PDA

View Full Version : Current Pea Pod Specs

BillyBob58
10-15-2009, 17:56
what have you learned about these peapods? i have an older one, gray on inside green on outside. do you know the specs? all i know about mine is that it is thin. probably 2 inch loft with sewn thru baffles.

I learned that the previous PP models might have several differences from the current ones, but basically the design hasn’t changed. The fabric might be slightly heavier on the older models & the loft might be slightly less. However some older models are essentially the same as the current ones. Basically the current models have more loft (thus greater warmth) & lighter-weight fabrics. The fabrics used for the shells now are more consistent in color & weight than previous models. Ask about the color---if it’s all gray it could be the same as the new ones; if it’s gray inside/forest green outside, it’s probably a few ounces heavier than the new ones. ..........
- MacEntyre

Mine is Forest( I guess.. dark anyway) green outside and gray inside. However, it is a "3" or "III" model, 900FP with 2 oz overstuff. I notice that Ed has dropped the "3" designation. But the current specs are identical to the one he snt me, and mine weighs 42 oz and has at least as much loft as he advertises.

MacEntyre
10-15-2009, 18:17
I just ordered a brand spankin' new Peapod from Speer.

Navy blue outside, kelly green inside, 1.1 oz ripstop, 19 oz down, 42 oz total, 5" loft, 9.5' X 6' dimensions, 7" X 14" stuff sack.

- MacEntyre, finally owner of goose feathers

BillyBob58
10-15-2009, 18:39
I just ordered a brand spankin' new Peapod from Speer.

Navy blue outside, kelly green inside, 1.1 oz ripstop, 19 oz down, 42 oz total, 5" loft, 9.5' X 6' dimensions, 7" X 14" stuff sack.

- MacEntyre, finally owner of goose feathers

That is exactly the same specs as mine, except color. Prepare to be warm.

MacEntyre
10-15-2009, 20:08
I'm a warm sleeper, so I'm going to have to find out how to vent a peapod.

I like the idea of letting one side hang down when it's warm. Kinda like scandalizing your mainsail, or sailing by the lee, in order to slow down in strong winds.

- MacEntyre

Shug
10-15-2009, 23:16
Look forward to eyeballing that Pod Mac ......... Lucky you.