The Climashield Baby Orca is about the same, or a bit smaller. The Climashield Shamu is a little more than a liter and a half.

I'll know how well the MMG Climashield Insulated Hammock Sock compresses, and how much it weighs, in a couple of days. We've finalized the construction details and will make one for a customer this week.

MacEntyre
03-19-2015, 21:19
The MMG Hamock Sock with POD Option (insulated sock) looks just like any other sock, but weighs 32 oz and packs to a little over a gallon.