PDA

View Full Version : when does brian come back?

srestrepo
09-21-2009, 21:42
any ideas on when his med september vacation is over, i'm getting itchy to get that tarp in...

angrysparrow
09-21-2009, 21:47
He already posted (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10739) that he's back, and is accepting orders. But, he is in a semester with a 21 credit load so there might be a delay before he responds.

Send him an email. He'll get to you in turn, I'm sure.

srestrepo
09-21-2009, 21:50
21 credits, thats terrible... oh well i wanted it for the end of this week. might as well just take a ride over to home depot and try that plastic tarp idea...

climberslacker
09-21-2009, 23:23
How long is usual response time?

Brian
09-22-2009, 08:58
Email should be coming at you today, CS!

21 beats my 23 from last semester, but the grad math class kind of takes a bite out of the free/tarp time. :O

climberslacker
09-22-2009, 15:33
yup just got it and responded! :) :):):):):):):):):):) :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:

-CS

jim
09-22-2009, 17:40
Hey Brian, first post! I sent you an email about a ULSpinn Deluxe and/or maybe some custom work. Just wanted to make sure it got it alright! Thanks!

-jim

drewboy
09-25-2009, 08:47
Hey Brian, I've sent a couple of emails out to you now over the past couple of weeks and received no reply. Can you confirm that you received them and advise on my order? Thanks.

srestrepo
09-25-2009, 10:21
i know its hard waiting for responses but from what i understand he's taking like 7 classes of liek hardcore stuff involving math (imagine the homework)... i needed a tarp for tomorrow and it doesn't look like i'll get it but that ok, good things come to those who wait. still rough waiting though...

jim
09-29-2009, 10:30
Yeah, having just been through the grinder as a fellow engineer I can certainly relate!

-jim

ikemouser
09-29-2009, 11:00
Im sure he will b done with school fast though, best to get it over with.

lazy river road
09-29-2009, 12:31
I just decided to buy a WB Black Bird...havent placed order yet but cant wait...its a b day present to my self...Brian cant wait to sleep in your hammock

angrysparrow
09-29-2009, 12:43
You have it mixed up...

Brian is Brian from OES.

You're thinking of Brandon from Warbonnet.

ikemouser
09-30-2009, 14:30
lol nice one =P

jim
10-12-2009, 21:11
Any updates on Brian's progress with the queue?

-jim

PKT
12-03-2009, 08:30
Any word from Brian? Santa said I could have one of his tarps!

Wanting to order.......

drewboy
12-03-2009, 08:44
If you can't get Brian to respond back, try this option. Scott's another local HF cottage vendor who has some really nice tarps.

http://backwoodsdaydreamer.webs.com/tarps.htm

angrysparrow
12-03-2009, 08:45
Brian accepts orders through his site, and has been delivering with I think less than two weeks delay.

PKT
12-03-2009, 09:05
Brian accepts orders through his site, and has been delivering with I think less than two weeks delay.

Yes but I was wanting to add a few extra tie outs and I don't see a way to
do that online. :(

Hanson
12-03-2009, 09:47

I'm over 2 weeks since I sent my money with no tarp or response.:confused: I know he's busy, and from what I hear his tarps are worth the wait...any day now...

mbiraman
12-03-2009, 10:35
I'm over 2 weeks since I sent my money with no tarp or response.:confused: I know he's busy, and from what I hear his tarps are worth the wait...any day now...

+1,,Two weeks passed Brian's suggested shipping date, no response to email or pm. I've also heard these are very good tarps.

dejoha
12-03-2009, 10:49
Yes but I was wanting to add a few extra tie outs and I don't see a way to
do that online. :(

You can mention any custom work in the comments/special instructions when you go to checkout on Brian's site. He's really good about getting back to people, but he is a full-time+ student at the moment. His products are definitely worth waiting for.

