PDA

View Full Version : Yukon Outfitters on Woot.com today

sjlawrence
04-07-2015, 07:47
If you're looking for a spare or backyard hammock, Yukon Outfitters is on woot.com today. Good deals for these. I enjoy my double to relax in after a long day. They also have a rain fly listed too.

http://www.woot.com/plus/yukon-outfitters-hammocks-12

backpacker
04-07-2015, 07:48
I saw that on Woot today and it is very tempting to purchase it.

Briguy114
04-07-2015, 08:43
Ive been waiting for the rainfly to pop up on there. Now I'll have a full setup to loan my brother

novasquid
04-07-2015, 09:15
it's funny the woot page says it's functional out of the box, but doesn't include any straps or way to hang the hammock. i'm tempted to get this to hang on my deck year-round. but with tax and shipping, the hammock/bugnet combo comes out to $31. i guess it's a decent deal?

brianb
04-07-2015, 09:36
I bought another one of the tarps. They're useful for when friends and family want to come out with you. They're a little heavier than if you had the same tarp out of Sil, but the size isn't bad and you're not likely to take out first timers during expected bad weather.

dtp2c111
04-07-2015, 10:04
Thanks. do you think the Hammock w Mosquito net can be rigged with a single ridge line instead of all those other lines? seems like a good deal on a loaner.

sjlawrence
04-07-2015, 10:06
Thanks. do you think the Hammock w Mosquito net can be rigged with a single ridge line instead of all those other lines? seems like a good deal on a loaner.

I'm not sure. I don't have that one, just the double hammock.

soul embrace
04-07-2015, 11:15

A friend as the hammock and if you are talking about the line holding up the net then it's one countinous line that holds both sides up. The line is, I believe, is made out of shock cord.

PaPaZeus
04-07-2015, 13:00
Just put in for a double and 2 tarps.. Thinking bout grabbing one of the netted ones too....

Led Boots
04-07-2015, 13:50
Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for them to come up on there.

I grabbed a netted one for the wife to try out, and two tarps. If she doesn't like it, I'll give it to my nephew.

cjayflo
04-07-2015, 14:12
Birthday presents for my little kids! $40 bucks to get them into a hammock is a no brainer.

RedBadger
04-07-2015, 14:24
I have 3 Yukon hammocks and just bought one of the rainflys.

I hear people talking on other forums and this one as if they are "second rate" hammocks and only good a back up or to let a friend use. I use my yukon all the time and has held up as good and is as comfortable as any hammock from any other company.

IMO they are just fine as a main hanging system if you are wondering.

Great deals from Woot.

BrockLeigh
04-07-2015, 18:37

dtp2c111 Check out these two links on how I rigged my ridge line. I just set up my sons hammock the same way and plan to do it again for my brand new BLUE Yukon when it arrives. Works perfect.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/87953-Yukon-With-Bugnet-Whoopie-Ridgeline-Modification

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/96527-Adding-a-RL-to-a-Yukon-Mosquito-hammock?p=1295297#post1295297

dink712
04-07-2015, 19:16
Thanks...just ordered a tarp for the grand-daughter, the grandson already has a camo one :)

brianb
04-09-2015, 14:42
If you bought a tarp try this:

Quick mod for the tarp if any of you pick one up. Takes about 10-15 min.

Moved this to the DIY section

Yukon Outfitters Tarp - quick mod https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108452

Briguy114
04-09-2015, 19:17
Got my tarp today. Super fast shipping since I only ordered it the other day. I think I might like it better than my kelty noahs 12 for summer. Its very easy to get a taught pitch

corbinstl
04-10-2015, 08:24
it's funny the woot page says it's functional out of the box, but doesn't include any straps or way to hang the hammock. i'm tempted to get this to hang on my deck year-round. but with tax and shipping, the hammock/bugnet combo comes out to $31. i guess it's a decent deal?Ordered this when I saw it. I am brand new to hammocks. Normally a tent guy. Very excited to try this out. I missed that it didn't have straps, I saw functional out of the box. I don't even know what I don't know yet :) Can't wait to try it out next weekend.

fishbait
04-10-2015, 15:01
If you ever wondered how the Yukon Hammock performs in a weight test, Just have a frightened 40 lbs Australian Shepard land on your chest when your sleeping in your hammock. We had a minor thunder storm last night, but it was enough to send the pup into the hammock with me yet again. That's 205 lbs of me and 40 lbs of shaking dog. Of course he vacates the hammock once I start snoring.

