PDA

View Full Version : Breezy trip report

Saint Francis
10-25-2015, 19:26
At the Fall MAHHA, I won a Hammeck Breezy in the raffle. I gave it a test run this weekend, and I can honestly say I will never use my ENO ever again. The Breezy was easy to set up, very light to carry, and felt nice against skin. The double ended bag (bishop bag?) made set up real easy. This was my first time using cinch buckles, so there was a slight learning curve involved. The long webbing didn't come with Dutch clips, so I ordered a pair from Dutch. That made set up real smooth (I am used to the trail and error involved in ENO Atlas straps). The breezy is light and feels thin. I was apprehensive to use it as a camping hammock, but I was quite happy after two nights of sleeping in it. After hiking 13 miles on the Pinchot Trail (PA), I was so excited to go to sleep at 7:30 pm. I woke to rain pouring on my tarp (another MAHHA winning). I slept another two hours in complete comfort. I'm a believer!

MomMeck
10-25-2015, 21:07
I am very glad you are enjoying your new Hexon 1.0 Hexon Breezy. It is the lightest weight material we carry.with a load rating of 225. So glad I had the opportunity to meet you and your daughter at MAHHA:)

Uphill
10-25-2015, 22:41
Great grab St. Francis! Glad to hear you are a Meck believer too.

NHWhites
10-26-2015, 08:27
I enjoy laying in my Breezy as well. Now that the bugs are frozen, I can use it for backpacking

georgecarr
10-26-2015, 10:42
Definitely a Hammeck in my future:thumbup:

gunner76
10-26-2015, 15:51
double ended bag (bishop bag?)

They are different types of bags. Bishop bags have a small hole in one end to allow the rope to go thru. Here is a picture (http://theultimatehang.com/2012/11/convert-a-hammock-stuff-sack-into-a-bishop-bag/) that shows is better than I can describe it.

Great report