PDA

View Full Version : Dutch's Fronkey Bugnet vs Argon Vented Sock

Xrayman
05-29-2015, 16:21
Wanted to tap the vast knowledge and opinions of the forum....

What's the better play with weight (+2oz difference with summer Argon) not being an absolute deciding factor? :confused:

Things to discuss....
1. Entry
2. Protection
3. Versatility

Thanks in advance, XrayMan

dirtwheels
05-29-2015, 16:26
The fronkey is very easy in and out. Never tried the Sock but it looks interesting although it appears to be a little more effort to get in & out.

WaffleBox
05-29-2015, 16:28
Entry - Fronkey will be much easier to enter

Protection - Fronkey will provide better protection from bugs, as any bugs that are near you when you slide the sock into place will be trapped inside the sock with you. Sock will provide better "protection" from cold, but fronkey will provide better "protection" from heat

Versatility - Sock for sure. A bug net is a bug net.

Texas Hanger
05-30-2015, 11:35
I have both. Wafflebox nailed it. Fronkey much easier in and out. The sock is very difficult for me to completely close. You have to pull yourself way up in the hammock to reach the cinch cords. With an 11.5ft hammock that's not so easy...

But you've got the option to turn it and block the wind. Also, if you're a UQ user, the added protection against water splash could be important. More versatility...

Xrayman
05-31-2015, 09:45
Great insights........ Looks like the Fronkey might be the "easiest" although the sock gives you "protection" options. I plan to use with 11" hammocks so -1 point about being able to cinch up the Sock.

Xrayman.