Briguy114
04-10-2015, 16:56
Took a nap outside in a light rain this afternoon and was totally dry. I like this tarp!

PaPaZeus
04-10-2015, 17:49
I received my tarps and netter hammock today. Digging the tarp big time! I don't even care about the grommets for a 20 tarp. Designed to fit a hammock and an 11ft ridge line I'm in! Back up tarps!

Side note. Comes in at 1lb even new in bag.. 13oz with bag and 2 guylines

OSULumberjack
04-11-2015, 13:43
I love the picture on that page. It has the hammock in the foreground and a black bear out of focus in the background trying to decide if there's filling in his burrito yet. Seems like a strange choice to me.

Peartree
04-13-2015, 23:15
Bought one and cheap @$20. Be warned, however, advertising and packaging states 11'6" = 138", but is really 9'7" = 115". Oh well... like an Eno Double - good hammock. Still very nice for the price. Planned on giving my old Eno Double to my niece, upgrading to a longer gathered end, but now, I'll probably give her the Woot since my Eno is tricked for my UQ already. Anyway, always nice to have another communal lounger hammock in camp. Can't go wrong @$20...

tangara
04-14-2015, 07:59
I use the Yukon, too as my first choice of nylon hammock unless I'm doing something where I'm fitting everything into a backpack. Then I compromise on comfort a little and take one of the smaller hammocks.

tangara
04-14-2015, 08:08
Bought one and cheap @$20. Be warned, however, advertising and packaging states 11'6" = 138", but is really 9'7" = 115". Oh well... like an Eno Double - good hammock. Still very nice for the price. Planned on giving my old Eno Double to my niece, upgrading to a longer gathered end, but now, I'll probably give her the Woot since my Eno is tricked for my UQ already. Anyway, always nice to have another communal lounger hammock in camp. Can't go wrong @$20...

Really? I have two of the Yukon doubles, not bought on Woot, though. They measure as advertised, unlike the eno, which seems to measure about what it would have been before sewing all the seams, so it's quite a bit shorter than it was listed. I wonder if Woot is selling a different model. I ordered the tarp in Olive and it came through in Black, which turned out okay, since I liked the Black, but it wasn't what I ordered.

daverr
04-14-2015, 09:40

My double measures correctly. Maybe you got the "Made in the USA Camo Hammock"? http://www.woot.com/offers/made-in-the-usa-camo-hammock?ref=cnt_wp_0_1

BrockLeigh
04-17-2015, 09:20
If you ever wondered how the Yukon Hammock performs in a weight test, Just have a frightened 40 lbs Australian Shepard land on your chest when your sleeping in your hammock. We had a minor thunder storm last night, but it was enough to send the pup into the hammock with me yet again. That's 205 lbs of me and 40 lbs of shaking dog. Of course he vacates the hammock once I start snoring.

Fishbait, One cold 19deg F night a friend had been waiting on others to bring her camping equipment. They did not show till the next morning. The two of us combined pushed about 365lbs in the Yukon with bugnet. I slept pretty warm that night too.

fishbait
04-17-2015, 10:18
Fishbait, One cold 19deg F night a friend had been waiting on others to bring her camping equipment. They did not show till the next morning. The two of us combined pushed about 365lbs in the Yukon with bugnet. I slept pretty warm that night too.

Yikes!! Never rely on someone else to bring needed equipment. I would say the 365 pushed and surpassed the advertised weight limit of the hammock.