PDA

View Full Version : Maccat Ultra - Partial Order Delivered

Bluesrx9
01-23-2016, 10:30
I ordered a Maccat Ultra, guy line kit and a large stuffsack from Brian. I received the tarp and guy line kit but the stuff sack was never shipped. I attempted to contact him multiple times with no response. I know it's only $11 but it's the lack of response that is frustrating. Great tarp with poor customer service as posted many times. Turned out to be $172.20 tarp with the guy line kit.

zukiguy
01-23-2016, 10:34
Unfortunately that seems to be kind of par for the course as of late. He makes great products but the customer service has really suffered in recent years. I was lucky enough to get my products from him when he was still in high school and they're going strong. Trying to be a cottage vendor while still working another full-time job is double tough. I think "life" is getting in the way of his tarp-making hobby.

Shug
01-23-2016, 10:41
Look down through the OES Vendors thread and you will see a lot of threads unhappy with his communication......https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php/63-OES-Tarps
He makes a wonderful tarp but drops the ball on customer service over and over on here. It is too bad that happens.

Shug

SilvrSurfr
01-23-2016, 11:24
You fared better than some - at least you got the tarp!

Acer
01-24-2016, 15:34
In 2011, took me 9-10 weeks to get my very first hammock tarp off OES. To this day, wished i had kept it as it was a awesome tarp.

gunner76
01-29-2016, 14:42
I took a chance last year and ordered one of his in stock tarps and asked to have it seam sealed. Took two weeks to get. It is a great tarp.