PDA

View Full Version : New Hanger

Rook
09-20-2009, 00:55
Well, I'm getting my first hammock soon. Found an HH Explorer Ultralight on BPL with the larger Hex rain fly. I'm looking for any suggestions on use or setup regarding the HH.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

te-wa
09-20-2009, 01:06
Preskitt?
thats some prime country there..
i think you should immediatly get the zipper mod, and then get some polypro straps and then i'll send you some rings for free.

welcome to luxury, my friend.

Rook
09-20-2009, 01:14
Yep, Prescott, AZ... I'm part of Arizona Backpacking Club and if you check your email, you probably will have an email from Kris.

I am able to get some Slap Strap Pro Micros from my local outfitter. Heading over this week to get them to go with my new HH. Where do I get the zipper mod done?

te-wa
09-20-2009, 01:26
www.2qzqhammockhanger.com
different mods to choose from i like the one-side full length (2 way seperating) #3 mod.
i like the mod to the foot side that way you can leave the head side tie-out staked, keeping the mesh off your face. the foot side doesnt really have to be staked out, since every time you enter the hammock via zipper the stake would pull out. at least, thats what would happen to me

also, the te-wa underquilt youre about to buy will have a small hook to attach the uq to the head-side tieout and it helps keep the uq in place :)

attroll
09-20-2009, 01:27
You can get the zipper mod done here.
www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/ (http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/)

Rook
09-20-2009, 01:38
Thanks for the tips so far. Great heads up.

As for the te-wa uq, that might take a little financial haggling with my wife, Kris...lol

Ekul
09-20-2009, 10:15
Grats. I have a ULBP with zippermod 2 and love it! 2QZQ will treat ya right!. (it didnt take me long to get tired of crawling thru the birth canal)

I immediately replaced the rope stock HH suspension with ring buckles and webbing. Set up time is under 2mins. I ditched the stock tarp second and bought a used MacCat Standard. Quilts came next and wow what a difference.

Happy Hanging

Rook
09-21-2009, 09:09
Where can I get the ring buckle and webbing setup? Is that like what comes with the Blackbird hammocks?

Hooch
09-21-2009, 09:36
I am able to get some Slap Strap Pro Micros from my local outfitter.......Nooooo.......avoid any and all ENO Slap strap products like the plague! They're all made from nylon and stretch like crazy. You're much better off getting something like polyester or polypro webbing and doing ring buckles or cinch buckles. There's also the option of getting some amsteel and making whoopie slings. In short, do yourself a favor and avoid the Slap Straps.

te-wa
09-21-2009, 12:01
i agree, nylon is no-no.
you'll be ok about 12' per side (even tho you may never use that much) of some good webbing like this stuff from Strapworks (http://www.strapworks.com/Heavyweight_Polypropylene_p/hwp1.htm)
i'll give you some rings
in the meantime, send it in for mod #3

Rook
09-21-2009, 13:16
Thanks for the tip against nylon straps.

I'm looking to just get the adjustable straps and buckle/rings setup from Brandon over at Warbonnet since it's already set up. Will his adjustable straps work with the Hennessy?

Cannibal
09-21-2009, 13:21
I'm looking to just get the adjustable straps and buckle/rings setup from Brandon over at Warbonnet since it's already set up. Will his adjustable straps work with the Hennessy?
Yep, got them on at least two of my Hennessys. :shades:

Rook
09-30-2009, 22:03
The plan is to use carabiners on the BB tree suspension straps to make it easier to clip them around the tree. Then on the hammock, I'm going to cut the cord shorter and attach carabiners. With this I will simply attach the tree straps to both trees and then quickly clip the hammock to the tree straps.