PDA

View Full Version : Darien Dream Hammock???

MichHiker1
03-29-2015, 13:34
I have a HH A-Sym Expedition. It is only 1 season old. I am thinking about buying a Darien model Dream Hammock and selling the HH. If I get the Darien, in the 1.0 Ripstop with cinch buckle suspension, I will save almost 2 pounds of weith from my current HH with Python Straps setup. If I keep the HH, I plan on swaping out the suspension and Python straps with the cinch buckle system at Dutchware, which will cost me about $30.00

The Darien model, with cinch buckles will cost under $150.00 the way I plan to have it designed.

I am about 5'6" and 155lbs.

Does anyone have any experience with the Darien model, or Dream Hammocks in general?

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, tips, etc is appreciated.

pnyberg
03-29-2015, 14:17
I have a 1.1 single layer Roaming Gnome I used last year. I had no problems and have no complaints.

I thought Randy stopped offering single layer hammocks with fabrics lighter than 1.7, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Here's a review of the Darien from Syntax77:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgyQZy4X_TM

--Peter

PapaSmurf
03-29-2015, 15:15
The only fabrics we currently aren't using for single layer hammocks is the 1.0 & 1.1 regular ripstops. Instead, we are using the 1.0oz HyperD diamond ripstop for our lightest hammocks. We use lots of the 1.6oz HyperD fabric.

krshome
03-30-2015, 14:31
I have a 1.6 ACU pattern Darien UL that is now just a modded Darien. I like it a lot it is my summer hammock. I also have a Thunderbird for the rest of the year. Papa makes a really nice hammock, you will never look back at the HH.

justicehaze
04-04-2015, 13:31
I would absolutely go with the Darien. I originally got the HH Asym zip and after lots of research I went with the Roaming Gnome in 1.6 HyperD from Dream Hammocks. Great purchase! You will not be disappointed with your hammock.