PDA

View Full Version : Amsteel Blue Discount code!

Pages : [1] 2

Amsteel House
11-09-2009, 14:59
Greetings members, I wanted everyone to know that I really appreciate the members patronage lately, I have been working with our staff here to understand your needs better and work towards the best service and pricing for Amsteel Blue. I have brought in the available colors from our supplier Samson Rope in 1/8'' and 7/64'' to better fill the needs. The color choices are Black, Silver, Red, Yellow, Orange & Green and the ol standby Blue!.
I have also added a discount code to be used by only the Hammock forum members offering a discount. If you go to http://www.reddenmarine.com/amsteelblue/
Once you have chosen the line and have moved to the checkout you can enter the discount code "Hammockforum" and the discount will appear on the total page.;) We have also reduced the weights and fixed a problem with our freight calculator so now you can choose USPS and most orders will be 4.95 anywhere USA.
Again I appreciate everyone on the forum, and looking forward to my first REAL Hammock soon!
Thanks again everyone!
Amsteel House

sulman
11-09-2009, 15:03
Very, very nice. Thank you.

Running Feather
11-09-2009, 15:04
Kool! n

sulman
11-09-2009, 15:09
And it works great! 100 feet of black 7/64 on the way for 19 bucks.

animalcontrol
11-09-2009, 15:11
7/64 BLACK - $0.15/FT
17.5 cents/ft shipped....nice! (for 150')

Perkolady
11-09-2009, 15:11
Wow, thanks! This is great news to diy gear junkies! :D

Oooooh,,black ! :)

cavscout
11-09-2009, 15:28
Woo Hoo! I didn't really neeeeeeeed whoopie slings but hey, why not? 200' coming soon to my gear locker! Thanks guys!

john30563
11-09-2009, 16:07
Heck yeah!! I'll be grabbing some up for my kiddie's hammocks before long. Should of just got it with my spool of zing it that came in today from Redden!! Thanks guys!!

CajunHiker
11-09-2009, 16:10
Is this a standing offer or only for a limited time?

Shug
11-09-2009, 16:30
Whoooooo buddy. Very Nice.
Shug

Redden Web
11-09-2009, 17:07
In case Amsteel House (Craig) doesn't get back to this today:

The code is currently good through the end of the year.

When he says most orders are $4.95 shipping, that is Priority Mail and represents most of the orders we've seen so far for a couple hundred feet of Amsteel 7/64" or less. I've had a few people stop looking once they see the UPS rate and Priority Mail is further down in the list.

With all of the new colors and lines coming out, if you put some rope in your cart and the shipping seems out of whack, please PM me or email me directly with the item and the ZIP code you were trying so I can test it. The most likely culprit is that the weight was just entered or updated incorrectly and I can at least review it.

Thank you all for your feedback. It has really helped me zero in on some issues with ultra-lightweight products in our shipping calculation that really hadn't been reviewed for years. Feel good that at least one company heard your concerns about shippping costs and made a change for the better of all customers.

Yes, I will continue to work on the flat rate boxes! :)

Thank you all again for the business and the feedback.

Regards,
Scott Blanchard
[email protected]
www.reddenmarine.com/amsteelblue

moski
11-09-2009, 17:42
Greetings members, I wanted everyone to know that I really appreciate the members patronage lately, I have been working with our staff here to understand your needs better and work towards the best service and pricing for Amsteel Blue. I have brought in the available colors from our supplier Samson Rope in 1/8'' and 7/64'' to better fill the needs. The color choices are Black, Silver, Red, Yellow, Orange & Green and the ol standby Blue!.
I have also added a discount code to be used by only the Hammock forum members offering a discount. If you go to http://www.reddenmarine.com/amsteelblue/
Once you have chosen the line and have moved to the checkout you can enter the discount code "Hammockforum" and the discount will appear on the total page.;) We have also reduced the weights and fixed a problem with our freight calculator so now you can choose USPS and most orders will be 4.95 anywhere USA.
Again I appreciate everyone on the forum, and looking forward to my first REAL Hammock soon!
Thanks again everyone!
Amsteel House

Do you ship overseas ?
To Sweden for example :D

bonsaihiker
11-09-2009, 20:11
You guys were great to deal with--thank you very much!

john30563
11-09-2009, 23:42
You guys were great to deal with--thank you very much!

Yeah, I wish I'd of bought more!!! I will in a few weeks. Thanks guys!:D:D

nobanjo15
11-10-2009, 07:19
Do you ship overseas ?
Or the UK?

Redden Web
11-10-2009, 11:31
Do you ship overseas ?

Redden Marine does ship overseas, but not through the web site.

General contact info:
http://www.reddenmarine.com/site/contact_us.cfm

If you want the person who handles most of the web orders, then
email [email protected]. She'll be familiar with the Hammock
Forums of course. :)

Regards,
Scott Blanchard, IT
www.reddenmarine.com

moski
11-10-2009, 11:46
Redden Marine does ship overseas, but not through the web site.

General contact info:
http://www.reddenmarine.com/site/contact_us.cfm

If you want the person who handles most of the web orders, then
email [email protected]. She'll be familiar with the Hammock
Forums of course. :)

Regards,
Scott Blanchard, IT
www.reddenmarine.com

Great!

Ewker
11-10-2009, 11:50
kind of expensive for guy lines isn't it?

animalcontrol
11-10-2009, 11:52
kind of expensive for guy lines isn't it?
you could use for guylines, I guess...talk about overkill
who is using if for guylines?

Cannibal
11-10-2009, 12:20
you could use for guylines, I guess...talk about overkill
who is using if for guylines?
I've got some holding a bird feeder. Does that count?:D
It was all I had laying around and I was too lazy to go to Lowes.

Knotty
11-10-2009, 12:39

Good idea. You never know when a pterodactyl will visit the feeder. :laugh:

Cannibal
11-10-2009, 12:48
Good idea. You never know when a pterodactyl will visit the feeder. :laugh:
Always be prepared. :D

nobanjo15
11-10-2009, 14:02
Thank you. I will be in touch within the week.

Cannibal
11-10-2009, 17:55
You people have ordered too much Amsteel. :tongueup:

Now I've got to wait for the truck to come in so they can fill my order. No biggie, as this order was just to replenish my personal stock. But, I did want to take a moment to say how friendly they are there. If you haven't spoken with the lady that fills the orders, you should. She is a whoot! :laugh:

SlowBro
11-12-2009, 20:06
WOW! I ordered from Redden Marine at 8p.m. on the 9th. They shipped my order the next day and I got it today the 12th. The transaction was easy on the web and the 5% discount code was much appreciated. Thanks. Good folks to do business with.

clearskyblue
11-12-2009, 20:49
I was very impressed with the manner of this company despite them not delivering to he UK nia there website.Craig was very helpful.

Shadowmoss
11-12-2009, 23:35
Hey Amsteel House guys: I am semi local, just down the road in the Ft. Lewis/Tacoma area. I own at least 5 hammocks (maybe 7 at this point, and I'm about to get yet another one). I can demo all shapes and sizes. Offer me a place to hang overnight and I'll wander up with my stash of hammock gear, and my Molly Mac Pack, and you will see and hear more about the state of the art of hammock camping than you ever thought possible...

PM works well for me, since I don't always see threads in a timely manner.

mtbikernate
12-30-2009, 02:48
man! I wish I would have seen this before I ordered 100' yesterday. :rolleyes:

chickenwing
12-30-2009, 10:27
Y'all are awesome! Best customer service I have experienced in a long time. Thanks.

Widerstand
12-31-2009, 09:48
Hmmm... I just tried to check out and it said "Expired discount code (Hammockforum)".

Frawg
12-31-2009, 10:08
Hmmm... I just tried to check out and it said "Expired discount code (Hammockforum)".
Same here. Oh, well... some other time, maybe.

...it was a nice gesture on Redden's part, though. I shoulda been quicker. :)

Widerstand
12-31-2009, 10:14
Same here. Oh, well... some other time, maybe.

Damnit... Well that's not good.... I guess ill be waiting to see if they ever do a discount code again...

