PDA

View Full Version : guy line length

Hawk i
04-20-2015, 16:27
Hey all, I just got my new Warbonnet SF and Kelty Noah 12 Tarps and set them up for a Family Hang this past weekend and I was wondering since they are bigger and cover more towards the ground do I really need 10' of guy lines on the 4 points? I know I need longer lines for my pullouts and if I used porch mode on 1 side then my lines could be longer as well. I am also going to do a sock cord attachment also so here is another question too, do you like a separate piece of attached suspension hooked to the tarps permanent and just attach guy lines to that when setting up or install all in 1 system? I have watched Shugs video and also others.......just looking for experienced help before I cut my Dynaglide up.

gbolt
04-20-2015, 16:39
My four guy line corner tie outs are 6ft for an Edge Tarp and I think that is fine for one side. When I go to a larger CF Tarp (although I may not wait), I plan on increasing the one side set to 8 ft for Porch Mode as you mentioned. 10 ft is overkill for any tarp IMHO. However, I currently run the guy line through a Prussic on the Tie out D-Ring on each corner. That does give an extra inch or so. I am also planning to purchase 4ea. Dutch Fleaz on a Collar to replace the prussics. I do not own a Sock so will wait and read what others have to say.

pgibson
04-20-2015, 16:41
8 foot guylines will be plenty for porch mode. If not then 2-4 feet is usually enough. You want a bit of length incase there is something in the way like rocks, roots or bushes....of course sometimes you can just tie off to them and have a more secure tie out than the stakes might be able to provide.