PDA

View Full Version : Thinking

markglist
11-08-2015, 18:46
I'm thinking of getting a pea pod for winter camping and would like feed back from anyone who owns one , like is there lots of condensation , how true are the ratings , and if you had to do it again is there anything you would add that's different.

Thanks Mark

Porter Rockwell
11-09-2015, 09:55
Hello:
First, TTT's stuff is superb in terms of materials, quality of construction and their customer service will make you very comfortable. Take the time to CALL and discuss your needs. Their experience is extensive and they KNOW what works.

I considered the Pea, but got the Polar for LENGTH. Tried mine in several nights of below freezing, RAINY+snowy conditions and found no condensation issues IF YOU HAVE A FUNCTIONING BREATHING TUNNEL. I wear a fleece balaclava and down hood with no problems. For very cold, sub-zero nughts you should have a face cover IN ADDITION TO THE BALACLAVA. Check SHUG's "Frozen Butt Hang, UTUBE vid's. AND test your setup BEFOREHAND.

Regards,
Kevin Tinny

Dutch
11-09-2015, 10:33
My Pea pod is one of my treasured pieces of gear. The only trick is getting your breath out and that is easy. Talk to them first and make sure you are getting exactly what you want. The guys are very helpful and willing tot put in the time to make sure your order is perfect.

markglist
11-09-2015, 13:39
thanks guys for your input i really appreciate it.

goobie
12-13-2015, 19:11
Did you end up going this route?? The thought has crossed my mind. Price is a big factor for me, having never seen one in person.

markglist
01-06-2016, 20:21
no, i went the top quilt and bottom quilt route, i got a 0 degree top and bottom quilt with 3 extra ounces of down in each

Porter Rockwell
01-07-2016, 07:43
no, i went the top quilt and bottom quilt route, i got a 0 degree top and bottom quilt with 3 extra ounces of down in each

Thanks for the update.
Please let us know how it all works. Remember to study SHUG's vids.
Regards.

goobie
04-04-2016, 22:22
Resurrecting an old thread, as I'm contemplating going the pod route.

How versatile are either of the pods? My thoughts are using a pod down to it's rating and then supplementing with the quilts I already own. Is there room inside these pods to do that? Has anyone hung an UQ outside this if there's not? Should I forget the quilts and go for maximum overstuff with a pod for deep winter, as in WELL below zero?? Will an overstuffed polarpod limit me to a pulk because there wont be room left in my pack?