SmokeBait
12-31-2009, 10:21
Bummer. I just missed the cut off as placed an online order on Christmas day and the discount was still valid as was the $4.95 USPS shipping. BTW, I received my Amsteel yesterday, 12/30, so quick service from Redden Marine. I'm going to send them an email asking as to what happened to the "hammockforum" discount.

edit: email sent to Redden Marine customer service asking about the status of the discount code. Will let y'all know what I hear back.

stumo

SlowBro
12-31-2009, 11:10

The discount was 5% so if you ordered a $100 worth of rope (which is a lot of rope, at least fo me ) then you would just make up the shipping cost. I bought 165 feet total of a couple of different kinds of rope and saved $1.75. Ok, but not amazing. Still a very nice gesture. Their stock prices I think are very good anyway.

TZBrown
12-31-2009, 13:41
I just got off the phone with Graig from Redden Marine. I ordered 300 ft and some Zing it, and I believe he gave me the discount. If you call it will work out

SmokeBait
01-05-2010, 16:06
I received an email back from Redden Marine stating that the discount code had expired but that they have reinstated it. So just enter discount code "hammockforum" in the coupon area at checkout and the discount will be applied. It's not a huge discount but very thoughtful of them.

stumo

BigJim
01-12-2010, 16:39
Thanks Redden I've got 50' coming. The discount helps big time.

HamMike
01-12-2010, 22:51
Dang I just ordered 100 ft of AB grey saturday from some other place.

Redden Web
02-12-2010, 20:56
I was notified today by our purchasing deparment that the new pricing (and yes, sorry, it is an increase) rolled through the system today. Sorry about that, but at least a few of you got your orders in under the wire today.

The 'Hammockforum' code is still valid though (currently the end of March).

We really appreciate your business!

Best regards,
Scott
Redden Marine

GaHammockGuy
04-02-2010, 16:22
I just ordered 100' of the 7/64" BLACK and the code is no good.... but even still.....
0.21 per foot is the best I've seen yet so I ordered it anyhow....

WOOOO WHOOOOOO gonna be hangin' safe this year!!

Running Feather
04-02-2010, 16:37
I think it's a beat. 16 cents to 21 cents. Do the math :(

DavidWa
04-03-2010, 00:14
Post 39 in this thread from I think Feb stated that the discount was good until the end of March.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=209851&postcount=39

I placed an order on Mar 30th, used the discount code and received the discount.

I received the line I ordered yesterday April 2nd. The discount covered about half of the shipping cost. Received the discount and delivery 3 days later. So no complaints and good service.

Perhaps they will reinstate the discount again as they did before , in I think Jan. I think previously the discount had expired at the end of Dec. 2009.

D

GaHammockGuy
04-03-2010, 08:56
Im still willing to pay the .21 per foot because it is a lot cheaper then the .45 per foot in town and the .34 per foot cost elsewhere online.

Thank for this original post letting us know about this great site.
I will be buying more later and in DIFFERENT COLORS

Wooooo WhooooooPie Slings

Shadowmoss
04-03-2010, 11:20
Ok, guys, I'll be the test order. The guy at work asked me yesterday if I'd 'bought any of that string yet' and now we need an order to kick-start the discount code again. I'll call right now...

Shadowmoss
04-03-2010, 11:30
Sales guys don't work on Saturdays. Bummer. Ok, I'll try to remember to call on Monday. This is why I never get this order in...

GaHammockGuy
04-05-2010, 15:21
WOW I already received my order the 100' length came in this little box... i can't believe it has a 1600LB strength..... WOW..... I cant wait to make a whoopie sling.... this is awesome stuff

GaHammockGuy
04-06-2010, 07:03
Whoopie Slings made, tested, and passed. This stuff is quite durable. While making the slings, I found that my scissors ALMOST would not cut it... this is somes wicked strong stuff.... time to order more.

Please let us know about the discount if it can be reinstated.

pndwind
04-06-2010, 23:18
code is working

Shadowmoss
04-07-2010, 22:32
I finally called and placed my order yesterday. I talked to the web guy since I asked for someone who was familiar with Hammockforums. He said he's given the discount to anyone who tried to enter it, even if it said it didn't work. Craig keeps extending it as long as we keep buying. It's a definite till the end of this month, anyway. My advice is to just call and talk to them if the code doesn't work.

My order was to go out today, so I'll have it by the end of the week, probably. They aren't that far away from me, one of the few times I can say that out here.

krugd
04-21-2010, 16:31
Put in an order for Amsteel and Zing-It today. Discount worked today. Next I learn to make Whoopies!:):)

GaHammockGuy
04-22-2010, 10:27
Well.....

Online, the code seems to be working, but I only got $1.00 the total cost.

Here is what the totals were:

Amsteel Blue 7/64", Green
SKU: AMRAMSTLBLU764GRN $0.20 $20.00
Sub Total $20.00
Discount Code (Hammockforum) - $1.00
GA: No Tax Charged $0.00
USPS Priority Mail $5.65
Current Total $24.65

I will call and look into it... Nobody knew anything about it so I got myself thrown into Craig's VM and I left him a msg.

Update more later...

sclittlefield
04-22-2010, 14:32
Well.....

Online, the code seems to be working, but I only got $1.00 the total cost.

The discount was for 5%. Of $20.00, 5% is $1.00. Looks like it worked fine.

hiker_DC
04-22-2010, 16:07
I ordered some Lash-It the other day from Redden (http://www.reddenmarine.com/). Just for kicks I put in the discount code. It worked. I am assuming that it will work for ordering any item and not just Amsteel.

GaHammockGuy
04-22-2010, 16:48
The discount was for 5%. Of $20.00, 5% is $1.00. Looks like it worked fine.

I understand.

I was under the impression that the discount was for $0.15 per foot, not a % discount. thanks for clearing it up.... time to order...

sclittlefield
04-22-2010, 20:34
I understand.

I was under the impression that the discount was for $0.15 per foot, not a % discount. thanks for clearing it up.... time to order...

Now that would be nice...

$0.15 was the price last year, before Samson did a very significant increase in their Amsteel pricing, which had to be passed on through the suppliers.

GaHammockGuy
04-23-2010, 08:13
Now that would be nice...

$0.15 was the price last year, before Samson did a very significant increase in their Amsteel pricing, which had to be passed on through the suppliers.

Such is the economy -cost of living going up... either way, $0.20 per foot is AWESOME!!! so thanks to the guys/gals at Redden Marine for the unbeatable prices.

I have another 100' coming to me soon. This time I will be trying to make some continuous loops for my prusik knots.

Happy Hanging everyone

Redden Web
04-26-2010, 13:37
Hi All,

We really appreciate the referrals we get from Hammock Forums, and those referrals keep on coming, so I'm going to jump in and just extend the Hammockforum code now until the end of May. Thank you again for considering Redden Marine when it comes to your Amsteel Blue needs or whatever else we carry that might help you out.

We hope you're enjoying the outdoors wherever you are.

Regards,
Scott

PS: hiker_DC was right that the code currently works for other products too.

Redden Web
05-20-2010, 11:25
Hammockforum code extended through June. I also added a variant with a lower-case 'h'. :)

I hope you're all having a great early summer!

Regards,
Scott

Redden Marine - Amsteel Blue (http://www.reddenmarine.com/amsteelblue/)

TOB9595
05-20-2010, 11:28
Thank you for continuing this Scott.
Tom

Redden Web
06-28-2010, 18:12
Hammockforum code extended through July. Thanks a lot, folks. :)

I hope you're all having a great summer! It's wetter than normal up here in Bellingham.

Regards,
Scott

TOB9595
06-28-2010, 23:19
Thank you Scott

Tom

ncffp163
07-09-2010, 00:54
Just placed an order with Redden and got the discount too. Thanks Scott!

Running Feather
07-09-2010, 02:37
Thank you Scott

obmit
07-10-2010, 18:28
Hammockforum code extended through July. Thanks a lot, folks. :)

I hope you're all having a great summer! It's wetter than normal up here in Bellingham.

Regards,
Scott

:( Dang, I wish I had seen this 15 minutes earlier. I just placed my order.

Redden Web
07-12-2010, 10:19
:( Dang, I wish I had seen this 15 minutes earlier. I just placed my order.

I caught your order and applied the code to it.

Thanks!

Scott

lizzie
07-12-2010, 19:58
Ordered 100 feet last week - got the buck off. Thanks!!

obmit
07-14-2010, 20:08
I caught your order and applied the code to it.

