PDA

View Full Version : Ripstop by the roll grab bag.

g2outdoors
04-13-2015, 18:59
My assortment of fabric, ribbon, cord and accessory line came in the mail today. Woohooo. Now I need to figure out what to make and, more importantly, how to sew...

I wish I knew specifics about these different fabrics.

WaffleBox
04-13-2015, 19:10
What did you get?

IRONFISH45
04-13-2015, 19:11
Look on the Ripstopbytheroll website. You will probably be able to figure out the type of fabric and a hint for something to sew. A ditty bag would offer experience, lots of designs offered in the DIY Forum.

Sewing look at some how to sew videos, just go slow, keep your fingers away from the needle. Be sure you understand how to thread your needle, check your stitches and upper thread tension. A old T Shirt is good to practice on, really any old bit of fabric that is light will work well, top tread on color, bottom thread another color the contrast will help you see any problem with thread tension. Keep your workspace clean. Be careful to keep your fabric smooth and flat, sew a short way and then check your stitches to be sure all is well. Time spent getting everything set up correctly saves time while injecting your project.

g2outdoors
04-13-2015, 19:47
Wow. Thanks for the tips! It's gonna be fun either way!

I bought the $10 DIY box. I came with 3 or 4 different fabrics, accessory cordcord, ribbon and mini cordlocks