PDA

View Full Version : Fs - Hennessy Expedition Asym

StumpJumper
11-03-2009, 23:02
PRICE REDUCED!!

Excellent condition, used only 3-nights.

Comes complete with diamond tarp and tree huggers. Nice little setup.

$80 shipped

PM me directly if interested.

bignick2112
11-03-2009, 23:35
i am new to the hammock world and am wanting to get a whole setup at once and not piece it together. Would something like this be good for me? i am about 255 pounds and 6' tall

StumpJumper
11-04-2009, 00:24
You'd be pushing the limits.

From the hennessy website -

EXPEDITION ASYM
2 lb.12oz. / 1230g

Height Limit:
up to 6'ft / up to 182.9cm

Weight limit:
250 lbs / 115kg / 18 stone

TrailH4x
11-04-2009, 19:09
Excellent condition, used only 3-nights.

Comes complete with diamond tarp and tree huggers. Nice little setup.

$90 shipped

Interested.;)

I have a soon to be Eagle Scout that has been drooling over my setup for a while now and I think he is finally ready to bite the bullet. :D

Snakeskins included? I'm working on a first timers set for him and trying to have him ready and hanging for Winter Camp (November 20th). He's interested in a Supershelter too.

H4x

StumpJumper
11-04-2009, 20:32
Just the hammock and tarp "standard" setup here. I never did puchase the extra accessories you mention. I think the SS alone is almost $90.

PM if still interested.

JJMurphy
11-04-2009, 21:30
If you have not already sold this - question about the tarp - is that the one that has "doors?"

Thanks.

JJ

BOB1520
11-05-2009, 09:11
If you have not already sold this - question about the tarp - is that the one that has "doors?"

Thanks.

JJ

I have the same setup and the stock tarp is a diamond shape that covers the hammock only. As far as I know HH doesn't make a tarp that has doors/flaps on it. Speer, Warbonnet, JRB all make a tarp that have, or can be configured to have, doors.

HobieCat, Sorry I slightly hijacking your sale.

Just to add the HH exped is a nice setup and for $90 is a very reasonable price. If I needed another one I would buy it. (already have 3).

TrailH4x
11-05-2009, 09:28
Just the hammock and tarp "standard" setup here. I never did puchase the extra accessories you mention. I think the SS alone is almost $90.

PM if still interested.

:huh: No commitment from this end (This has nothing to do with the hammock or proce offered). THIS IS A GREAT DEAL GUYS!

Wow, he was foaming at the mouth for one. :drool: He had me scouting for one, but couldn't wait. :drool: I called him right after the post and he had already contacted HH. Mr. Tom set him up with a brand new Exped and SS system. It should be in Monday. He went on and on- Just could not believe that he was able to speak directly to "Mr. Hennessey" directly. Looks like we have another hanger to break in! :thumbup:

Yeh, the SS system is a bit of a chunk of change by itself ($130 retail for the full set). I was just throwing in the comment in case anyone had one setting around that they were interested in parting with. I still have one scout interested- budget of $50 for a used Exped SS.

H4x:thumbup1:

StumpJumper
11-05-2009, 15:30
I have the same setup and the stock tarp is a diamond shape that covers the hammock only. As far as I know HH doesn't make a tarp that has doors/flaps on it. Speer, Warbonnet, JRB all make a tarp that have, or can be configured to have, doors.

HobieCat, Sorry I slightly hijacking your sale.

Just to add the HH exped is a nice setup and for $90 is a very reasonable price. If I needed another one I would buy it. (already have 3).

No problem Bob - thanks for lending the support.

Take-a-knee
11-05-2009, 15:57
Super Shelters turn up here used fairly often, one just sold with the last week. $80 for a Hennessy Hammock is a good deal indeed. I think I paid $90 for mine off ebay.

Stone
11-05-2009, 18:01
I've sent this on to a friend who has shown interest in hanging. I wish I had the extra cash right now.....

srestrepo
11-05-2009, 18:43
pm sent on hammock

StumpJumper
11-05-2009, 22:35
Sold pending payment

Randy
11-06-2009, 12:22
I don't know if it ws just me or what, but I tried using Pay Pal this morning for the first time,,,, after about 2 hours, I called customer service, they wanted my bank account information,,,,,,, That didn't happen.

Randy

beep
11-06-2009, 12:38
Randy, AFAIK, PayPal requires you to have a valid bank account. With a new account, they will "test" it by making a couple of small paperless deposits (less than a dollar) and you have to reply to them with the exact amount of the deposits by way of validation after you've gotten the deposits. This all takes a day or two.

That part of the process is normal for them, but I don't know what else you may have experienced. Their default payment source is your checking account, but you can designate credit card(s) as alternate payment sources.

StumpJumper
11-06-2009, 13:19
I don't know if it ws just me or what, but I tried using Pay Pal this morning for the first time,,,, after about 2 hours, I called customer service, they wanted my bank account information,,,,,,, That didn't happen.

Randy

Don't sweat it Randy. A money order is fine.

Randy
11-06-2009, 14:08
I just got back from the Post Office...
Thank you
Randy