PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Dollar Bin Jackpot!!

Just Jeff
05-21-2007, 09:43
Alright - so I decided to drive home from Trail Days on Saturday, which took me past this little podunk Walmart. Not even a Super Walmart. Then I heard the Siren Song. Every logical thought in my head told me that this little shack wouldn't have any fabric...but some sixth sense kept telling me to pull over anyway. So I did. And bought 100 yards of ripstop - 1.1 and 1.9 oz, DWR and untreated, a few shades of silver and some OD green...JACKPOT!!

Obviously I don't need all of this, but I grabbed it so I could offer up some chunks of it here for about what I bought it for. I'm still traveling so it'll be a few weeks before I can get to it...if I don't mention it by mid-June, somebody remind me.

lvleph
05-21-2007, 10:24
I might be interested in some.

headchange4u
05-21-2007, 10:45
That's a lot of fabric. You must have a huge stockpile of fabric. You need to inventory it.

slowhike
05-21-2007, 13:16
i'd be interested in some of the od green. which weights did you get that in? i could use a few yards of either weight.
do you have any thoughts about being able to make hot springs in june (8-10) yet? ...tim

Perkolady
05-21-2007, 15:29
And bought 100 yards of ripstop -

:eek:
I'm still fairly new to hammocking, but thanks for the preview of the encroaching symptoms of hammock making fever....

I see there is no treatment. ;)

Perkolady

Coffee
05-21-2007, 18:33
Man and I must have drove past 4 of those on my way back.

NCPatrick
05-21-2007, 18:38
I'm interested in some OD, Jeff. Be glad buy some from you, if you're so inclined. Please PM me if you're willing to sell any. Otherwise congrats on your big score!

Just Jeff
05-21-2007, 19:59
:eek:
I'm still fairly new to hammocking, but thanks for the preview of the encroaching symptoms of hammock making fever....

I see there is no treatment. ;)

Perkolady

Oh, there are some perfectly good treatments. Some are waterproof/breathable, others are simply waterproof. But both are useful for feeding the DIY fever. :D

Just Jeff
05-21-2007, 20:02
Tim, it's looking like I'll make it to Hot Springs, but I might have to rent a cabin for the lady...hammocks seem to be a sticking point in our relationship :D but she'll come along if I get her a cabin. I still have permission to hammock with y'all though - my 11yo will probably sleep in the cabin with her and my 7yo will hammock with us.

I won't be back home between now and then, but I might be able to talk her into bringing a few bolts when she drives up.

slowhike
05-21-2007, 20:08
Tim, it's looking like I'll make it to Hot Springs, but I might have to rent a cabin for the lady...hammocks seem to be a sticking point in our relationship :D but she'll come along if I get her a cabin. I still have permission to hammock with y'all though - my 11yo will probably sleep in the cabin with her and my 7yo will hammock with us.

I won't be back home between now and then, but I might be able to talk her into bringing a few bolts when she drives up.

sounds good. those cabins on stilts are pretty cool.

Preacha Man
05-22-2007, 13:39
Jeff, I live 30 minutes from Wal-Mart's corporate offices, and there are a lot of stores that are closing their fabric departments. Some stores have been told that they were going to close down but haven't yet. My store closed theirs, but there are still a few stores where I can get 1.1 oz sil, and 1.9. You are right about stocking up, my wife thanks that I am crazy for buying it all up, but she still sews it all for me :)