PDA

View Full Version : Clark North American length ??

The Hat
10-04-2009, 16:35
Hi all,

Tried my NA over the weekend, and where i can definately say its comfy, i gotta say at only 5' 7", it aint very long. I only had about 4 " either end of spare space so if i was any bigger i wouldnt really fit. It does seem to be on the tiny side, both in length and width. Im gonna sell mine on coz of the size issues.

Re build quality and design features, it is most definately top of the pile.

The Hat

bigbamaguy
10-04-2009, 19:06
Hat:

I have the NX-200 and it fits me much better than the NA did. I got lucky and had to oppotunity to try both of them out before I purchased the NX. I am 6' 1" and 290lbs and get the best sleep I have ever had in the NX. Wish I could get it in the house, but then I have to justify why the $1200 bed is in storage.:scared::( I spent last night out in the NX and once again I slept like a baby. Made the mistake of having the head even with the foot end and did slide towards the foot end of thehammock. With my feet at the end of the hammock I was able to reach over my head and just grab the handle on the head end of the hammock.

PS
If you are still considering selling the NA send me a pm, I may purchase it for my signifigant other or as an upgrade for my daughter.

molawns
10-04-2009, 21:09
Hi all,

... i gotta say at only 5' 7", it aint very long.

Five foot, seven inches? Do you mean seven foot, five inches?

My Clark NA is way longer than 5'7". I'm 5'11" tall, and I've got room to spare at each end. How tall are you?

The Hat
10-05-2009, 02:11
Five foot, seven inches? Do you mean seven foot, five inches?

My Clark NA is way longer than 5'7". I'm 5'11" tall, and I've got room to spare at each end. How tall are you?

Im 5' 7", and if i was much bigger i wouldnt fit in it. It is also very narrow.

The Hat

TinaLouise
10-05-2009, 06:51
My husband who's 6'4" has been in my clark. He fits but the larger Clarks would be a better match for him. Since you're 5'7" and you're complaining about the tight fit of the reg sized Clark, The Clark may not be the right hammock for you. Maybe look into the Blackbird. That's a much more "roomy" hammock.

The Hat
10-05-2009, 10:34
My husband who's 6'4" has been in my clark. He fits but the larger Clarks would be a better match for him. Since you're 5'7" and you're complaining about the tight fit of the reg sized Clark, The Clark may not be the right hammock for you. Maybe look into the Blackbird. That's a much more "roomy" hammock.

I think your right there Tina, it mabe wasnt the hammock for me.

The Hat

Zenodog
10-10-2009, 18:07
Have you tried adding more sag? I'm 5' 11" and I too thought the NA was small the first night I slept in it. I had the sag pretty tight the first night. Then when I added a lot more sag the next night, the hammock "opened up" and felt a lot wider and longer. When there's enough sag, the bug net walls will form a nice triangular peak without touching each other. The screen breathes much better when there's more sag. This has to be checked when you lay in it.

swinglow
10-12-2009, 22:05
I'll have to try having more sag with my JH.