PKT
12-03-2009, 13:43
Thanks Dejoha I'll give that a shot

Hanson
12-04-2009, 13:23

I was just notified that my tarp is shipping out - can't wait! (Thanks Brian)

mbiraman
12-04-2009, 14:12
I was just notified that my tarp is shipping out - can't wait! (Thanks Brian)

Hanson ; what date did you order your tarp??

Hanson
12-04-2009, 14:57
Hanson ; what date did you order your tarp??

Nov 15th...

Actually, I originally ordered Oct 26th, but I sent the pymt to the wrong email address (luckily it wasn't a valid one). But Nov 15th is when Brian received my pymt.

mbiraman
12-04-2009, 16:31
Nov 15th...

Actually, I originally ordered Oct 26th, but I sent the pymt to the wrong email address (luckily it wasn't a valid one). But Nov 15th is when Brian received my pymt.

I guess Brian saw the recent posts as i just got a message that my tarp was shipped out on the 25th. Yea. Apparently he sent the shipping notice before but i didn't get it. Clear communication is so important. Anyway i'm happy its on its way. I imagine it will be here next week sometime just when the 10*F weather shows up, ouch. Slept in my WBBB in my living room last night, it was a long hike but it all turned out alright.

Sailor
12-05-2009, 02:35
It took about 2 weeks from order to delivery for my tarp, and being what small biz what it is, I figured it would be quicker and more communicative. It wasn't. On the other hand, when the tarp, a Deluxe Spinn, showed up, it was a real piece of work.

PKT
12-05-2009, 08:21
You can mention any custom work in the comments/special instructions when you go to checkout on Brian's site. He's really good about getting back to people, but he is a full-time+ student at the moment. His products are definitely worth waiting for.

I placed the order and under comments told him about the extra tie-outs and
how I'd like to be able to rotate the tarp 90 deg.
During checkout it totaled the price, (minus the extra tie-outs), but didn't
take money at the time and sent an e-mail stating....
"A new order has been received. A summary of this order appears below"
So think I'm good to go? I hope so, I want this mans handy work. :)

Stone
12-05-2009, 08:34
I placed the order and under comments told him about the extra tie-outs and
how I'd like to be able to rotate the tarp 90 deg.
During checkout it totaled the price, (minus the extra tie-outs), but didn't
take money at the time and sent an e-mail stating....
"A new order has been received. A summary of this order appears below"
So think I'm good to go? I hope so, I want this mans handy work. :)

Yes, you are good to go. You should get an email from him in a day or two to confirm your order, and discuss any special work you want done.

It took a little over 3 weeks to reiceve mine. I did finally send an email and the tarp went out two days later. As former engineering student and current working one I can attest to the work load that most likely is being laid upon him. A tad bit more communication would have been nice, but I must say for gear of this quality, and I do mean that, the wait is totaly worth it!

bbyellow
01-04-2010, 20:18
Hi folks,

Does anyone know is Brain out of town or busy in his exam?
I 've order some traps from him, but I cannot contact him since 23/12...

Vincent

mbiraman
01-05-2010, 01:41
Hi folks,

Does anyone know is Brain out of town or busy in his exam?
I 've order some traps from him, but I cannot contact him since 23/12...

Vincent

I don't know if Brian is out of town but he has been very busy with school and once you've placed your order/paid for it, then for most folks in the U.S. its 2-3 wks till they get their tarp and there's not much communication back and forth. I would imagine yours will be a bit longer given where you are.

Brian
01-07-2010, 12:02
I'm back - school finals really, really swamped me and I was spending 40+ hours a week in the basement of our engineering building getting projects done and studying for tests. Right now I've got about a 1 week backorder, and Vincent, yours are going out on Saturday!

bbyellow
01-07-2010, 23:14
Thanks Brian.:laugh:

PKT
01-12-2010, 07:03
Brian
Am I in there too? If your schedule does not allow it I will continue too wait....
I've an old tarp or two to tide me over :) Studies come first without doubt.

Phil