PDA

View Full Version : Invitation for MAHHA Prehike.

HappyCamper
10-01-2009, 09:29
Invitation for MAHHA Prehike

Don’t know if anyone else is interested but I’m putting out an invitation to join me, JD, & Skydog for a MAHHA prehike. JD and I are camping at Bears Den on Wed night (Nov. 4) and starting our hike north Thursday Nov. 5 in morning. Camping at either Blackburn Trail Center or David Lesser Shelter on Thursday night and then hiking into Harper’s Ferry on Friday. Picking up vehicles and then heading over to Gathland State Park Friday afternoon for MAHHA hang. About 20 miles for 2 day hike.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I’ll send you a detailed itinerary.

HC

Red Hat
10-01-2009, 11:10
Sounds like so much fun! Last time I was in that area, I did Bears Den to Harpers Ferry... shoulda stopped at the Blackburn. Wish I could get out, but gotta play nurse for my hubby till the doctor says we can travel.

JayS
10-01-2009, 11:21
Sounds like a fun time, HappyCamper. Unfortunately, work and school schedules won't accommodate the time to make the hike. At this point, it looks like Wiggle and I may arrive Thursday evening but my wife and son may not get down until Saturday mid-day. Hike a good hike.

Are you taking bug juice? I notice Bug-Bait isn't included so who are the bugs gonna eat? Looking forward to seeing you at MAHHA!

HappyCamper
10-01-2009, 11:30
Sounds like so much fun! Last time I was in that area, I did Bears Den to Harpers Ferry... shoulda stopped at the Blackburn. Wish I could get out, but gotta play nurse for my hubby till the doctor says we can travel.

I hope we can meet in the future!

I notice Bug-Bait isn't included so who are the bugs gonna eat? Looking forward to seeing you at MAHHA!

Same here. Bug-Bait puts work before hiking. Strange man.

Bug-Bait
10-01-2009, 13:14
I hope we can meet in the future!

Same here. Bug-Bait puts work before hiking. Strange man.

Work...it's a cruel joke!!

sawzall
10-07-2009, 09:55
Maybe I will fall in with you guys, planning on starting at snickers gap wednesday morn. Bears den looks good for Wed eve, will probly hang somewhere in the area. I am planing to hike to Crampton Gap and leave my car somewhere north to retreive on sunday. Look forward to meeting everyone. Also if any one is considering a similar hike, carpooling is always considered.
Sawzall

HappyCamper
10-07-2009, 10:29
sawzall,

Great ! I'll PM you our itinerary.

DGrav
10-07-2009, 20:36
That sounds like a great hike. Bears Den is awesome and David Lesser has some decent hang options. Enjoy!

Rilmoigan
10-11-2009, 14:41
I'm relocating to Maine next week (from El Paso, TX) and am planning on going to MAHHA (My first hang). The pre-hike sounds like fun, too. I'd probably need rough directions to meet up w/you all at the beginning. Drop me a PM to get a logistics-planning discussion started.

Yep, from here on out life is just one BIG adventure...:D

HappyCamper
10-11-2009, 15:25
Rilmoigan,

Sent you our itinerary! Hope this works out.

HappyCamper
10-23-2009, 18:10
Bump it to the top!