PDA

View Full Version : Loco Libre Fever has hit our house

Comet_Seeker
09-11-2015, 20:25
I received an email at work while I was on lunch that my package had been delivered. And that's when it started...

Feeling restless with the constant urge to go(home). Thinking of all the excuses I could give to leave early, followed by all the excuses I could tell the officer why I was speeding.

Well, due to needing $$ and being the lucky person to share a cubicle wall with my direct supervisor, I decided to stay for my whole shift. But when I finally got home and opened the box stuffed with downy goodness, I was not let down one bit. My 60" x 60" UQ is absolutely amazing. If I didn't have a cat that likes to cuddle on the couch, I'd be lounging with it right now. I did not get a chance to take pictures, but the craftsmanship is top notch, with extra attention to so many small details. Attached are the pictures George took and a link to his Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/locolibregear

My daughter is already arguing that it is her's, but luckily we can share it in our 2 person hammock. To say I'm impressed, excited, or overjoyed would be an understatement and I cannot wait to get out in the trees. FYI, my wife said I should let her feel the same excitement by pre-ordering the iPhone 6s tonight.

Zeppo
09-11-2015, 20:30
I just looked at their site last night after seeing them mentioned in another post. Did you consider the chevron baffles? How did you arrive at your selection?

Comet_Seeker
09-11-2015, 20:41
I just looked at their site last night after seeing them mentioned in another post. Did you consider the chevron baffles? How did you arrive at your selection?

I think he does the chevron baffles mostly in the TQ since it's going to be more affected by your shifting. This is just a guess though. As for the decision there were a few factors. He was one of the only vendors (one other, but he had already started before they got back to me) to agree to take on a custom UQ of this size for a Flex 180 that is no longer on the market to compare specs. And you cannot beat the price for the quality. I never had any problems reaching him (he usually had a harder time getting a reply email from me!). With the suspension, since there are three hanging points, he got creative and took care of everything. Everything I thought would be extra, he included. I cannot speak highly enough of him.

ripstopbytheroll
09-11-2015, 20:47
Leslie stop posting and come help me at the shop :lol:. Congrats on the new UQ. I'll have to check it out at Fall Sprawl.

mychal
09-11-2015, 20:51
Whoa, looks cool. What made you get it 60" wide?

Comet_Seeker
09-11-2015, 20:57
Leslie stop posting and come help me at the shop :lol:. Congrats on the new UQ. I'll have to check it out at Fall Sprawl.

I haven't heard from you since Monday, thought you might have gotten stuck at the beach or eaten by a shark

Comet_Seeker
09-11-2015, 20:58
Whoa, looks cool. What made you get it 60" wide?

The Clark Flex 180 sleeps two but not with fully independent suspensions like the Vertex. My regular UQ just wasn't wide enough to fully reach up the shoulders of both sides.

georgecarr
09-11-2015, 23:09
I received an email at work while I was on lunch that my package had been delivered. And that's when it started...

Feeling restless with the constant urge to go(home). Thinking of all the excuses I could give to leave early, followed by all the excuses I could tell the officer why I was speeding.

Well, due to needing $$ and being the lucky person to share a cubicle wall with my direct supervisor, I decided to stay for my whole shift. But when I finally got home and opened the box stuffed with downy goodness, I was not let down one bit. My 60" x 60" UQ is absolutely amazing. If I didn't have a cat that likes to cuddle on the couch, I'd be lounging with it right now. I did not get a chance to take pictures, but the craftsmanship is top notch, with extra attention to so many small details. Attached are the pictures George took and a link to his Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/locolibregear

My daughter is already arguing that it is her's, but luckily we can share it in our 2 person hammock. To say I'm impressed, excited, or overjoyed would be an understatement and I cannot wait to get out in the trees. FYI, my wife said I should let her feel the same excitement by pre-ordering the iPhone 6s tonight.

I am so glad you like it. I had fun making it. There's few things more challenging than making accessories for a piece of gear you've never seen before that's no longer in production :lol:

I only do chevron baffles on my topquilts. I didn't pay enough attention in geometry class to figure out differential cut chevron baffles :)

I think he does the chevron baffles mostly in the TQ since it's going to be more affected by your shifting. This is just a guess though. As for the decision there were a few factors. He was one of the only vendors (one other, but he had already started before they got back to me) to agree to take on a custom UQ of this size for a Flex 180 that is no longer on the market to compare specs. And you cannot beat the price for the quality. I never had any problems reaching him (he usually had a harder time getting a reply email from me!). With the suspension, since there are three hanging points, he got creative and took care of everything. Everything I thought would be extra, he included. I cannot speak highly enough of him.
Thank you!

georgecarr
09-11-2015, 23:13
I'm looking forward seeing pictures of the quilt with your hammock.

Dutch
09-12-2015, 14:45
Those are some great looking quilts.

Mapman
09-13-2015, 17:27
Can't wait to buy a hammock so I can get one of these quilts!