PDA

View Full Version : MMG Hammock Sock with POD option (insulated sock)

MacEntyre
03-19-2015, 21:25
My pictures did not turn out well... it was already shipped to a customer, so I could not get more. I'll post a video when I get another one made.

The sock looks like any other sock. Everything but the SEEP, or top, is insulated with ~1/2" Apex Climashield, which should take you to about 30*F. It weighs 32 oz. and packs to a little over a gallon.

The customer who ordered the POD option will use it in conjunction with a MMG Shamu and Top Blanket, both made with Climashield. The three pieces together should take him down to pretty cold temps... below 20*F, I should think.

altruistguy
02-18-2016, 10:50
Am wondering if anybody who's actually used this interesting setup could comment on experiences therewith?

MacEntyre
02-18-2016, 20:09
The original Molly Mac Gear Hammock Sock with SEEP was an insulated sock... I've used them a lot. However, I do not prefer them. I like to keep the sock separate from the insulation. The only problem I see is that you have insulation in places that you don't need it, but that's the case with a PeaPod as well.

Time to Hang
06-17-2016, 20:13
Am wondering if anybody who's actually used this interesting setup could comment on experiences therewith?

Here ya go!
https://hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/126342-MMG-Insulated-Sock