Thanks!

Scott

THANKS SCOTT!!!

I received my order today (fast shipping) and I've already made two whoopie slings.

Tim

Thase
07-16-2010, 07:25
Just placed my order. THANKS SCOTT!!

Ranman
07-20-2010, 22:46
Discount code is still working. Thanks.

Nightwalker
07-21-2010, 04:59
Hope it still works in a couple of days. I want to buy about 200 feet. Saving a couple of bucks here and there is a nice hobby! My wife has a saying about going a bit overboard when there's a big clearance sale. "Save more money!"

Edit: It still works! 200 feet should do me for awhile. :-)

Redden Web
07-27-2010, 11:01
Hello all,

New Business:

The Hammockforum code is extended through September 1st. Thanks so much for your business and referrals. Until the new sales manager tells me otherwise, I'm just going to keep extending the code each month as long as the sales support it. Also, the code does work on your whole order. I know there's some new members who may not know that. :D

Housekeeping:

Craig ('Amsteel House') is no longer with Redden Marine, but we have a new sales manager, Mike Reese [email protected], and you can still contact Sparrow Trott [email protected]. I get PM's through the site, but if it's a sales question you're really better off going through one of them. Sparrow is more familiar with who you are, so that might be the first choice. I'm just the propeller-head (nerd) who knows where the discount codes get updated, but I try to keep you updated when I can. ;)

Our purchasing department has also set up some SKUs for spools of the Amsteel Blue, which some of you might be interested in. Most of the orders are for cut pieces, but there are a few of you who order a spool's worth and write in the comments field that you want the spool. We're still integrating the parts into the site so it might be another couple of days before the inventory is sync'd up.

I haven't personally checked to see how the price and shipping compare, but I know there is a little price break and I have to think that has to be offset somewhat by the weight of the spool. If something looks grossly out of whack, email me [email protected] or Sparrow and we'll see if it is correct or someone fumble-fingered a weight. The shipping department will hurt me if I suggest unspooling the line so forget about that! :eek:

A reminder that shipping tends to be a little lower if you order through the site versus calling it in.

Best regards and I hope you're all enjoying the summer.

I'll be back to the short 'code extended' post next month. ;)

Scott

Crutches
07-27-2010, 11:13
I placed an order last week. Got the discount, and my amsteel showed up saturday. I'm verry happy. :thumbup:

mtncmpr
07-28-2010, 11:53
Thank you Scott for the update.

WonderMonkey
07-28-2010, 12:24
Scott this is a great way to help out the community AND drive some business your way. If businesses can do both then great things happen.

WonderMonkey
08-02-2010, 14:54
Order placed. Even without a discount the prices are very good.

Lonely Raven
08-04-2010, 09:43
I stumbled into this thread yesterday while searching how to make woopie lines myself (thanks for the great threads Opie), and I already had about 80' of material in the shopping cart. Good timing!

Looking forward to seeing the material and learning how to work it.

Thanks for the discount code, it is very much appreciated!

WonderMonkey
08-05-2010, 21:13
Order placed. Even without a discount the prices are very good.

Order received! This must have been shipped before I even placed the order! Awesome!

Now I have to figure out what to do with all this.

Michael J
08-13-2010, 20:54
Thanks Scott. Placed my order before I even knew about the discount. Like Wonder Monkey, I will have to figure out what to do with all this cordage.

Again, thanks very muchly!

Mike

amilykovic
09-09-2010, 15:39
Thanks, I just placed the order, now to wait by the window watching for the mailman.

tiger1dd
09-09-2010, 18:37
great deal- thanks!

DeeGore
09-09-2010, 19:29
I got 200ft last week. shipping was very fast. I dig black whoopies. thanks

Silverlion
09-09-2010, 21:51
I'll be ordering mine in a week! Thanks for the deal!

Kaminari
09-10-2010, 02:01
What are the odds!? I placed an order a few hours before this post!

Redden Web
09-13-2010, 11:33
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be out of the office toward the end of this month and next, so I'm going to take it on faith and the Hammockforum code is extended through November 1st. :) Thanks so much for your business and referrals over the last year. Until the new sales manager tells me otherwise, I'm just going to keep extending the code each month as long as the sales support it.

Also, the code does work on your whole order and that's on purpose. I mention that because periodically we get a member here contacting us that's worried about buying gloves or a sweatshirt or something with no rope in the order and doesn't want to be a bad egg or jeopardize the code for others. It's fine. :) That's just some housekeeping for the new members (welcome aboard, folks).

As our staff sees orders come through with, shall we say... variant spellings... of the code :), they're trying their best to readjust the discount code on the order to help things along. For example, an order came through overnight with one 'm' in Hammockforum so they adjusted the order before it is picked and the discount will be applied.

Lastly, a reminder that while I might be the 'face' (note to self: get avatar) of the company for these posts these days, it really is Sparrow ([email protected]) that makes the magic happen with your orders and she's a much better contact.

Best regards,
Scott

KerMegan
09-13-2010, 12:07
Thanks for the extension..really must get my order in one of these days..KM

gunner76
09-13-2010, 14:23
thanks for all your support

kitesurfer
09-14-2010, 06:00
i got my yellow from your guys...estremely fast shipping! and thanks for the discount too!!!!

Kokak
10-01-2010, 18:39
Dang... I saw this too late. I just received 156' in Yellow, Orange and Red today...

Will definitely use this next time... and there will be a next time...

MAD777
10-01-2010, 18:59
Scott,

Thanks to you and Sparrow for your support of the HammockForums community.

I will be ordering Amsteel as well as Zing-it this month. I'm going to the Texas hang in November and I think I'll take along a wad of Amsteel so that I can play with it amonst the seasoned experts. Also, I will be making another tarp, and since I like to leave the guy lines attached to my tarps, I will need more Zing-it.

Kokak
10-03-2010, 00:16
Well dang...

Just made 3 sets of Whoopie slings and matching Ridge Lines this afternoon... so I had to order some more Amsteel since I am all out.

Thanks for the discount... :D

Rawhide
10-03-2010, 02:38
How do I order amsteel when I live in Sweden? in the order form it says only United States.:confused::confused:

Stavros
10-03-2010, 05:12
How do I order amsteel when I live in Sweden? in the order form it says only United States.:confused::confused:

You can send a mail directly to Sparrow at Redden Marine.
[email protected]

But before you do that we need to discuss how much to buy since I wan´t to buy at the same time.........
We should probably ask Joz and Moski if they want to join.

I´ve already been in touch with Sparrow so if you want I can make the order.

Topplestack
10-05-2010, 22:08
It's always nice to know that someone appreciates your business.

2.ooohhh
10-15-2010, 16:52
WOW! I ordered 60 ft. of Amsteel for my whoopies from Redden Marine on Tuesday afternoon and found it was in my mailbox yesterday(Thursday) I have rarely had a product ordered over the internet arrive that fast with standard shipping and amazon barely matches it when I pay extra to upgrade to 2 day! The rope is exactly as ordered, was well priced, and expediently shipped.

Thanks for the Amsteel!

Erik

kitsunegames
11-01-2010, 18:05
"Expired discount code (Hammockforum) - $0.00"

:(

vpi99
11-01-2010, 18:17
"Expired discount code (Hammockforum) - $0.00"

:(

I just placed an order as well. I did however ask in the comment area if I couls still receive the discount. I'll let people know if I hear anything.

STinGa
11-02-2010, 12:18
I just ordered some amsteel and the discount code worked for me. Don't know what was different between yesterday and today. I typed in the code, crossed my fingers, and was happy to see the discount. Not a large order by any means, but the discount was enough to pay for the short piece I bought to pratice with.

Thanks!!!

STinGa

kc7fys
11-02-2010, 12:38
My wife used it to double our clothesline. Overkill? Yes. But peace always comes at a price. I'll buy.

jeepcachr
11-02-2010, 12:42
My wife used it to double our clothesline. Overkill? Yes. But peace always comes at a price. I'll buy.

That's going to be an expensive clothes line. Prolonged exposure to UV will cause amsteel to break down. You might want to swap it out while it's still good before your wifes clothes come crashing down.

tbctx
11-03-2010, 12:30
I just ordered some amsteel and the discount code worked for me. Don't know what was different between yesterday and today. I typed in the code, crossed my fingers, and was happy to see the discount. Not a large order by any means, but the discount was enough to pay for the short piece I bought to pratice with.

