PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Australia hang-out group

Toady
07-31-2015, 19:46
Hi all,

I have recently gotten into hammock camping. I would love to meet up with some fellow hammock campers for some car and overnight camping trips. I live in Sydney near Hurstville. I have been trying to think of the best way to meet fellow like minded hangers but because hammock camping doesn't appear to be that big in Australia its proving a bit of a challenge.

The best way I can think of to do it might be for everyone to post up their details so everyone can become Facebook friends. After that we can all connect via a messanger group. We should be able to slowly grow the group over time to share ideas and organise hangouts.

If anyone is keen to catch up and has a better suggestion to do so please let everyone know your suggestion.

I'm happy to start the ball rolling, my name is colin Addison, sydney, Australia, business planning analyst working for Toyota. That should be enough details to find me on Facebook.

If everyone who is keen to form a group can upload a post with your details like I have done above, I will add you as a friend and add you to the messanger group as it builds up.

Look forward to making contact with you all...

SimonMc
07-31-2015, 22:45
Hey mate - you might want to check out the Hammock Hangers Down-under (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1478259819053256/) facebook page

Caconym
08-01-2015, 01:32
Second that; join Hammock Hangers Down-Under on FB :)
And you can call me soft if you like, but I've got no plans to hang outdoors until the weather warms up :)

Toady
08-02-2015, 05:27
Thanks guys, great advice. I'm now part of the group. I had tried to find a Facebook page for Aus hangers but I must not have entered the rite key search words. Hopefully we can arrange some camp outs when it worms out a bit. Had to cut my trip this w/e short because of the rain. I was down at island bend near perisher and it rained for 48hrs non-stop. Good to hear there are other hangers out there in Aus. I'm off on a day trip tomorrow to the burdens national park. May take my hammock down for an afternoon nap. Hopefully catch up with you guys on a camp out someday...

Caconym
08-02-2015, 08:15
I'll look for the other guy with a hammock :)

Toady
08-08-2015, 07:06
I'll look for the other guy with a hammock :)

Were you down at island bend? In my this far limited camping experiences I haven't as yet come across another hammock camper. Next time you down there let me know if you keen to meet up. You can find me on Facebook and on the hammock downunder page

Caconym
08-08-2015, 08:20
Not sure what you're referring to. I had to look up island Bend; looks like a gorgeous spot.

I haven't seen any other hammockers, but then I tend to solo.