PDA

View Full Version : The new Frontline XL hammock

neo
04-11-2015, 12:49
:DThe new Frontline XL hammock
it is 10 foot long and has hooped bugnetting.It has a nice price tag of 118.00 buck
I ordered one for my girl friend.:cool:neo

http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd-xl-frontline-hammock

Zilla
04-11-2015, 13:10
What is the wieght limit on one of these?, looks like a great deal,, my wife has a frontline thats about 3 years old and it's a very nice hammock, but it's alittle narrow.
The way DD does the bug netting really keeps it away from you when inside.

mountainhanger
05-02-2015, 13:41
Did you guys ever get these? Was wondering how it did for the larger guy? Looking for a possible buy here if the wife OKs it. So tell us....pros? Cons?

mountainhanger
05-08-2015, 09:06
Well well sinc no response I got me a early father's daynpresent..lol. ordered this am and hour layer. Shipped amazing.

That Dude There
06-07-2015, 00:25
How is that Frontline XL? I can hardly find anything on it anywhere.

mountainhanger
06-07-2015, 06:05
I found that the xl is amazingly comfortable and the inside is HUGE! While i really dont like how when you set it up it tends to roll over till you get a uq on it.for some reason . I do like how you can tie the netting up like a switchback, no calf ridge to speak of but the short length is something have to get use too if you been using a 11 foot for any length of time. I switched out suspension to whoopie slings right away. For the money its hard to beat, and seems pretty bombproof. but there is the weight. at almost three pounds its pretty heavy.. So in my world its a backyard car camping hammock, or a short distance hike. but not really for the extended hike. imo..
overall?? great price for a hammock for the xl kind of guy, its durable incredible amound of inside space with spacer poles espcially. Takes little fiddle factor in finding the sweet angle and once inside you can toss and turn lay sideways etc...I would not recommend this for anyone 6'3" or more tho. I also must say the use of the curved spacer poles really is a sweet move the interior ridgline sucks but the ridgline organizer is nice...
if your just starting out or dont mind the weight, this is really a great hammock espcially given the price the speed of delivery and customer service.. and it doesnt need to be tended with kid gloves...

That Dude There
06-07-2015, 08:32
Thanks, that's the best review I've heard yet.

Pixabilly
07-03-2015, 13:44
Found one video from youtube : http://youtu.be/Zdw0chu-BB0

Seems it's not so balanced without underblanket etc. Like the Mountainhanger mentioned. Tends to roll as you can see from the video.

Snuggly_Jason
07-13-2015, 18:37
Found one video from youtube : http://youtu.be/Zdw0chu-BB0

Seems it's not so balanced without underblanket etc. Like the Mountainhanger mentioned. Tends to roll as you can see from the video.

Ordered mine this morning. I am only 5'4" so it should feel pretty huge to me. Also got the 4x4 tarp so I have a wind barrier wall and good 1' 6" overhang on each side, as well as good working space in porch mode. I plan on really only camping in the summer when it is rainy, so I don't want to be confined to a small space when the rain gets heavy. I will let you guys know how it works out and take some pics.

Snuggly_Jason
07-20-2015, 20:24
Got my frontline XL and 4x4 hammock this morning and got it set up in porch mode. It is exactly as great as I imagined. Didn't take long at all to set up either. Here are some pics.

campcrafter
07-21-2015, 08:14
Wow that tarp is huge!

Are the pole sleeves for the mosquito net only on one side or did you leave off to better open the mosi net?

Did you find it to be top heavy and want to tip when empty?

Nice set up- thanks for sharing.

cc

p.s. Welcome to the forum Snuggly.

Snuggly_Jason
07-21-2015, 10:34
Wow that tarp is huge!
Are the pole sleeves for the mosquito net only on one side or did you leave off to better open the mosi net?
Did you find it to be top heavy and want to tip when empty?
Nice set up- thanks for sharing.
cc
p.s. Welcome to the forum Snuggly.

The pole sleeves are both completely on, but the design is great in that you can shove the entire net to one side of the hammock, and pull it back around and zip it up from inside when you want to use it. DD provides 2 shock cords to run from the bars in the mosquito net to the hanging straps or to each tree to keep the hammock from rotating when no load is in it. It is purely for cosmetic reasons that you would do this, as once you are inside it really is about impossible to flip it over.

Also I wanted the 13x13 foot tarp so that I had 1.5 feet hanging over each side for coverage in driving rain while still having the dry work area in porch mode. It really is quite fantastic compared to having to use a diamond configuration with a 10x10. It all fits well enough in my large alice pack as well with my other gear. I will definitely be buying more from DD in the future.