Thanks!!!

STinGa

He said earlier that he was going to be out of town for a while and had set it through Nov. 1st while he was gone. So you caught it and they didn't, have to wait until he comes back or email sparrow about it and ask since its them that does the actual stuff if memory serves.

Lonely Raven
11-03-2010, 13:13
That's going to be an expensive clothes line. Prolonged exposure to UV will cause amsteel to break down. You might want to swap it out while it's still good before your wifes clothes come crashing down.

I was wondering about that myself...I was thinking about leaving a line setup on my deck long term for quick(er) tarp setups.

What would I use instead of Lash-It then?

vpi99
11-04-2010, 07:32
He said earlier that he was going to be out of town for a while and had set it through Nov. 1st while he was gone. So you caught it and they didn't, have to wait until he comes back or email sparrow about it and ask since its them that does the actual stuff if memory serves.

I just asked for the discount in special instructions field and they applied it. Great service and I'm sure that it will be here soon.

Darkside
11-04-2010, 11:38
Have any of the UK members bought any Amsteel from Redden yet? If so could you PM me with a rough idea of what the Postage / Custom charges were please? As I am looking to get a few bits but don't want to pay silly money or waste Sparrows time.

Redden Web
11-04-2010, 14:34
Hi everyone,

I can't apologize enough for the delay, but the Hammockforum code has been extended through the end of the year! I did manage to get the discount on the one or two orders where people mentioned that the code wasn't working, and I really sorry if I missed anyone.

While I was out of town (the reason I extended the code two months last time instead of one), I was mugged and took a bit of a thrashing. The recovery put me off my game a little and I overlooked my notification to do the extension. I'm totally recovered now (a nice scar through the brow adds mystique, right? :P) and we should be back on track.

The code is extended for two months while I get all caught back up and so we don't interfere with any potential holiday shopping toward year-end. ;)

As always, if you have special requests or are international, feel free to email [email protected]

Redden Marine has been doing this over a year now! Thank you all so much for your business!

Best regards,
Scott
Redden Marine Amsteel Blue (http://www.reddenmarine.com/amsteelblue/)

Lonely Raven
11-04-2010, 14:37
Hi everyone,

I can't apologize enough for the delay, but the Hammockforum code has been extended through the end of the year! I did manage to get the discount on the one or two orders where people mentioned that the code wasn't working, and I really sorry if I missed anyone.

While I was out of town (the reason I extended the code two months last time instead of one), I was mugged and took a bit of a thrashing. The recovery put me off my game a little and I overlooked my notification to do the extension. I'm totally recovered now (a nice scar through the brow adds mystique, right? :P) and we should be back on track.

The code is extended for two months while I get all caught back up and so we don't interfere with any potential holiday shopping toward year-end. ;)

As always, if you have special requests or are international, feel free to email [email protected]

Redden Marine has been doing this over a year now! Thank you all so much for your business!

Best regards,
Scott

Wow Scott, that's a hell of a story! I'm hoping you recovered 100%?

I put my order in a couple days ago...I'm pretty sure it took the forum code...I forgot to check honestly. I'll have to check my receipt.

Framling
11-04-2010, 15:06
I just ordered about 160' of 7/64 Amsteel (mix of black, orange) and some LashIt Line. I think my total hammockforum discount was as follows:

Sub Total $57.67
Discount Code (Hammockforum) - $2.88
Shipping (USPS Priority Mail) $9.55
Invoice Total $64.34

Yay for discounts!

amilykovic
11-09-2010, 09:29
Just placed an order, gots to love the discount.

VFR
12-29-2010, 16:38
Thanks,

Just ordered a spool of Lash-it. Got the discount. Yippee!!!!

ridgewalker
12-29-2010, 16:58
thanks for the heads up just put my order in now I have to try to make them

Redden Web
12-29-2010, 19:14
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the holidays!

The Hammockforum code has been extended through January, 2011! That's still 5% off the whole order.

As always, if you have special requests or are an international customer, feel free to email [email protected].

Thank you all so much for your business!

Have a Happy New Year!

Best regards,
Scott

Roadrunnr72
12-29-2010, 19:33
Thanks, I still haven't used the rest of my last order.

Rhino
01-17-2011, 13:35
Thanks RW picked up some cordage today, I appreciate the support over here at HF.

grok
01-29-2011, 18:56
LMAO! Just ordered some on a suggestion from that site and just stumbled on this thread! Oh well discount or not...

I'm doin' the whoopie dance!!! :)

Redden Web
02-01-2011, 11:55
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all holding up well if you're getting the brunt of some of the wild weather lately.

The Hammockforum code has been extended another month.

If you need a person to help with your order, like international delivery, please contact [email protected].

As always, thank you for your business!

Regards,
Scott

Syb
02-01-2011, 13:11
Excellent, just picked up some Zing-It, thanks for the discount.

Mat
02-16-2011, 14:59
Just placed an order with these guys over the phone, they were extreamly helpfull and international shipping was no problem! Thanks for the discount and I will certainly be coming back for more!!!:D

Danvandanne
02-16-2011, 19:25
I just ordered 100' monday and it shipped the same day. Thanks for the speedy service as well as the discount! I'll definitely be ordering again soon.

-Dan

MAD777
02-16-2011, 20:00
I agree that Redden Marine is the speediest outfit ever! I think they have Scottie's transporter from Star Trek!

Mat
02-21-2011, 05:03
I placed my international order on Thursday last week and it arrived here in the uk this morning!!! 3 working days for Intl postage.... Outstanding service! Time to get splicing I think:-D

CJK
02-27-2011, 17:02
Incredible. I can't get a first class letter cross country as quick as Redden can deliver an order.

Redden Web
02-28-2011, 19:41
Hi everyone,

Spring must be around the corner with the uptick in Hammock Forums orders I've been seeing roll through. I hope the snows have been receding wherever you are (unless you're into slinging in the snow!).

The comments about quick service are great for me to see and I'll be printing them off to read off at our monthly all-company meeting. I'm sure the warehouse team in particular will get a kick out of them!

The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through... let's see.. March 2011. Awesome.

If you need a person to help with your order, like international delivery, please contact [email protected]. However, Sparrow is going to be a mommy in a few months and so she'll be taking a break come summer time. I'll update you with the new contact person when I know who it is.

As always, we thank you for your business!

Regards,
Scott

Jazilla
03-01-2011, 08:51
Scott I must give great thanks to you guys over there. I am late with posting this but treatment from you was top notch. Not only did I get what I ordered but I seem to have gotten what the end of the roll on two of my orders. I ordered 25ft of grey and blue and I got 27ft of blue and 31ft of grey. I am very impressed with this and I will do all my ordering through you guys code or no.

Calico Jack
03-01-2011, 10:06
Just got 20' red and 20' green, Cant wait to try it out!

ChrisH
03-01-2011, 19:56
Just got 20' red and 20' green, Cant wait to try it out!

As soon as you get it you'll know that you didn't order enough. :D There is just too much fun stuff to make with amsteel! It gets really addicting really fast. I ordered 150ft and ran out very quickly after making whoopies, soft shackles, nacra biners, continous loops and locked brummels. :laugh:

Redden Marine, thank you so much for your quick shipping and great customer service! Oh, and the prices aren't bad either. :lol:

balloonatic
03-06-2011, 13:54
thanks for this deal last month i bought 100 feet since i was not sure what i would use it for, now after making whoopie suspensions and 6 more for my rain fly to act as tentions for the fly and a belt so i can always have some rope near me as i do a thru hike this summer on the a.t. I now am going toorder another 100 feet for a bear line and who knows for what else. this stuff is great.
balloonatic

Hi everyone,

Spring must be around the corner with the uptick in Hammock Forums orders I've been seeing roll through. I hope the snows have been receding wherever you are (unless you're into slinging in the snow!).

The comments about quick service are great for me to see and I'll be printing them off to read off at our monthly all-company meeting. I'm sure the warehouse team in particular will get a kick out of them!

The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through... let's see.. March 2011. Awesome.

