PDA

View Full Version : standard tarp or hex tarp

mbiraman
11-06-2009, 20:21
Hey guys;
Its looking like i'm getting the HH Explorer UL and i'm wondering, i'm probably not going to do any winter camping so should i bother getting the Hex???. Should i get the standard and then if i decide to winter camp make my own or buy another for that purpose. It looks to me like the Hex gets in the way of the bottom entry compared to the standard. Need help deciding. Thanks in advance.
mbiraman

dowilliamson
11-06-2009, 20:24
I had the stock tarp for the Hennessy and I was able to get the Hex tarp used via Hammock Forums. The Hex Tarp will give you more coverage. When I used the stock tarp I was concerned about getting wet if it rained.

BillyBob58
11-06-2009, 20:38
Hey guys;
Its looking like i'm getting the HH Explorer UL and i'm wondering, i'm probably not going to do any winter camping so should i bother getting the Hex???. Should i get the standard and then if i decide to winter camp make my own or buy another for that purpose. It looks to me like the Hex gets in the way of the bottom entry compared to the standard. Need help deciding. Thanks in advance.
mbiraman

I have used the stock small diamond tarp and many others with the HH Exp. I don't see much dif as far as the bottom entry goes.

koaloha05
11-06-2009, 20:44
Hex, for the additional weight it's worth it. More protection for other gear, changing, cooking, just hanging around when the weather is less than ideal.