PDA

View Full Version : ***NEW STORE AT LOCOLIBRE GEAR***

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 10:12
I've been working on a new store for loco Libre Gear for a couple of weeks now and it's finally up and running. I took advantage of the new technology to make some great changes and to add some new options.I'll try to list them all here.

STORE

The whole store is cleaner and smoother to navigate.There is now a search function as well as a shopping cart and wish list.

You can now create an account, and track your order's progress through the account.

The store is now mobile friendly. Yay!

All orders tabulate as you check options.No more going to the shopping cart to see what the cost is.

I've added a section for other cottage manufacturers gear that I will carry.I choose to support them and hope that you will too.

ALL QUILTS

I've added a few options, most notably you can now choose what color thread you want inside and out. Also,there is now a photo gallery with each product.

UNDERQUILTS

The Longhot is no more. All underquilts now fall under the Habanero title.

Instead of just an option to buy a 3/4 or full underquilt you can purchase a quilt that YOU custom size to any length from 50" to 83" in one increments. You can also add up to 5 ounces of down to the larger quilts. If you pick too much down for that particular size quilt it will say out of stock.

TOPQUILTS

The confusing mess of paypal buttons is no more! There is one drop down for each quilt with all options.

I've added the option of "half Taper". What this means is that the quilt will taper 5" from top to bottom. This has been popular so why not add it as an option?

CUSTOM WORK

Since we've opened people have asked for fabrics from other places. Up to this point we have absorbed most, if not all of the costs of these orders. My cost is $6.95 in shipping, plus an additional $2-$3 per yard of fabric. Because of these costs, I will gladly still make custom quilts with these fabrics, but cannot absorb the costs any more. There is an option under "Custom Work" called "Non Standard Fabric Charge" to address this. I hope you can understand,as we want to be around for a long time. Thank you for your understanding.

Please, please, please give feedback on the new store.I'm excited and I hope it will increase your gear buying experience!

G

http://www.locolibregear.com/products.html

LuvmyBonnet
02-11-2016, 10:25
Great page George! I like it. Only thing I noticed is that it was a bit confusing having the 0* Ghost Pepper on the second page. I think all the Ghost peppers should be on the same page.

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 10:35
Great page George! I like it. Only thing I noticed is that it was a bit confusing having the 0* Ghost Pepper on the second page. I think all the Ghost peppers should be on the same page.

Yup, working the bugs out, lol. All fixed. Thank you!

knix04
02-11-2016, 10:41
Good Looking site, George! I'll peruse it more closely when I'm not on the clock;)

BigRed77
02-11-2016, 10:42
Did you stop carrying Muilticam. I sure like mine. BigRed77

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 10:49
Did you stop carrying Muilticam. I sure like mine. BigRed77

Unfortunately, I'm out and Intruder isn't available. If it comes back into stock I'll re-add it.

TFC Rick
02-11-2016, 11:05
I've added a section for other cottage manufacturers gear that I will carry.I choose to support them and hope that you will too.

That is classy and awesome of you to do Sir. Thank you.

sqidmark
02-11-2016, 11:42
Cool George! I was gonna ask you if you'd customize the length for us as 77" is way over our heads. No more left/right lays?

Tim

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 11:49
Cool George! I was gonna ask you if you'd customize the length for us as 77" is way over our heads. No more left/right lays?

Tim
Oops! All fixed. Thanks!

Seahag
02-11-2016, 12:03
Looks much better
Only problem is I want more stuff
Ifv you can post as many pictures of your custom jobs as you can.
Your stuff looks so unique it's like art.
The colors and patterns are alluring. There is one tq that reminds me of a sliver of water melon
Or I maybe losing my mind and just quilt crazy...

chrishom13
02-11-2016, 12:17
So my Long Hot is already a collector's item....Sweet!!

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 12:20

Can't say for sure, but it may have doubled in price overnight......

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 12:23
Looks much better
Only problem is I want more stuff
Ifv you can post as many pictures of your custom jobs as you can.
Your stuff looks so unique it's like art.
The colors and patterns are alluring. There is one tq that reminds me of a sliver of water melon
Or I maybe losing my mind and just quilt crazy...
Haha! I'm going to put up a gallery page later and we'll call it quilt art:thumbup:

Levi Tate
02-11-2016, 12:35
Hi George, nice upgrade to the Store.