If you need a person to help with your order, like international delivery, please contact [email protected]. However, Sparrow is going to be a mommy in a few months and so she'll be taking a break come summer time. I'll update you with the new contact person when I know who it is.

Regards,
Scott

TxAg13
03-28-2011, 02:22
Just ordered 60 feet; hoping to make my first two sets of whoopies! Thanks for the discount, Redden!

OrionFyre
03-28-2011, 09:53
I've turned quite a few people onto amsteel for various reasons and they all love it. Especially how well it performs as a constrictor. And everyone I show whoopie slings to gets a kick out of them.

Of those who have ordered online I send them to Redden because of the fast turn-around time and price. So far everyone has sung high-praise.

nyanderson
04-01-2011, 09:55
Wow - ordered on Tuesday and delivered on Thursday! New whoopies going on the HH this weekend!
Thanks to Redden for the excellent service and the discount!

Redden Web
04-04-2011, 13:35
Hi everyone,

I suppose I could have made an April Fools' joke about not extending the code, but that just doesn't seem right.

The team has been basking in the glow of your praise this last month. Thank you for the positive comments!

The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through April 2011.

If you need a person to help with your order, like international delivery, please contact Sparrow at [email protected]. This is likely the last month for a while for Sparrow as she is going to be a mommy in a few weeks. I'll update you with the new contact person when I know who it is.

As always, we thank you for your business! Whoopie! :D

Regards,
Scott

aboyd
04-04-2011, 14:49
Nice, just finished new whoopies for the Black Bird last night, time to make them for the two other hammocks. Thanks Redden Marine!!

Redden Web
04-28-2011, 09:51
Hi everyone,

I hope the weather is better wherever you are than it is here right now. Rain, rain, rain and the potential for the "latest" snow fall on record. Good grief.

The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through May 2011. That's 5% off your order for new folks.

If you need a person to help with your order, like international delivery, please contact Sparrow at [email protected]. This is very definitely the last month for a while for Sparrow as she is going to be a mommy in a couple of weeks. I'll update you with the new contact person when I know who it is.

Regards,
Scott

Rain Man
04-28-2011, 19:37
The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through May 2011. That's 5% off your order for new folks.

Thanks Scott. I just placed another order yesterday. I will remind folks that the code does NOT have an "s" on the end. It is not HammockForums, but is HammockForum. Might save someone some head scratching and using the Back button on an online order, which can sometimes be bad news.

And, Scott, Lang had to help me by phone with my order due to an invisible "Submit" button. He was super.

Rain Man

SpaceCadet
05-18-2011, 14:17
Order placed!

Redden Web
05-19-2011, 14:58
Hi everyone,

The sun is finally shining in Bellingham, WA and I hope this note finds you all well.

The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through June 2011. That's 5% off your order for new folks. We're announcing the extension a little early this month for two reasons: one is that the orders have been really rolling in with the season and the other is Sparrow's last day (see below)

If you need a person to help with your order, like international delivery, please contact Leslie at [email protected]. Sparrow is leaving in a few minutes to start her maternity leave and will be fully engaged in her role as a new mom into the fall (she'll be back part time then).

A little housekeeping, if an order comes through the queue and the discount code is an approximation of Hammockforum, we will clean it up to make sure the discount is applied.

Also, like Rain Man mentioned, there's been a few cases where the submit button falls just slightly below the visible space in certain browser configurations and I'm getting that cleaned up. Lange, who helped Rain Man, will be heading up to Alaska to help with the family's commercial fishing business, but Leslie, Jay or Casey are still manning the phones in the bull pen.

Regards,
Scott

5MinuteMajor
05-19-2011, 15:17
Just got my order from Redden yesterday!

Already made 3 whoopies so far.

Walksindarkness
05-19-2011, 21:29
Order placed. On with the addiction.:) Thank you!

Aven
05-31-2011, 13:36
Thanks. Order placed. Here's hoping that the sun comes back for more than a day or two and soon.

RootCause
05-31-2011, 14:01
<snip> The sun is finally shining in Bellingham, WA and I hope this note finds you all well.
The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through June 2011. That's 5% off your order for new folks. <snip>

Thanks for the extension! Order placed, discount applied.

And from my end: appreciation is sent, congrats on the sunshine, and best wishes to Sparrow! :)

DJPyro
05-31-2011, 16:00
Appreciate the discount! Placed my order via email (international shipping), just waiting on a reply to complete the transaction :D

3club
06-05-2011, 21:51
Thank you! I just placed my first order. Now I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Never thought I'd be so geeked about a spool of string! lol

3club
06-11-2011, 01:12
Discount code worked, rope shipped and arrived very quickly!

DJPyro
06-12-2011, 09:02
Found the communication lacking, and was unable to process my international order. Ended up getting some line through Backwoods Daydreamer. I paid a little bit more per foot on the line, but his shipping was cheaper and the communication was great.

I realize it's a busy company, and my call was responded to, but the communication between email and phone was lost, and I wasn't able to process my order in a timely or comfortable fashion. I love the colour selection, and will try again at a later date I suppose.

JaxHiker
06-13-2011, 13:02
Just ordered 160'.

Redden Web
06-13-2011, 16:03
Found the communication lacking, and was unable to process my international order. Ended up getting some line through Backwoods Daydreamer. I paid a little bit more per foot on the line, but his shipping was cheaper and the communication was great.

I realize it's a busy company, and my call was responded to, but the communication between email and phone was lost, and I wasn't able to process my order in a timely or comfortable fashion. I love the colour selection, and will try again at a later date I suppose.

Argh. Sorry to hear that, DJPyro.

I'll look at your order and talk to the sales team about it at this week's meeting. We're built more for domestic shipping right now when it comes to retail/web orders, unfortunately, but I'm working on a new website for later this year which should smooth out international shipping by.. you know.. offering it and putting it into the normal production queue, utilizing the automated emails, etc. I know it would be so much easier for our international customers to order through the web and not deal with time zones and so forth.

I really appreciate the extra effort you're making to place the order and will make sure the sales team responds in kind. We'll get there.

Regards,
Scott

DJPyro
06-13-2011, 23:19
Thanks for the response. Everyone I dealt with was pleasant, but I think it might've had to do with Leslie just getting started in the position. Like you mentioned, it's pretty hard to easily place an international order, when it's not an available option :D Glad to hear another company does take feedback into consideration. I'll definitely try again when I need some more.

Aven
06-18-2011, 00:01
Happily placed my second order.

Discount code still working.

Redden Web
06-27-2011, 14:13
Hey everyone,

I'm going to keep this brief because there is actual sunlight outside and we're all a little giddy here at Redden Marine. The Hammockforum code is extended through July 2011. That's 5% off your order, it doesn't have to be just rope. If you want gloves or a jacket or something, that's alright.

Switching gears, Sparrow had a little girl, Matia, and both are doing just great. Sparrow should be back in a couple of months, but until then feel free to keep contacting Leslie ([email protected]) if you need anything requiring a human (like an international order or stock check).

I'm putting the pieces together on a new site which should be able to handle international orders at the least and maybe some other odds and ends like loyalty points and so forth.

Thanks again for all your orders and I really hope you're out there having a great summer!

Best regards,
Scott

ewok
06-27-2011, 14:54
I ordered 200' of 7/64 amsteel blue on a wednesday and recieved it on friday. Great work Redden.

Raskusdrotti
06-27-2011, 15:40
Email sent to Leslie re: shipping to the UK...

Many thanks Scott.

pellet gun
06-27-2011, 15:57
very awesome, thanks!!

SteelerNation
06-28-2011, 15:19
Got my order quickly. Thanks!

wyleone
07-08-2011, 12:47
Yet another thanks for this discount.

nothermark
07-08-2011, 16:38
order went in yesterday. ;-)

jima59
07-14-2011, 05:48
I just ordered som amsteel using the code and its still good. Got 5% off i believe so it was a minor savings.

campacker
07-14-2011, 07:01
just ordered 150' of 1/8" glad to have off any amount

tyc221
07-20-2011, 16:25
Orderd 150' of the 1/8" recived it 5 days later, great price and service Thanks.

olddog
07-20-2011, 16:51
Just ordered the 18th, shipping confirmed the 19th, awaiting delivery.

