PDA

View Full Version : peapod stuff sack question

stevebo
11-21-2009, 18:02
I noticed on a seperate post, someone complained about how hard it was to put the peapod back into its stuff sack (the one that came with it). Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

Hooch
11-21-2009, 18:16
For me at least, the SnugFit has the same problem. A Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil bag of appropriate size fixes said problem with no trouble whatsoever. Aslo keeps your TQ, UQ or PP dryer, no drawcord hole for water to leak into.

stevebo
11-21-2009, 18:28
What are the dimensions of the "sea to summit" stuff sack?: What size would you recommend for the PP?

Hooch
11-21-2009, 18:37
What are the dimensions of the "sea to summit" stuff sack?: What size would you recommend for the PP?The Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil dry bags (http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/7) come in 7 different sizes and are great to keep a little of anything dry. I use a few of them in my pack for my clothes bag, food bag, small miscellanous items bag and for my TQ/UQ. I can easily get a SnugFit and Speer Top Blanket in a 20-Liter bag with plenty of room to spare. I would think that a Pea Pod would fit very well in it also.

stretch
11-21-2009, 19:18
I have had a similar experience with the speer top blanket. I use a roll top sack that is about twice the size of the supplied stuff sack.

MacEntyre
11-21-2009, 19:31
I thought it was a pretty tight fit, but Angrysparrow said he gets his into it's stuff sack, so I decided I would get mine into it's stuff sack... no more problems.

I use the hammock end to trap the bag while pushing the last bit in.

- MacEntyre

millergear
11-21-2009, 19:35
I change out the stock stuff sacks that come with almost every thing to larger sacks that are easy to stuff. Then I use my pack as the final stuff sack. An added benifit is that the pack is always evenly filled.

stevebo
11-22-2009, 20:06
Thanks for the info!

LyttleBryan
11-23-2009, 08:47
I personally had no problems getting it into the stuff sack. My only complaint was the stuff sack was not also a compression sack. I like the dry compression sacks that come with some of the higher end sleeping bags (like my MH Ultra Lamina).