PDA

View Full Version : Loco Libre - Ghost Pepper Top Quilt

wahookie
11-19-2015, 20:25
Hi all. Be gentle, this is my first post!
These are some photos of my new Loco Libre Ghost Pepper 30 degree top quilt. I am soooooo excited about this one. It hasn’t left my sight since my boyfriend (Uphill) surprised me with it at the NoVa Hang 2 weekends ago. I literally cried when he gave it to me. It was a huge surprise! George was very responsive in helping Uphill get the quilt in time to surprise me, and was a joy to work with. It turned out just like Uphill imagined and he knew I would love it.

It is absolutely gorgeous, its coloring a nod to my UVA alma mater and goes with my whole blue and orange hanging theme. Uphill and I met George at the Fall MAHHA, and he is a really nice guy. I was impressed with his work and fell in love with his unique style of baffles. It was not only pretty and unusual visually, but from a performance standpoint also made a lot of sense. The chevrons keep the down where it belongs (keeping me warm). It is so fluffy and performed perfectly on both nights out in the woods (second night going down to mid/high 30s).

The deets:
30*
75” (fits my 5’-10” height with room to tuck it over my head to keep my face warm)
800 fill HyperDry duck down
Victoria Blue argon 90 inner/Burnt Orange argon 90 outer (argon 90).
2oz overstuff in the footbox cause my boo knows my toes get cold.

I love this thing so much, I use it on my bed at home and to keep me warm when I’m watching TV. I lay in it and fall asleep almost instantly, it’s insanely cozy. If you’re looking for a top quilt (or bottom quilt for that matter-that is on my wish list next!) with a unique and attractive look and wonderful performance, look no further than Loco Libre. George, thank you so much, keep up the good work!

knix04
11-19-2015, 20:33
Looks great, wahookie, and that comes from a Tar Heel! The Angel and I are looking forward to hanging tomorrow night with our brand new Loco Libre underquilts. We look forward to being as spoiled as you!
Congratulations...

Uphill
11-19-2015, 20:33
I dig it girl! Great post to pop your hammock forum cherry!

wahookie
11-19-2015, 20:38
:-) thanks boo!!

wahookie
11-19-2015, 20:39
Looks great, wahookie, and that comes from a Tar Heel! The Angel and I are looking forward to hanging tomorrow night with our brand new Loco Libre underquilts. We look forward to being as spoiled as you!
Congratulations...

Thanks knix! You'll love em! Happy hanging :-)

locknload
11-19-2015, 20:51
As a Mountaineer, I guess your quilt looks okay... :lol:.

Seriously, your quilt rocks, it's awesome and the colors go great together. George does fantastic work for sure. My Ghost Pepper also pulls couch duty, it's just too comfy not too.

I don't think I met you guys at the Fall MAHHA, maybe at the next one.

georgecarr
11-19-2015, 20:55
George, thank you so much, keep up the good work!
Thank you for the kind words wahookie! It was great to meet you and uphill at MAHHA. One of my favorite things is to meet the folks who use the gear we make.

dkurfiss
11-19-2015, 20:56
Nice review. Thanks for posting *and waves from over in Sterling, VA*

wahookie
11-19-2015, 21:22
As a Mountaineer, I guess your quilt looks okay... :lol:.

Seriously, your quilt rocks, it's awesome and the colors go great together. George does fantastic work for sure. My Ghost Pepper also pulls couch duty, it's just too comfy not too.

I don't think I met you guys at the Fall MAHHA, maybe at the next one.

Haha, colors are close :-). I met a lot of people at MAHHA (it being my second group hang ever I'm still meeting lots of people), so we may have run into each other but will definitely be on the lookout at the next one for ya

wahookie
11-19-2015, 21:23
Nice review. Thanks for posting *and waves from over in Sterling, VA*

Thank you! Hey, that's not too far :-)

wahookie
11-19-2015, 21:24
Thank you for the kind words wahookie! It was great to meet you and uphill at MAHHA. One of my favorite things is to meet the folks who use the gear we make.

Two thumbs up George :-)