Yukon
07-20-2011, 19:50
Ordered 100' on Monday, it's was in my mailbox today :)

raiffnuke
07-21-2011, 06:21
Ordered 100' on Monday, it's was in my mailbox today :)

Congrats! Now get to work making stuff! :lol::lol:

sonic
07-23-2011, 15:12
I have 50ft on the way, code is working. Thanx for the good deal!!

Acer
07-23-2011, 16:18
I just ordered a 100' of 1/8th and code worked for a small discount. However,,this place is way cheaper than APS for amsteel where I previously ordered from. Even the shipping is 4 bucks cheaper. Thanks for the leads and will buy mine from now on here. :D

Redden Web
07-26-2011, 10:34
Hey Everyone,

Here in Bellingham we just had what is likely to be our only day above 80 degrees this 'summer', so I hope you're all making the most of the weather wherever you are! I know a lot of the country is really cooking, so if you're in one of those hot spots remember to be safe.

I might be out of the office later this week for a long weekend, so I'm going to go ahead and extend the Hammockforum code through August right now. The code is for 5% off your order through the web site.

If you're an international customer or would like to check stock, feel free to contact Leslie ([email protected]) and she will get you taken care of.

Oh, and before I forget, Samson Rope has notified us of a price increase coming down the line at the beginning of September (might be some time in the first week). I don't have specifics at this point, other than it will impact all of their products. It's a bummer, but it happens. So please keep that in mind between now and the end of August!

Have a stellar day!

Regards,
Scott
Redden Marine Supply

obmit
07-30-2011, 14:18
Thanks for letting us know about the price increase Scott! I just placed an order for 200 ft of 7/64. That should last me a day or two.. :)

TN Cereal Killa
08-02-2011, 09:21
Thanks for letting us know about the price increase Scott! I just placed an order for 200 ft of 7/64. That should last me a day or two.. :)

I just ordered 200 feet also. Should get me through making 4 more DIY hammocks

TN Cereal Killa
08-04-2011, 23:50
I just ordered 200 feet also. Should get me through making 4 more DIY hammocks

Got mine today. Already made 4 sets of 10 foot whoopies out of it. Now just got 4 ridgelines to make

Netmonster
08-16-2011, 11:30
Ordered 100' today.. Code worked! Thanks.

Wags
08-16-2011, 20:29
i got mine. code worked and shipping was very fast.

Redden Web
08-24-2011, 16:33
Hey Everyone,
Oh, and before I forget, Samson Rope has notified us of a price increase coming down the line at the beginning of September (might be some time in the first week). I don't have specifics at this point, other than it will impact all of their products. It's a bummer, but it happens. So please keep that in mind between now and the end of August!

Hey folks,

I received an updated price list today and Amsteel (Blue) is not on it.

We have a call in to confirm, but it looks like the price on your favorite product may be holding steady.

See you next week when I post that the code has been extended. :D

Regards,
Scott

obmit
08-24-2011, 18:57
That is great news Scott! Thanks for keeping us informed and for the discount! :thumbup:

Bummer72
08-25-2011, 18:27
After way too much procrastination, I finally ordered 100' of 7/64 blue today!!! Can't wait to start playing and making some whoopies!!!!

I wonder what my wife would say if I told her I just spent twenty five bucks on 100 feet of "string"...

BTW, thanks for the Disc Code!!!!

Buffalo Skipper
09-28-2011, 15:57
Is the discount code still good? I need to order some and don't want to have to go the the local retailer (which shall remain un-named).

Please advise. Thanks.

UncleMJM
09-28-2011, 16:00
Is the discount code still good? I need to order some and don't want to have to go the the local retailer (which shall remain un-named).

Please advise. Thanks.

I spoke with someone there today and was told the code is still good.

Buffalo Skipper
09-28-2011, 16:41
Thanks. I will have to go back through the thread to find the latest code.

perrito
09-28-2011, 17:40
It worked for me a month ago.
:D

SpaceCadet
09-29-2011, 06:37
the code is hammockforum note there is no s.

Buffalo Skipper
09-29-2011, 08:32
Again, thanks. I will definately be ordering some in colors. Any comments on how they run? I recall some folks here were talking about that a year ago or so. I want to use red or some other bright color. What colors run/bleed more or less than others? I have been using the standard silver until now.

Redden Web
09-29-2011, 09:36
Hi everyone,

The sun is shining and the leaves are turning in Bellingham, WA and I hope this note finds you all well.

The Hammockforum code has been extended another month so that is through October 2011. That's 5% off your order for new folks.

If you need a person to help with your order, like international delivery, please contact Sparrow at [email protected] or Leslie at [email protected]. Sparrow is back 3/4 time after her maternity leave and Leslie is here pretty much every day.

A little housekeeping, if an order comes through the queue and the discount code is an approximation of Hammockforum, we will clean it up to make sure the discount is applied.

Have a great autumn and, as always, we thank you for your business!

Regards,
Scott

Buffalo Skipper
09-29-2011, 09:57
Thanks Scott, I was hoping you would chime in on this. :)

I have not ordered from you yet, but your reputation is every bit as good as the other vendors on who are active on the site. I look forward to doing business with you.

SpaceCadet
09-30-2011, 08:52
Does the code only discount Amsteel Blue or will it work for Zing-it too?

Moradiss
09-30-2011, 10:33
When clicking on the button to order by the foot, I get a message saying product is not available. Does Redden Marine only sell 600ft spools?

SpaceCadet
09-30-2011, 11:09
When clicking on the button to order by the foot, I get a message saying product is not available. Does Redden Marine only sell 600ft spools?

try this link

http://www.reddenmarine.com/marine-supplies.cfm/multipurpose-amsteel-blue/samson-rope-amstlblu12/amsteel-blue-1-2-foot-blue.html

Moradiss
09-30-2011, 12:03
Thanks, Spacecadet. Is there a difference between 8 strand and 12 strand amsteel for making whoopie slings? The local west marine to me has 12 strand, but it's almost double the price

RootCause
09-30-2011, 12:08
Thanks, Spacecadet. Is there a difference between 8 strand and 12 strand amsteel for making whoopie slings? The local west marine to me has 12 strand, but it's almost double the price

Moradiss,
7/64" is 8-stranded, 1/8" and up is 12-stranded. There's no difference in whoopie sling construction, just the differnence in breaking strength. Be aware that the fid or wire you use for 1/8" stuff may be too big for working with the 7/64" stuff. There are a couple threads on the forum that discuss this. I use a guitar high E string for my work and it's great/easy. Haven't gone with any Amsteel bigger than 7/64" yet....

DemostiX
09-30-2011, 12:19
I buy locally from a large West Marine. A smaller one carries no Amsteel.

West Marine price matches. They say so on their web page.

Just insist, and give them the web page URL for Redden Marine. They can (likely) look it up right at the register.
I don't push for the 5% HF discount, as I'm not paying shipping charges, either.

Cali
09-30-2011, 12:37
I still need to learn how to make whoopie slings, but a great deal for me to start. I hope to learn at the Santee Hang this weekend.

Cali
09-30-2011, 12:38
what is the difference between amsteel and zing-it? I said I was a newbie!! :)

DemostiX
09-30-2011, 13:00
Zing-It (and Lash-It) is a particular small single braid cord from Samson Rope made with 8 strands of Amsteel fiber, in two weights. Neither are strong enough to hang a 180+ lb adult from with what is accepted as an adquate safety margin.

Amsteel in various grades (AS 75, 78,90) and following different processing is the currently best-selling and branded name of the UHMWPE fiber that was preceeded in the market by Spectra.

Diameter for diameter, Amsteel has about the same strength and stretch properties of high-grade steel wire. Since its density is about that of water, it has about eight times the strength, by weight, of steel wire. For order of magnitude comparison: Its strength is about twice that of high-grade polyester or dacron fiber. It is very slippery, and so abrasion-resistant. But, it holds knots very poorly.

Extensive archival discussion here and on the general www.

Cali
09-30-2011, 13:13
Thank you, I'll look into it. :)

harrell79cj5
09-30-2011, 13:46
Again, thanks. I will definately be ordering some in colors. Any comments on how they run? I recall some folks here were talking about that a year ago or so. I want to use red or some other bright color. What colors run/bleed more or less than others? I have been using the standard silver until now.

