PDA

View Full Version : Finally Bit the XLC Bullet

mab0852
04-06-2015, 09:56
Well, I've put it off as long as I'm able. I couldn't endure another season without a net, so I finally bought a BB XLC with top cover. I went multicam and paired it up with a UGQ Winter Dream also in multicam. That of course meant all new Dutch bling. And now the wait begins... It's going to be fun slipping it into the man cave unnoticed. Maybe I can put it where my wallet used to be!

Larry
04-06-2015, 10:03
Congrats! I did the same thing two months ago. My wife did too. We have them up in the basement just pretending it's Spring. The XLC is really comfy. I did a lot of research on HF and am glad I did. Lots of good information here. Better that a college education.

mrh_on
04-06-2015, 10:07
Congrats! You've made a wise choice hehe

GreatBigDave
04-06-2015, 13:34
W00t! Love mine, I hope you love yours too.

cjayflo
04-06-2015, 16:39
Its a big ol hammock for sure. I do enjoy the shelf and the views are great. I'm glad he came out with this upgrade to the WBBB.

L0rdnic0
04-07-2015, 01:12
I just got mine last Thursday and managed to get my first night sleep in it on Friday in the back yard. It's roomy, very comfortable and I can't wait to get it out on the trail. I would say hope you like it when you get it, but you and I both know your gonna love it.

Ridge_Dog
04-08-2015, 10:09
I love mine. Slept great in it last weekend.

mrh_on
04-08-2015, 12:29
You know, having recently gotten my own XLC, it has been bothering me seeing people use that phrase..."Bite the bullet"

To quote Wikipedia:
To "bite the bullet" is to endure a painful or otherwise unpleasant situation that is seen as unavoidable. That's how I've always used that phrase...in a totally negative meaning.

Therefore, since Warbonnet makes some of the most comfortable and pleasant to spend time in hammocks, I don't think any of us should have described the process of obtaining a Blackbird as having to bite the bullet.

The only unpleasant part of the whole thing was the explaining of why the cost is justified to the 'boss'.

So can we please start saying something like "I've just joined many others on the dreamy cloud that is sleeping in a WB BB XLC" :)

mab0852
04-08-2015, 17:15
Ok. I'm newly resident to cloud XLC. Better?

ckmaui
04-08-2015, 17:57
to the OP I totally got what you meant :) you bit the bullet (hated paying) but knew it was going to be worth it

I have always thought of it as you are doing whats best even though there is some part you do not like about it

never as a negative more as as OK I will take the pain to get the gain kinda thing

but I have a positive outlook on things

and googled a few other places that are kinda like a positive you have to do with a negative price

post up a follow up if you have any issues and how you get them resolved :) got to bit the bullet on one of these myself soon just so I know and the dream hammock and a netty and well yes I have a problem :) hahahahahahaha

You know, having recently gotten my own XLC, it has been bothering me seeing people use that phrase..."Bite the bullet"

To quote Wikipedia:
To "bite the bullet" is to endure a painful or otherwise unpleasant situation that is seen as unavoidable. That's how I've always used that phrase...in a totally negative meaning.

Therefore, since Warbonnet makes some of the most comfortable and pleasant to spent time in hammocks, I don't think any of us should have described the process of obtaining a Blackbird as having to bite the bullet.

The only unpleasant part of the whole thing was the explaining of why the cost is justified to the 'boss'.

So can we please start saying something like "I've just joined many others on the dreamy cloud that is sleeping in a WB BB XLC" :)

mrh_on
04-08-2015, 20:15
Ok. I'm newly resident to cloud XLC. Better?

Haha much better...I like that. And you will too!

mab0852
04-09-2015, 15:38
I got you, my sarcasm didn't translate well in print. These things have been fairly well wrung out so I don't expect to find anything that's not already been discussed ad nauseam...or noseeum in this case.

cjayflo
04-10-2015, 16:00
I think the biting the bullet part refers to writing the check.

Unmighty
04-10-2015, 16:39
You can't go wrong with a UGQ quilt!

SaltyCajunHanger
04-13-2015, 14:50
I'm hoping to join the XLC club myself!

NYmark
05-13-2015, 17:32
just joined the XLC cloud club myself.. last week. already spent 3 night in it...

mmorton
05-13-2015, 21:09
i got mine a week ago along with a superfly and they are both awesome!!! i did a ton of research here too before i pulled the trigger and im glad I did.

chrislrob
05-13-2015, 21:12
Mine came in the mail yesterday! I dare not open it, I'll be trying to hang it somewhere in my apartment! WBBB XL 1.7 DL.

JEF989
05-14-2015, 13:05
After all that bullet bighting it's time to go make some wonderfull memories with your new hammock. The hardest thing for me is keeping the kids and grandkids off so I can get some use out of my xlc. My 5 year old Grandson thinks it's the greatist thing around. He can set it up by himself. That would make a good video. 5 Year old setting up a warbonnet xlc