PDA

View Full Version : head end spreader bar

karbo
07-31-2015, 20:23
saw a video from jon eagle on you tube were he added a spreader bar on the head end. Tried this with a 36"x 1" round oak dowell from Loews for 6.00 dollars, drilled hole on each end used there cordage and hooked to carabiner to my suspension. This worked great i am broad shoulder and there is know more shoulder squeeze. Definetly worth checking out. It's like having a new hammock.Happy hanging.

questionmike
07-01-2018, 22:37
saw a video from jon eagle on you tube were he added a spreader bar on the head end. Tried this with a 36"x 1" round oak dowell from Loews for 6.00 dollars, drilled hole on each end used there cordage and hooked to carabiner to my suspension. This worked great i am broad shoulder and there is know more shoulder squeeze. Definetly worth checking out. It's like having a new hammock.Happy hanging.

do you have a pic of the setup?

Mooseman
08-02-2018, 21:09

Yes, I seen that video as well. I would love to do the same to my Skeeter Beater. Do you have a youtube video or pics to show?

Would love to see how it turned out.

sidneyhornblower
08-03-2018, 04:51
Yes, I seen that video as well. I would love to do the same to my Skeeter Beater. Do you have a youtube video or pics to show?

I think the original video he's referring to is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbdqrNMOHYE

old4hats
08-03-2018, 07:02
I wish eagle Jon would attend a hang and learn why hammockers are not welcome in so many parks.

Mooseman
08-09-2018, 22:20
I think the original video he's referring to is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbdqrNMOHYE

Yes, this is the one I seen (Had to watch it again Lol) But I was wondering if Karbo had some pics or a video of that (1" Dowl ) modification he did. ?

I wish eagle Jon would attend a hang and learn why hammockers are not welcome in so many parks.

Yes old4hats, me too. I'm not to sure about that cord setup on the tree and getting a good bite, different trees (Bark) or if it rained etc. I think I would do a different suspension coming off the conduit/spreader bar. Might be a new project for me and my Skeeter Beeter Pro?
I do wish he could go to a large hang and see if he's learned or tried different things since the video.