PDA

View Full Version : [NEW] Dyneema X gridstop

ripstopbytheroll
07-29-2015, 15:10
As we start to expand our selection of pack making materials/components, I want to offer you the same fabrics being used by the best in the business. This starts with Dyneema X gridstop - the choice pack material of high-end cottage vendors such as Zpacks, MLD, etc.

It's not cheap, but for good reason. In addition to a standard diamond ripstop, Dyneema X fabric features a square grid Dyneema fiber reinforcement for added tear strength and abrasion resistance.

If you're going to make a pack or bag, do it right. We're selling this by the half yd to help out on cost for smaller projects. Starting in Slate Blue but Black and a few others will be added soon.

-> http://ripstopbytheroll.com/products/210d-dyneema-x-gridstop-slate-blue

I'm also really excited about some brand new kits that we're putting together for this. Be on the lookout for those real soon.

WaffleBox
07-29-2015, 15:14
How would you compare the properties of this fabric to HyperD 300 for pack-making purposes?

Also your webpage material says it is sold in 36"x29" half-yard pieces, which doesn't seem quite right :)

hk2001
07-29-2015, 15:26
More pics :P Cause, ya know..:shades:

ripstopbytheroll
07-29-2015, 15:27
How would you compare the properties of this fabric to HyperD 300 for pack-making purposes?

Also your webpage material says it is sold in 36"x29" half-yard pieces, which doesn't seem quite right :)

That's actually correct. In terms of sq yardage, it's the same, just different dimensions. We do it that way so you can make more things with a half yd. Far as comparison to HD300, I haven't done a full scale comparison as of yet, but in general this is stiffer and slightly heavier. I would think it has slightly better tear strength and abrasion resistance as well.

It's also Dyneema, which means it's cool.

WaffleBox
07-29-2015, 15:32
It's also Dyneema, which means it's cool.

I happen to think the fact that you literally invented HyperD300 makes it cooler than Dyneema.

MDSH
07-29-2015, 16:01
It's great material and a great price by RBTR.

Had already got some or would order it right up.

hk2001
07-30-2015, 06:15
Carefully working on the designs for my Tenkara pack before I cut into the Dyneema Gridstop. I'm following Wafflebox's thread in the DM section closely trying to work out the bugs in my pattern.