PDA

View Full Version : Dangerbird or Sheltowee?

CJPepa
05-02-2015, 17:57
I am to the point of selling my Clark NX250 that I put Cinch Buckles from Dutch on and going with either a Dream Hammock Dangerbird double layer 60" 11' or possibly a Sheltowee *20 (just started to look at those).

Does anyone have any thoughts on either one? I've emailed Randy from Dream Hammock a couple times and his customer service is top notch! and I like the idea of an integrated top cover....but then I am kind of intrigued by the integrated underquilt. So far in my Clark I have been using a sleeping bag and a pad when the temp dips way down and have been just fine.

All help and opinions are appreciated.. there are just way to many options out there and being in southern Oregon there are no opportunities to test either of the ones mentioned above!

Much thanks!

CJ

gunner76
05-02-2015, 18:15
You also consider a ENVY or ENVY S from Hammeck.

While I have not used a Dream Hammock or Sheltowee, all are good hammocks.

CJPepa
05-02-2015, 18:21
Gunner76, Thanks for the info- never heard of the ENVY but I'll check them out!

CJ

Zilla
05-02-2015, 18:32
I have a thunderbird from Dream hammocks and imho your not gonna find better craftsmanship or customer service anywhere that comes close to the Smurfs,,, great to deal with and the work and pride they put into thier hammocks cant be beat.

kc8ljm
05-02-2015, 18:36
Hi there, I am a newbie, however you were right on track with dream hammock in my opinion customer service a-1 . I ordered #1899 from dream hammock a thunderbird. And with his hammocks you can customize to your specs. You may consider private message SundaySauce he has the dangerbird and was very helpful in helping me get off the fence. I also think ugq makes underquits specifically for the dream hammocks. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong. Good luck

SirMarkos
05-05-2015, 09:47
I'm gonna toss my vote to Sheltowee. I have both seen and laid in a Sheltowee. I've heard nothing but good things from the other vendors but for the price of both a hammock and an integrated under quilt, it just can't be beat.

medicineman03
05-05-2015, 10:10
Another insulated hammock to consider is a bonefire http://www.bonefiregear.com/

T.Monk
05-05-2015, 17:17
No frame of reference on the other brand? I Just got the Boone 40*, straight winner for the loot, plus Alex is a class act, he'll do ya right! The hang is great for side or back sleepers. With the diagonal lay feels like your laying down in the middle of a football field there is so much room! ( I'm 5'7") Hope that was helpful

Jerven
05-05-2015, 18:00
I've tried Clarks, WBBB, WBRR, and Dream hammock models and they were all great. I now have a Shelltowee Boone 20 that I have had for about a year and absolutely love it. The integrated underquilt and storage are just a few things I love. I can control my warmth from the inside the hammock by adjusting toggles near my head for instant warmth. It's 11 feet long and very comfortable and at a very fair price point. I have found my favorite hammock after many years and many $$$$. Give Alex from Shelltowee an email or call as I here he is now loaning or letting people try out his hammocks before buying ;-)

Time to Hang
05-05-2015, 18:39
[QUOTE=gunner76;1452124]You also consider a ENVY or ENVY S from Hammeck.

This, x's 2
I just got my Envy S and can't say enough good about it all. Customer service A+, Product A+, Turnaround time A+
I don't have any experience with the others and I'm sure they are great too.
J.

Time to Hang
05-05-2015, 19:04
I forgot, if interested in my brief review of the Envy S, here is the link. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/109621-New-Hammeck-Envy-S

J.

FireInMyBones
05-06-2015, 14:51
My hammocks are the lightest insulated hammock commercially available, and I am happy to help if I can. I have no experience with Sheltowee, but I look forward to seeing it in person so that I can meet another designer of insulated hammocks. The Hammecks seem nice, but again, I have not seen them. Dream Hammocks are of outstanding quality and Randy is top notch.

CJPepa
05-10-2015, 16:43
Thank you all for your opinions and information- there have been several vendors mentioned that I have not heard of and am very interested to find out more about their products!