I have a question about your "half taper". Is that a 5" diference from the top to the bottom, or just from half way down to the bottom?

It was my understanding that "half taper" meant the top half of the quilt had no taper, then from about half way down the quilt would taper that 5" or 10" to the bottom.

So basically, quilt width - head end, middle, foot end...

no taper = 50-50-50
half taper = 50-50-40
full taper = 50-45-40

Just trying to clarify. Thanks.

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 12:43
Hi George, nice upgrade to the Store.

I have a question about your "half taper". Is that a 5" diference from the top to the bottom, or just from half way down to the bottom?

It was my understanding that "half taper" meant the top half of the quilt had no taper, then from about half way down the quilt would taper that 5" or 10" to the bottom.

So basically, quilt width - head end, middle, foot end...

no taper = 50-50-50
half taper = 50-50-40
full taper = 50-45-40

Just trying to clarify. Thanks.

Good point. Fixed

Levi Tate
02-11-2016, 12:57
Probably should just list the tapers in inches rather than half or whole, or whole 5' whole 10". Good point

Yes, or:

5" full taper, 10" full taper.

That should help illustrate the shape. Thanks.

knix04
02-11-2016, 13:52
I have a long hot, left lay from way back when George made them.
Woohoo!;)

TrailSlug
02-11-2016, 14:15
What about quilt sizes as in the height of the top quilt? If your say 5' 9" which size would fit best. i may have missed this but was it in the quilt buyers guide? Also the Serrano quilts do not have a description like the Ghost Peppers do. What is the difference in these quilts?

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 14:29
What about quilt sizes as in the height of the top quilt? If your say 5' 9" which size would fit best. i may have missed this but was it in the quilt buyers guide? Also the Serrano quilts do not have a description like the Ghost Peppers do. What is the difference in these quilts?

Your right about the Serrano description. I'll get to that later today. The Serrano is a straight baffled, lower cost quilt, while the Ghost Pepper has chevron baffles that trap the down in place.

I've tried to stay away from "if your this tall you need this quilt" because not everyone uses a quilt the same. Some, like me pull them up to their neck, while others want to be able to pull them over their head. If you're 5"9" you fall firmly into the 75" category, if your 6'1" your borderline between 75" and 80" depending on how you use your quilt. I'll place some generalizations either in the buyer's guide or the description depending on how wordy it gets.

TrailSlug
02-11-2016, 14:33
Your right about the Serrano description. I'll get to that later today. The Serrano is a straight baffled, lower cost quilt, while the Ghost Pepper has chevron baffles that trap the down in place.

I've tried to stay away from "if your this tall you need this quilt" because not everyone uses a quilt the same. Some, like me pull them up to their neck, while others want to be able to pull them over their head. If you're 5"9" you fall firmly into the 75" category, if your 6'1" your borderline between 75" and 80" depending on how you use your quilt. I'll place some generalizations either in the buyer's guide or the description depending on how wordy it gets.Thanks for the response and the new store looks great. One minor issue is the "Receive email updates" on the contact form is running into some of the other text but this is real minor.

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 15:17
Thanks for the response and the new store looks great. One minor issue is the "Receive email updates" on the contact form is running into some of the other text but this is real minor.

That's glitchy godaddy stuff. That was probably a problem before the store update. I appreciate you pointing that out. If you want to get on an email list you should make an account through the store, since that's where emails will be generated going forward.

fallkniven
02-11-2016, 17:10
Ahh, I was having trouble remembering your HF screen name. I see what your talking about now, the zig zag pattern. Very nice, and I can see how it'll hold the down in place better. Great work!

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 17:22
Ahh, I was having trouble remembering your HF screen name. I see what your talking about now, the zig zag pattern. Very nice, and I can see how it'll hold the down in place better. Great work!

Thank you sir!

Mouseskowitz
02-11-2016, 19:06
Nice looking site! Some of the pages seem a little strange though. There is a ton of white space between the end of the content and the footer. On the TQ page there are two pages of quilts even though there is extra white space.

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 19:38
Nice looking site! Some of the pages seem a little strange though. There is a ton of white space between the end of the content and the footer. On the TQ page there are two pages of quilts even though there is extra white space.
Thanks. Yes, I'm still tweaking that background. Little changes. Keep the feedback coming!