I dont know if its so much runs(as in when it rains) as the color rubs off some on your hands when working with it. I have only used the original grey and yellow. The gray does rub off some, but not bad and the yellow seems to not rub off at all! Of course that could be just because I cant see the yellow as good on my hands.

Moradiss
09-30-2011, 14:27
Moradiss,
7/64" is 8-stranded, 1/8" and up is 12-stranded. There's no difference in whoopie sling construction, just the differnence in breaking strength. Be aware that the fid or wire you use for 1/8" stuff may be too big for working with the 7/64" stuff. There are a couple threads on the forum that discuss this. I use a guitar high E string for my work and it's great/easy. Haven't gone with any Amsteel bigger than 7/64" yet....

Thanks, I think my confusion is just too much reading and youtube videos at one time

Redden Web
10-28-2011, 10:21
Hey Everyone,

The Hammockforum code is extended through November. The code is for 5% off your entire order through the web site.

If you're an international customer or would like to check stock, feel free to contact Leslie ([email protected]) or Sparrow ([email protected]) and they will get you taken care of.

Thank you for pointing out the broken 'by foot' link, that has been fixed.

Sorry this is so brief, but we're trying to wrap up a phenomenal October.

Have a stellar day!

Regards,
Scott
Redden Marine Supply

Redden Web
11-16-2011, 13:42
Hello everyone,

My warehouse manager has informed me that we have built up some remnants in Amsteel Blue which he would like clean up.

If you're interested, just call and talk to Rebekah (who normally answers the phone) at 800-426-9284 and she'll have the below list and the pricing at hand. We're not stacking a 5% discount on top of these particular remnants, but I've knocked the prices down.

Note: She is at lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm PST

This is all Amsteel Blue.

We are filling orders every day, so some of these remnants may disappear, but I'll try to keep the list up to date for the next week and then we'll probably shut this down and just blow them out in our store. We just wanted you all to have first chance.

Size, Color, Lengths Available, Price per Foot

1/8" Blue, Pieces: 24ft, 23ft, 20ft @ .25 per foot
1/8" Black, Pieces: 38ft, 11ft, 9 ft @ .25 per foot
1/8" Orange, Pieces: 34ft, 16ft @ .25 per foot
1/8" Red, Pieces: 37ft, 29ft @.25 per foot
1/8" Silver, Pieces: 59ft, 59ft, 34ft @.25 per foot
1/8" Yellow, Pieces: 31ft, 31ft @.25 per foot
7/64" Blue, Pieces: 77ft, 71ft, 69ft, 65ft, 20ft, 19ft, 17ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Black, Pieces: 98ft, 50ft, 23ft, 17ft, 9ft, 8 ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Green, Pieces: 75ft, 45ft, 15ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Orange, Pieces: 94ft, 55ft, 50ft, 25ft, 23ft, 19ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Red, Pieces: 30ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Silver, Pieces: 36ft, 33ft, 18ft, 10ft, 10ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Yellow, Pieces: 66ft, 63ft, 50ft @ .15 per foot

SteelerNation
11-16-2011, 14:02
Just ordered some and Rebekah was really nice. Thanks so much for the deals! I was thinking about ordering some more and you kicked me into action :)

SN

Kodiak1
11-16-2011, 14:16
Thanks, Will be ordering some.

Badchef
11-16-2011, 14:43
THANKS!

Just got the 96' & 24' in black. Rebekah was awesome. Now to make my very first whoopie slings!

Cali
11-16-2011, 15:01
Just got 1/8 green and 7/64 orange. I'm going to be a whoopie maniac... :) Or a frustrated mad woman.... We'll see how it goes...

TheHangingTechy
11-16-2011, 18:57
tantalizing deal on Amsteel 1/8inch....not sure...must resist....:drool:

Badchef
11-17-2011, 09:04
Same day shipping out the door!

Les Rust
11-17-2011, 13:26
Just got off the phone with Rebekah--green amsteel to go with camo hammock in the work--gray Lash-it for tarp lines for a gray WL Big Daddy. Looking forward to learning to splice.

huauqui
11-17-2011, 21:09
Ok, so, I broke down and bought some 1/8 inch today what a great deal and what a great company to deal with. Can't wait to get it so I can start playing or oops I mean building things I need to have :)

Thanks Redden Marine!

gelandangan
11-17-2011, 23:57
Emailed Leslie [email protected] for prices a few days ago, no answer yet :(

Redden Web
11-18-2011, 12:52
Emailed Leslie [email protected] for prices a few days ago, no answer yet :(

Sorry, she was out of town on Friday and Monday, but she should have gotten back to you by now. I'll go hassle her.

Ok, you should have an email in your inbox.

Scott

Badchef
11-19-2011, 19:04
THANKS!

Just got the 96' & 24' in black. Rebekah was awesome. Now to make my very first whoopie slings!

Got mine! Thanks!

SteelerNation
11-19-2011, 21:33
Just ordered some and Rebekah was really nice. Thanks so much for the deals! I was thinking about ordering some more and you kicked me into action :)

SN

Got mine today. Very quick and much appreciated!! :)

SN

GroundHog
11-20-2011, 10:35
Ordered mine at 12:30 pm EDT on 11/17/11..It was in my mailbox by 12:3 pm EDT on 11/19/11...Can't beat that for service..

Thanks Rebekah.

gelandangan
11-20-2011, 16:37
Sorry, she was out of town on Friday and Monday, but she should have gotten back to you by now. I'll go hassle her.

Ok, you should have an email in your inbox.

Scott

Thanks for the quote mate!

Redden Web
11-21-2011, 11:29
Hello everyone,

My warehouse manager has informed me that we have built up some remnants in Amsteel Blue which he would like clean up.

If you're interested, just call and talk to Rebekah (who normally answers the phone) at 800-426-9284 and she'll have the below list and the pricing at hand. We're not stacking a 5% discount on top of these particular remnants, but I've knocked the prices down.

Note: She is at lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm PST

This is all Amsteel Blue.

We are filling orders every day, so some of these remnants may disappear, but I'll try to keep the list up to date for the next week and then we'll probably shut this down and just blow them out in our store. We just wanted you all to have first chance.

Size, Color, Lengths Available, Price per Foot

1/8" Blue, Pieces: 24ft, 23ft, 20ft @ .25 per foot
1/8" Black, Pieces: 38ft, 11ft, 9 ft @ .25 per foot
1/8" Orange, Pieces: 34ft, 16ft @ .25 per foot
1/8" Red, Pieces: 37ft, 29ft @.25 per foot
1/8" Silver, Pieces: 59ft, 59ft, 34ft @.25 per foot
1/8" Yellow, Pieces: 31ft, 31ft @.25 per foot
7/64" Blue, Pieces: 71ft, 69ft, 65ft, 53ft, 20ft, 19ft, 17ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Black, Pieces: 98ft, 50ft, 23ft, 17ft, 9ft, 8 ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Green, Pieces: 84ft, 15ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Orange, Pieces: 55ft, 50ft, 25ft, 23ft, 19ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Red, Pieces: 30ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Silver, Pieces: 36ft, 33ft, 18ft, 10ft, 10ft @ .15 per foot
7/64" Yellow, Pieces: 66ft, 63ft, 50ft @ .15 per foot

Moving this to the last page and updating what remains.
(Probably should have made it its own thread but it's almost over.)

Scott

Bevo
08-26-2012, 13:51
For what it is worth, the discount code still works as of 26 Aug 2012. I just order some Amsteel Blue to make some whoopie slings.

Enjoy

robbie g
09-04-2012, 14:32
Thanks again everyone!
Amsteel House
Cheers for the heads up any chance they will ship an order to me over here in France as i am here living now rob. ;)

esku75
09-05-2012, 03:39
Cheers for the heads up any chance they will ship an order to me over here in France as i am here living now rob. ;)

Get it SAT UKHammocks, Mat sells amsteel and the shipment costs will be cheaper for sure, buying in US from Europe could be very expensive because the taxes. Last time I bought 2 t-shirts (30 €) and I paid 22 € in taxes, so it could be very expensive.
That's the main reason I don't have a cuben or silnylon tarp and I'll love to have it.

