PDA

View Full Version : Hammeck Envy vs Envy S weights

doogie
05-06-2015, 14:52
I'm probably over analyzing, but does the weights quoted for the Envy include both the netting and the overcover?

I am looking at an 11' Single Layer in Argon 1.6 the charts show:

Envy S 29.9 oz
Envy 30.4 oz
Netty 21.7 oz

I am guessing that the Envy weight includes both covers since with just the bugnet cover it should weigh the same as a Netty and the Envy S would be (slightly) lighter than carrying both covers.

mychal
05-06-2015, 15:23
You're probably right, but I think the Netty has a lighter zipper... likely not 9 oz. lighter.

gunner76
05-06-2015, 15:46
The removable bug net for my 11 ft ENVY S weighs 4.3 ounces with it stuff sack. As you order the bug net as a seperate option I don't think its weight is included in the weight of the hammeck/topcover.

From Hammecks site....
Also, the optional bugnet adds approximately 4.4 ounces to the total pack weight.

doogie
05-06-2015, 17:44
The removable bug net for my 11 ft ENVY S weighs 4.3 ounces with it stuff sack. As you order the bug net as a seperate option I don't think its weight is included in the weight of the hammeck/topcover.

From Hammecks site.... .
I believe that the Envy includes both cover and bug net. From the Envy page. "The Envy is our sewn-channel gathered end hammock, complete with an integrated bugnet and cover. The bugnet and cover are completely removable, so you can leave one or both at home, depending on conditions." I agree that the bug net would not be included in the Envy S weights, but what I wanted to know is the weight of each part of the Envy: body, top cover, and bug net.

gunner76
05-06-2015, 20:05
what I wanted to know is the weight of each part of the Envy: body, top cover, and bug net.

It will vary based on the length of the hammock ( 10 ft or 11 ft ), single or double layer and the fabric used.

doogie
05-28-2015, 09:27
Well, I ordered and received a single layer Argon 1.6 Envy. Here are the weights of each component:

Envy body with continuous loops to attach suspension - 14.1 oz
Top Cover (no sack) - 6.4 oz
Bug Net (no sack) - 3.9 oz
Small sacks for bug net & cover (2 provided) - 0.4 oz each
Double-ended stuff sack - 1.0 oz