PDA

View Full Version : UGQ GEAR RENTAL PROGRAM

sr1355
05-02-2015, 07:15
Well this is exciting, I do not believe you have ever been able to rent high quality cottage vendor gear for true hammock camping. Missy and I are pleased to offer the following equipment for rent. You can see the details of this program on our web site. We have a totla of 4 complete hammocks, under quilts, and tarps currently. We will look at adding several other hammocks, tarps, and quilts as the program evolves.

Please share this with all who may be interested.

http://undergroundquilts.com/rentals/images/20150117_163149.jpg

MORE INFO CAN BE FOUND HERE (http://undergroundquilts.com/rentals/default.html)

DH DARIEN HAMMOCK

11' DOUBLE LAYER NETTED HAMMOCK
RIGHT LAY
STRAP SUSPENSION W/ CARIBINERS
DOUBLE ENDED STUFF SACK
COMFORT RATED TO 300#
COLOR - BROWN

All needed gear required to hang between two trees is included.

STARTING AT $29usd for three day rental plus shipping

20*F ZEPPELIN UNDER QUILT

47X77 FULL LENGTH HD800GDD w/ 2oz OVERSTUFF
COMPLETE SUSPENSION STUFF SACK
COLOR - EARTH TONES

All needed gear required to hang on the bottom of most gathered end hammocks included.

STARTING AT $29usd for three day rental plus shipping

HANGER12 SilNYLON TARP

STUFF SACK, RIDGELINE, GUYLINES, AND STAKES INCLUDED
COLOR - EARTH TONES
STARTING AT $19usd for three day rental plus shipping

sr1355
05-02-2015, 07:35
Couple of quick points...

1) All hammocks are washed after each use

2) Hope to add WBRR Bridge Hammock and Ambush UQ shortly

3) Nope, we will not be adding TQ anytime in the near future due to laundry service requirements and cost.

4) If you know or are a bonafide guide service / outfitter contact us if interested for a detailed outfitter program we are working on.

Bubba
05-02-2015, 07:40
This is a good idea for people who want to try out quality gear or for members wanting to introduce others to hammock camping.

dkurfiss
05-02-2015, 07:45
Excellent. Great program to get folks to try out a hammock or your gear.

sr1355
05-02-2015, 07:51
This is a good idea for people who want to try out quality gear or for members wanting to introduce others to hammock camping.

Those are some of the reasons we are offering this program. Let's face it High Quality hammocks, quilts, and tarps are $$$. If you're new to hammocks the cost of some gear can be intimidating. So most folks start on the low end then migrate to the top shelf gear in time. Why not skip that process??? Now for a modest fee you can rent true cottage vendor gear, see if you like it, then make your decision form there.

Those that wonder about how UQs work over a pad do not need to drop $250-$300 to try it. They can rent it and try it before they buy it.

We'll be adding some 0* UQ as well later this season, we have folks all the time ask what temp to buy, they can only afford one UQ but plan on winter and summer camping making the decision difficult. Now they can buy the 20* or 40* UQ and rent the 0* UQ for that trip or two in winter...

Woody_NH
05-02-2015, 07:51
Excellent concept, I'll pass the news along to some friends that are interested in making the transition to hanging.

sr1355
05-02-2015, 07:55
For a total of $77 (plus shipping) you get three glorious nights in cottage vendor gear, hammock, underquilt, tarp..... Better than the RITZ..... and WAY LESS $$$... :lol:

Yojimbo
05-02-2015, 07:59
Any thoughts of allowing those that use this sevice as a means of trying a quilt or hammock to be able to apply the rental fee towards a newly purchased one? Might be a added incentive.

sr1355
05-02-2015, 08:08
Any thoughts of allowing those that use this sevice as a means of trying a quilt or hammock to be able to apply the rental fee towards a newly purchased one? Might be a added incentive.

Very true, and worth considering as we have done. We do not make the hammocks so it would be hard for us to offer a discount on that item. We also will be adding another hammock by a different vendor soon. Since we can't offer a discount on those item we have decided to leave the program stand as is for now. The rates are fairly modest and if it avoids the standard practice of working through several hammocks, insulations and tarps to find your fit it will save you money in the end.

Yojimbo
05-02-2015, 08:14
Fair enough.

bkrgi
05-02-2015, 16:47
:thumbup:

Great way to get the newbs fully up to speed without breaking any piggy banks.

Bubba
05-02-2015, 17:33
I was also going to ask about having some portion of the rental go towards a purchase. I think even if it's only something like $10 off plus free shipping that might be reasonable. Just a thought.

punkisdead
05-02-2015, 18:07
This is a pretty awesome idea

Ham Mocker
05-03-2015, 07:31
I actually tried to rent a hammock from a variety of vendors, with no luck. Finally just gave in and ordered.

This is an awesome idea and I'm really thankful someone is doing it! I hope it works out very well for you so that you continue to offer the rentals.

Shug
05-03-2015, 20:18
Pretty Darn Mighty Fine))))))
This should help a lot of folks that are hammock curious....
Shug

mab0852
05-03-2015, 22:55
I totally agree with the rental discount toward purchase sentiment for UGQ made gear. I would love a try and buy on a 20 and 0 degree underquilt. Awesome program, thanks for doing this.

bradray
05-04-2015, 00:39
Had this been available before I made my purchase I would have done this. I probably would have ended up buying the gear I was able to try out as it would take away the unknown factor.

Evaed
05-04-2015, 01:55
This is an excellent way for folks who are knew to this like myself to learn about and experience new gear. Thank you for making a great way to experience great gear without breaking the bank! Now we need to talk "Hammock Gear" into doing the same thing.. =)

Paul-Stefi
05-04-2015, 15:22
OK WOW, this is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I already bought my 20 degree UQ from UGQ but had I not this may have helped me make the decision between full length and 3/4

MoonBear
05-19-2015, 12:00
UGQ. I sent you a message. I am interested in the Quilt! But had a few question

fallkniven
05-19-2015, 19:28
Now that's a great idea. I bet that's going to be a real hit.

PS. getting ready to order another quilt, think this will be my 8th if I remember right...

southernfire97
05-19-2015, 21:21
Awesome! I may rent a quilt for my week in the Sipsey

bradray
05-20-2015, 00:24
Could I recommend adding a 3/4 length quilt? One of the hardest decision I had to make when deciding on gear was if I should get a 3/4 or a full. Quilts are so expensive that I didn't want to make a mistake and order a 3/4 and still be cold so I defaulted to getting the full. I definitely would have paid to rent them both so that I could compare them.

MoonBear
07-15-2015, 20:42
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/15/9df76fa2cb057e9a7863be5cba0aef7b.jpg

It's ready to go on a hike.

Getting it in the tough sack was tricky. A few bad words it went into the tough sack. Lol

Thank you UGQ for the fast shipping.