Gresh
02-11-2016, 19:53
FWIW, the upcharge for the Ripstop By The Roll (http://www.ripstopbytheroll.com) fabrics is WELL worth it.

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 20:11
FWIW, the upcharge for the Ripstop By The Roll (http://www.ripstopbytheroll.com) fabrics is WELL worth it.

Wasn't a slam on Ripstop By The Roll at all. Just can't keep absorbing the charges for custom work, that's all.

dperk
02-11-2016, 20:27
Site looks good George!

gunner76
02-11-2016, 20:59
looking good

publicalias
02-11-2016, 21:39
Caught in the wild...My 0 degree collector's item!

georgecarr
02-11-2016, 22:21
Caught in the wild...My 0 degree collector's item!

I swear everyone takes better pictures than me, lol. Looking good!

Chrisja77
02-12-2016, 00:46
The site looks great and makes my decision making on what quilt set to go with even harder. Thanks for that...hahaha

CedricMordrin
02-12-2016, 15:44
The site looks great and makes my decision making on what quilt set to go with even harder. Thanks for that...hahaha

I was in the same boat. I've been emailing George back and forth for a day now with questions and I placed my order this morning.

publicalias
02-12-2016, 15:53
I swear everyone takes better pictures than me, lol. Looking good!
Thanks! I was going to take some pictures of the Ghost Pepper, but it just wanted to fly away with all of the wind. So, it stayed in the hammock while I took the Long Hot pictures.

TrailSlug
02-12-2016, 17:19
I was in the same boat. I've been emailing George back and forth for a day now with questions and I placed my order this morning.What did you end up ordering?

CedricMordrin
02-12-2016, 17:37
What did you end up ordering?

Ended up getting an 80" duck Habanero (20F) and 75" goose Ghost Pepper (30F). The top quilt will end up replacing my 30/40F (survival/comfort) mummy bag for when I go backpacking places I cannot hang. Sadly, due to weather I think these will only get used a few months a year. Most of the year it is 65-85 at night here.
I originally wanted to be flashier w/ colors of my alma mater, but figured it would show dirt/wear easier so I settled on Charcoal/Orange. Worst case I can invert one/both as a signal or 'hunters don't shoot me' sign.

Also, the current promotional discount for ordering two or more quilts allowed me to upgrade the topquilt to goose down and stay on budget.

Helium33
02-13-2016, 13:49
Great upgrades to the site. Makes me wanna purchase another quilt.

georgecarr
02-15-2016, 19:44
I've been working on a new store for loco Libre Gear for a couple of weeks now and it's finally up and running. I took advantage of the new technology to make some great changes and to add some new options.I'll try to list them all here.

STORE

The whole store is cleaner and smoother to navigate.There is now a search function as well as a shopping cart and wish list.

You can now create an account, and track your order's progress through the account.

The store is now mobile friendly. Yay!

All orders tabulate as you check options.No more going to the shopping cart to see what the cost is.

ALL QUILTS

I've added a few options, most notably you can now choose what color thread you want inside and out. Also,there is now a photo gallery with each product.

UNDERQUILTS

The Longhot is no more. All underquilts now fall under the Habanero title.

Instead of just an option to buy a 3/4 or full underquilt you can purchase a quilt that YOU custom size to any length from 50" to 83" in one increments. You can also add up to 5 ounces of down to the larger quilts. If you pick too much down for that particular size quilt it will say out of stock.

TOPQUILTS

The confusing mess of paypal buttons is no more! There is one drop down for each quilt with all options.

I've added the option of "half Taper". What this means is that the quilt will taper 5" from top to bottom. This has been popular so why not add it as an option?

CUSTOM WORK

Since we've opened people have asked for fabrics from other places. Up to this point we have absorbed most, if not all of the costs of these orders. My cost is $6.95 in shipping, plus an additional $2-$3 per yard of fabric. Because of these costs, I will gladly still make custom quilts with these fabrics, but cannot absorb the costs any more. There is an option under "Custom Work" called "Non Standard Fabric Charge" to address this. I hope you can understand,as we want to be around for a long time. Thank you for your understanding.

Please, please, please give feedback on the new store.I'm excited and I hope it will increase your gear buying experience!

G

http://www.locolibregear.com/gear.html

The link at the bottom of the post has changed to www.locolibregear.com/gear.html. Thanks.