PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else

oldgringo
10-01-2009, 15:43
...have this happen, or am I just lucky?

I got a Doublenest today, and as I was unpacking it, I noticed that the fabric had been pinched by the gates of both biners. I didn't think anything of it, but when I got setup, I noticed that the fabric had been damaged in two places.

I doubt that the integrity of the hammock has been impacted, but still, new is supposed to be undamaged.

Anyway, the biners are history, replaced by rings. For those that keep the biners, consider packing them seperately, or at least leave them outside the bag.

Running Feather
10-01-2009, 16:54
...have this happen, or am I just lucky?

I got a Doublenest today, and as I was unpacking it, I noticed that the fabric had been pinched by the gates of both biners. I didn't think anything of it, but when I got setup, I noticed that the fabric had been damaged in two places.

I doubt that the integrity of the hammock has been impacted, but still, new is supposed to be undamaged.

Anyway, the biners are history, replaced by rings. For those that keep the biners, consider packing them seperately, or at least leave them outside the bag.

Those biners are dangerous at best. They snag everything!

chiefams
10-01-2009, 18:40
yes I had them do that to mine too... ENO quickly replaced the hammock when I called them

Bulldawg
10-02-2009, 19:20
yes I had them do that to mine too... ENO quickly replaced the hammock when I called them

Happened to me too, returned to REI for replacement, no issues. And it will effect integrity, catch that pinhole wrong, and it will open up like a zipper!

Hooch
10-02-2009, 19:35
And it will effect integrity, catch that pinhole wrong, and it will open up like a zipper!The man's right. Been there, done that. See my gallery for details. :scared::cursing:

hammockfreak
10-15-2009, 13:12
i replaced mine with the light weight eno binners and could not be happier

Hawk-eye
10-15-2009, 13:29
Replaced my with clinch buckles ... untied that last knot and then threaded a four loop prussick knot on the clinch buckle without even untying the whole rig. LOOOVVVEEE it now. Haven't figure a use for those two ton biners though! ;)

Guess I'd better check the thing for biner bite marks though!