PDA

View Full Version : name this tarp

trigger hurt
10-13-2009, 20:39
So a friend of mine and I swapped tarps. He needed something with more subdued colors for stealth camping. I don't really care if people see me.

So...I sent him my speer tarp and he sent me this, which he got from Brian several months ago. A few people asked what tarp it was, and all I could tell them was how I got it.

Anyone have any ideas?

PS. I'd like to add door flaps to it. It provides more coverage than my MacCat Deluxe.

Dutch
10-13-2009, 20:48
I prefer to name all my gear after old girlfriends. I would name this tarp "Jill" after some Straightedge girl that broke my heart.

angrysparrow
10-13-2009, 20:51
It sounds/looks like a custom OES. What are the dimensions? Looks like a 12' ridgeline.

BurningCedar
10-13-2009, 20:55
It looks like one of Brian's straight-cut silnylon tarps. Take a look at this page (http://outdoorequipmentsupplier.com/products-tarps.html). Brian makes really good stuff.

hikingshoes
10-13-2009, 21:04
I cant called them after my exgf or my exwife-the exwife married the dude next door.:confused:
I prefer to name all my gear after old girlfriends. I would name this tarp "Jill" after some Straightedge girl that broke my heart.

trigger hurt
10-13-2009, 21:06
It looks like one of Brian's straight-cut silnylon tarps. Take a look at this page (http://outdoorequipmentsupplier.com/products-tarps.html). Brian makes really good stuff.

Agreed, he does.

This tarp was supposedly a demo or an old one he had in a closet somewhere. I'm not going to divulge the price, because I don't want to set him up for something. Just know that it's significantly less than the normal retail cost.

As to the other post about the dimensions, I don't have a tap measure handy atm, but I had my standard MacCat Deluxe hung in the same spot before putting this tarp up, and it was a good bit shorter.

Coldspring
10-13-2009, 21:21
Oh Brian...what do you got tucked back in that closet? :lol: And Brandon, I sure hope I'm on Hammock Forums the next time you dig through your workshop and find all those nice hammocks you forgot about...

Cannibal
10-13-2009, 23:41
I'd name it "Fred". :D

jaygnar
11-18-2009, 12:51
I'd call it the Aardvark-tarp.
or maybe the hippo skin.
Maybe the Dryer sheet (since it keeps ya dryer)

Frawg
11-18-2009, 12:56
Vanilla? ;)

canoebie
11-18-2009, 14:12
square would work for my former wife. Tarps are fun and adaptable, hmmmm, perhaps the name doesn't work.