PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the 2QZQ net mod?

sandykayak
04-19-2015, 20:59
Has anyone had the 2QZQ zipper mod done? This enables the net to be unzipped and stored in a peak bag.

Comments? glad you did it?

grannypat
04-19-2015, 21:16
I had a zipper mod done, but not to take the whole net off, just to unzip the head end from either side, from multiple points. Made it much easier to put TQ in the hammock and reach out for things or adjust the quilt from the inside. ZQ does great work.

OutandBack
04-19-2015, 23:45
Yes I have that mod on my switchback. Love it when it's not buggy out. I do wish there was away to remove it completely for late Fall early Spring to save weight.

Best pict I got sorry

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8052/8141642443_d3ffc5b1b5_z.jpg

Another fun mod for the switchback is cut up some old tent poles and make a net spreader.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7431/9368957493_8a4e4d5c07.jpg

Dead Man
04-20-2015, 10:31
Yes. I had the Mod 4 version done to my hammock about two years ago. It was worth every penny to me. I have the flexibility to run the hammock with or without the bug net and access on both sides of the hammock. I would not change back for any price.

2QZQ's work is first rate and some of the best at customer service that you will experience. :shades:

Canoefor2
04-20-2015, 11:10
I have also done 3 hammocks and love it. I would almost recommend buying the bottom entry and have 2QZQ make the retro rather then buying the zip model. Just a note he other leaders in the Scout Troop I am involved with have all done the same after seeing mine.

danah.
07-06-2016, 17:10
Yes, Just got my HH Explorer back from the Mod4. Beautiful work I'm pleased that I had this work done. It came back quicker than they thought it would take. wonderful work, great people.

Dana

zukiguy
07-06-2016, 18:55
I had the mod 3 done to both my HH models several years ago. Actually, that's the change that got me into hammocking. Prior to that trying to wrestle a sleeping bag through the silly velcro slot opening was just too much of a hassle. I'd all but given up on hammocks.

Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I'd spent the extra cash on the mod 4. To me it's kind of embarrassing that Hennessy uses such big clunky zippers in their zip models. The work that 2QZQ does looks better than OEM.

dkurfiss
07-06-2016, 19:13
Have Mod 4 on both of my HH and love it. Good work, quick service, and makes my HH more useful.

OutandBack
07-06-2016, 19:20
Yes, Just got my HH Explorer back from the Mod4. Beautiful work I'm pleased that I had this work done. It came back quicker than they thought it would take. wonderful work be great people.

Dana

I had the mod 3 done to both my HH models several years ago. Actually, that's the change that got me into hammocking. Prior to that trying to wrestle a sleeping bag through the silly velcro slot opening was just too much of a hassle. I'd all but given up on hammocks.

Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I'd spent the extra cash on the mod 4. To me it's kind of embarrassing that Hennessy uses such big clunky zippers in their zip models. The work that 2QZQ does looks better than OEM.

Guys this isn't the HH forum. The net mod question was about TreetoTree Trail Gear hammocks.

dkurfiss
07-06-2016, 20:47
LOL! Yeah, you are right ...not an HH thread ... my bad. Hate it when an old thread gets popped back up and I think I know what I am talking about and I don't.

Porter Rockwell
07-09-2016, 12:35
Hello:

Piling on here with more of the same total satisfaction. Materials are too notch, workmsnship the best and amazing functionality. Have the full set of mod's on two and sending a third after this season. Also LOVE the tarp spreader mod. 2Q has absolute credibility. Weight not an issue for gram counters. Am so glad I did all of these. Yes, use spreaders made from carbon arrow shafting with elastic cord inside to keep the netting under tension.

Do it!

Respectfully,
Kevin Tinny

mjcspanky
10-22-2018, 18:36
Awesome job with Hennessy side zipper installation; bottom sewn.
Great customer service. A true pleasure to deal with.

Thank you

Mike from Western NY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OutandBack
10-22-2018, 20:20
Awesome job with Hennessy side zipper installation; bottom sewn.
Great customer service. A true pleasure to deal with.

Thank you

Mike from Western NY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike this is the Tree to Tree Trail Gear vendor forum. They have nothing to do with hennessy or the 2QzQ mod you are commenting about.