IMO :)

robbie g
09-05-2012, 09:21
Get it SAT UKHammocks, Mat sells amsteel and the shipment costs will be cheaper for sure, buying in US from Europe could be very expensive because the taxes. Last time I bought 2 t-shirts (30 €) and I paid 22 € in taxes, so it could be very expensive.
That's the main reason I don't have a cuben or silnylon tarp and I'll love to have it.

IMO :)

Cheers for the heads up i have spoken to mat a couple of days ago, and shall pester him to order some 6mm for me ..;)

Redden Web
09-05-2012, 12:44
Hey, that's a great tip for Europe! Thanks!

Also, the discount code Hammockforums does still work. I've just set it to run through the year so I'm not interrupting you guys all the time to say it is still working. Maybe I should go back to monthly updates. :)

Thanks!
Scott
http://www.reddenmarine.com/amsteel-blue

cliff369
09-08-2012, 20:04
Sweet. Thanks.

Elessar
09-11-2012, 12:35
So very glad I found this thread. I was getting ready to order a spool and have been looking around for a good supplier. Looks like I've landed on the right spot now!

Chris48559
09-15-2012, 09:10
So very glad I found this thread. I was getting ready to order a spool and have been looking around for a good supplier. Looks like I've landed on the right spot now!

x2 glad I found this, thanks!

Tigger
10-02-2012, 17:28
Can you supply to the Uk, and if so please add a shipping calulator, you will be popular .... guaranteed

bruinfan
10-02-2012, 17:51
great deal.. careful the dye will color your hands. THANKS :cool::mellow:;):rolleyes::D:):boggle:

tbctx
10-02-2012, 19:08
Tigger they have a person that deals with international shipping. One of there posts has the name I'm sure (i know it changed from the original person).

HURTHEART
10-02-2012, 19:50
great deal.. careful the dye will color your hands. THANKS :cool::mellow:;):rolleyes::D:):boggle:

Yah, wish I had known that BEFORE, I was walking around with a odd color of blue on my fingers. The only interesting part of the blue tinted fingers was watching my Cardiologist examine my hand. LOL:lol:

Polkster13
10-05-2012, 21:13
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the discount. Every penny counts these days in my household!

halfastronomical
12-06-2012, 20:14
Coupon Code FREEXMAS just got me free priority mail shipping on a spool...I am not sure of what qualifies, but I just got a spool for 116.42 and no tax to Alabammy!

halfastronomical
12-06-2012, 20:15
7/64 at Redden that is...

daveocelott
12-06-2012, 20:33
Nice! Gonna have to try it. Thanks!

gmcttr
12-06-2012, 21:42
Coupon Code FREEXMAS just got me free priority mail shipping on a spool...I am not sure of what qualifies, but I just got a spool for 116.42 and no tax to Alabammy!

FREEXMAS is good for free shipping on online orders through 12/16/12.

JaxHiker
12-18-2012, 08:42
Crap. I needed to place a second order and missed the free shipping. :(

ttilberg
01-08-2013, 16:33
As a total hammock noob trying to learn the ropes (pun intended), I appreciate that this thread exists for direction on where to get Amsteel Blue. The shops I asked around town today came up dry. The prices at Redden are quite good. $0.23/ft for 7/64. Shipping came to $6.30 for an order of 85' to Duluth, MN.
As the first report for 2013, the coupon code worked fine today (January 8, 2013)

After reading through this entire thread, I'd like to say that it was cool watching a business capitalize on an incredibly niche market opportunity. Very cool.

Vonzo1974
01-29-2013, 11:22
Just placed an order at Redden for 100' of 7/64" Amsteel in orange for a project. I shouldn't be this excited about buying rope. :-)

gunner76
01-29-2013, 20:16
I have ordered from them in the past, great service. Will have to order some more as I have used up my Amsteel.

gmcttr
01-31-2013, 21:01
From an email from Redden Marine (http://www.reddenmarine.com/index.php/amsteel-blue)..."We wanted to share the love this February by offering
FREE SHIPPING on all online orders for the month of February. Enter coupon code LOVEFISH in your shopping cart and "Apply Coupon" to receive free USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground shipping."

Free shipping usually saves us more than the HF 5% discount.

Brute1100
01-31-2013, 22:14
From an email from Redden Marine (http://www.reddenmarine.com/index.php/amsteel-blue)..."We wanted to share the love this February by offering
FREE SHIPPING on all online orders for the month of February. Enter coupon code LOVEFISH in your shopping cart and "Apply Coupon" to receive free USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground shipping."

Can you use both?

gmcttr
01-31-2013, 22:19
Can you use both?

I'm pretty sure it will only let you use one at a time.

UncleClark
02-01-2013, 16:57
Just put in an order for 200 feet based on me seeing this thread! I got the free shipping, whooohooo.

Brute1100
02-01-2013, 17:38
i bought 180' of zingit and that's all i needed but since i had free shipping i threw in 40' of amsteel just because it was about what shipping would have been anyways... so technically i didn't "save" anything, but i got more stuff for the same price...

Les Rust
02-04-2013, 18:39
I just ordered a spool of black 7/64--warm up the loop turner and let the splicing begin! Free shipping is, indeed, more of a savings than the regular 5% HF discount.

Marlin
02-04-2013, 22:03

Thanks, gmcttr! As a newbie, I didn't know about Redden Marine, even tho this thread has been going since 2009. I've been buying Amsteel locally at much higher prices, and it's only available in gray... now I've got a couple of different colors and some Zing-It on the way!

DemostiX
02-04-2013, 23:53
and see if your local supplier will price match. Some of the largest marine retailers, eg West Marine, will price match, or go much of the way to doing so.

otter
02-05-2013, 06:53
Thanks for the code

samjaynes
03-04-2013, 11:16
Any update on this thread? Not seeing free shipping coupon(s) applying on their website. Trying to order amsteel and zing-it.

highlife
03-04-2013, 12:51
I'm pretty sure the code was for February only.

gmcttr
03-04-2013, 12:54
Use "Hammockforums" for a 5% discount. The free shipping is over.

SteelToe
04-12-2013, 20:34
Thanks a ton for the forum discount, Redden Marine! :)

TCB

Fixxr5
04-12-2013, 21:10
When I order amsteel from Redden I get 600' spool. Now with 4.95 shipping, probably best price on the net. They've always shipped quickly. Couple of times same day shipped.

:thumbup1: They are definitely on top of their game!:thumbup1:

samjaynes
04-15-2013, 14:35
Great website - Not seeing the $4.95 shipping, $6.65 for me, but close enough I guess.

wideguy
04-19-2013, 09:26
I've been looking all over and even without coupons and deals, their price is very competitive and their shipping is lower. I'll be placing an order soon. Thanks Redden!

MAD777
04-19-2013, 09:48
Plus, when you order from Redden, the package is in your mailbox by the time you shut down your computer.

breyman
04-19-2013, 09:54
Plus, when you order from Redden, the package is in your mailbox by the time you shut down your computer.

That's been my experience, too. EXTREMELY fast out there door.

gmcttr
04-19-2013, 10:51
I've been looking all over and even without coupons and deals, their price is very competitive and their shipping is lower. ...

True, but just for fun, use "HammockForums" for a 5% discount code.

Taliesin96
04-20-2013, 20:58
Thanks again everyone!
Amsteel House

i went to order 100 feet from you 23.00 shipping to canada 28.90 ummm crazy. thanks but i guess i will still buy from west marine

wideguy
04-22-2013, 09:54
I've been looking all over and even without coupons and deals, their price is very competitive and their shipping is lower. I'll be placing an order soon. Thanks Redden!

True, but just for fun, use "HammockForums" for a 5% discount code.

Oh yes, absolutely! And not just Amsteel but their price on Zing-It/Lash-it is good too. So even without the Free shipping or larger discounts, these guys desrve a look, IMHO. The 5% is just gravy ;)

Soupy
04-23-2013, 18:14
This might have been posted already... (or old news)... but here is part of a reply to a recent email.

"We only have the free shipping promotion periodically throughout the year. The 5% discount is available year round."

"Our current discount is $10.00 off $50.00 or more with discount code April10. We will be running the same promotion in May with discount code MAY10."

"We have a monthly newsletter which includes the discount codes for that month. When we have free shipping promotions that will be found in the newsletter and in the Hammock Forums. If you would like to receive our monthly newsletter you can sign up here: http://bit.ly/S3aRod. "